Quick Facts Of Addison Russell
Celebrated Name Addison Russell Age 25 Years Nick Name Russell Birth Name Geoffreye O’Neal Addison Robert Watts Jr III Birth Date 1994-01-23 Gender Male Profession Baseball Player Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Pensacola, Florida Mother Milany Ocampo-Russell Father Stepfather Wayne Russell Nationality American Horoscope Aquarius Ethnicity Filipino American Religion Christianity Height 1.83 m Weight 91 kg Eye Color Dark Brown Hair Color Dark Brown Marital Status Married (Divorced) Wife Melisa Reidy (Ex) Children 2 Net Worth $7 Million
The American professional baseball infielder is Addison Wayne Russell. He is professionally known as Addison Russell. He plays for the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball (MLB).
In 2012, he was drafted by Oakland Athletics in Major League Baseball Draft. He started with Arizona League Athletics. In 2015, he made his MLB debut. In 2015, he was listed as the third-best prospect in professional baseball by Baseball America.
Rumor and Gossip
- The allegation of domestic violence and abuse on him are again resurfaced by his wife Melisa Reidy.
- Addison Russell placed on leave after ex-wife shares details of domestic violence allegations in the blog post
Russell’s Early Life
Addison Russell’s full name is Addison Wayne Russell. He was born on 23 January 1994 at Pensacola, Florida. He was born to Milany Ocampo-Russell. He was raised by his mother and stepfather Wayne Russell. The full name on Russell’s birth certificate is Geoffrey O’Neal Addison Robert Watts Jr III. He was nearly killed by the human respiratory syncytial virus at three months old. Then, he was adopted by his stepfather, Wayne and took the name, Addison Wayne Russell. He attended Pace High School.
Russell’s Body Features
Russell’s height is 1.83 m and weight is 91 kg. His eye color is dark brown and the hair color is dark brown. Overall, he has the balanced and healthy body.
- In 2010, he played in ‘Under Armour All-America Baseball Game’ and was named a ‘Perfect Game Aflac All-American Game’ participant
- In 2011, he was named in ‘Louisville Slugger First Team All-American’. He also signed a National Letter of Intent to play college baseball at Auburn University for the Tigers baseball team in November.
- At the 2011 COPABE 18U/AAA Pan American games, he was a member of the USA Baseball 18U National Team and won a gold medal.
- In 2001, he was the first high school athlete selected by the A’s in the first round of the draft.
- He was drafted by the ‘Oakland Athletics’ with the 11th overall pick of the first round in the 2012 ‘Major League Baseball Draft’.
- He played for the ‘Arizona League Athletic’ as his start of the career.
- In 2012, he has named an Oakland MILB.com organization All-Star and an AZL post-season All-Star.
- In 2013 season, he was the Athletics’ best prospect according to ‘Baseball America’. He has also named the best prospect in the ‘Arizona League’. He was named an ‘Oakland MILB.com organization All-Star’, a CAL rookie of the year, a CAL post-season All-Star, and a CAL Futures Game selection.
- While playing for Mesa, he was also named to the ‘AFL All-Prospect Team’, and an ‘AFL Rising Star’.
- In 2014, he was traded to Chicago Clubs. He was then again sent to Arizona Fall League at the end of the 2014 minor league season.
- In 2015, he was called up to the 25-man roster to play second base against the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park. He got injured and did not play the four games.
- In 2016, he was the starting shortstop at the 2016 Major League Baseball All-Star Game. On October 25, he along with teammates Dexter Fowler, Jason Heyward, and Carl Edwards Jr., became the first African-Americans to play for the Cubs in a World Series game. He hit the 19th grand slam in the history of the World Series in the sixth game.
- In 2017, he played and was injured. So he was placed on the 10-day disabled list due to a strained right foot on 4 August. Then on 16 September, he returned and started playing.
Russell’s Personal Life
Russell is the married man. He is married to Melisa Reidy in January 2016. The couple has a son named Aiden Kai Margallo Russel who was born in August 2015. He also has a daughter from his former relationship with Mallory Engstrom named Mila Jade Engstrom-Russell who was born in May 2015.
In 2017, he was accused by a third-party of domestic violence against Reidy. This was because she posted a photo to Instagram and one of her friends commented on the post accusing Russell of mentally and physically abusing his wife. Then she filed for divorce. Two weeks later he was not allowed to cooperate with MLB’s investigation. He was put on the administrative leave.
Then again on 19 September 2018, she posted a lengthy blog in which there is a detail of the physical and emotional abuse that she has suffered through the year when she was with her ex-husband Russell.
Russell’s net worth is estimated to be $7 million as of 2018.
Did You Know?
- As running back position, he played for high school football.
- Russell was named as First-Team All-Tournament as Shortstop.