Quick Facts Of Andrew Gillum
Celebrated Name Andrew Gillum Age 40 Years Nick Name Gillum Birth Name Andrew Gillum Birth Date 1979-07-26 Gender Male Profession Politician Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Miami, Florida Father Charles Gillum Mother Frances Gillum Height 6 feet 3 inch Weight 81 kg Marital Status Married Spouse R. Jai Howard Nationality American Horoscope Leo Ethnicity African-American Children 3 Net Worth $334,200
One of the American politician serving his first term as Mayor of Tallahassee since 2014 is Andrew Gillum. In February 2003, he was the youngest person ever elected to the Tallahassee City Commission. When he unexpectedly won the Democratic primary election over a field of 5 other candidates, he became the Florida Democratic Party’s nominee for Governor of Florida on 28 August 2018.
Gillum’s Early Life
Andrew Gillum was born on 26 July 1979 at Miami, Florida, the U.S. he was born to Charles Gillum who is a construction worker and Frances Gillum who is a school bus driver. he was the seventh child of his parents. He was raised at Gainesville. He graduated from Gainesville High School in 1998.
He moved to Tallahassee to attend Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU). From 2001-2002, he served as President of the FAMU Student Government Association. He was the first student member of FAMU Board of Trustees. He was recognized as “Emerging Leader for 2003” by the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. He was also a Board member of the Black Youth Vote Coalition which is a program of the National Coalition of Black Civic Participation in Washington, D.C.
Gillum’s Body Features
Gillum’s height is 6 feet 3 inch and weight is 81 kg. He has the balanced and healthy body.
- In 2003, he was elected to a one-year term as city commissioner reelected to a full term.
- From 10 November to 9 November 2005, he served a one-year term as Mayor Pro Tem.
- For 2005, the Capital Region Transportation Planning Agency which is the joint body of City and County Commissioners elected him to serve as their chairperson.
- He served as lead commissioner for the Long Range Community Based Target Issue Committee.
- He championed the opening of the first Tallahassee Teen Center named ‘The Palmer Munroe Center’ which serves as a safe haven for many area youths and operates a restorative justice program.
- He led the city’s development project Cascades Park which is located in the heart of downtown Tallahassee.
- In 2013, he began his campaign for the office of Mayor of Tallahassee.
- On 27 August 2014, he became the Mayor-elect.
- He launched the Tallahassee Mayoral Fellows Program in partnership with Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and Florida State University.
- In January 2015, he supported the City of Tallahassee joining in the Ban the Box campaign.
- In March 2015, he participated in a conference call with other Florida mayors and United States Deputy Secretary of Commerce.
- He launched four community-led task forces as part of his Family First Agenda.
- In 2015, he worked with community organizations to implement Operation Safe Neighborhoods.
- On 28 August 2018, he won the Democratic nomination for governor over former congresswoman Gwen Graham. In general election, he will face against Republican Ron DeSantis.
Gillum’s Personal Life
Gillum is the married man. His wife name is R. Jai Howard. They married on 24 May 2009. They met while studying at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU). They have three children named Jackson, Caroline, and Davis.
Gillum’s net worth is estimated to be $334,200.