Quick Facts Of Ben Platt
Celebrated Name Ben Platt Age 26 Years Nick Name Birth Name Benjamin Schiff Platt Birth Date 1993-09-24 Gender Male Profession Actor and Singer Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Los Angeles, California Nationality American Ethnicity Ashkenazi Jewish Horoscope Libra Religion Judaism School Harvard-Westlake School University Columbia University Marital Status Unmarried Girl Friend Beanie Feldstein Father Marc E. Platt Mother Julie Platt Siblings One Brothers Jonah Platt Height 5 feet 10 inches Weight 69 Kg Education Blue Hair Color Light Brown Chest Size 39 inches Bicep Size 13 inches Waist Size 32 inches Net Worth $7 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Ben Platt is an American actor as well as a singer known for his famous Broadway musical named, “Dear Evan Hansen” for which he has received several awards. Platt has been part of many musical hits like the “Pitch Perfect”. Platt has specialized on vocals and the piano as his musical expertise. Recently, the theatre actor has started his work for TV and movies intensively. Other Broadway actors who turned to TV/movie stars include Molly Ephraim, Lauren Coppock, etc.
Who are the parents of Ben Platt?
Recalling his early life, Ben was born in Los Angeles, California, the United States. His birth name is Benjamin Schiff Platt. His mother’s name is Julie Platt and father’s name is Marc E. Platt. His father is a film, television and theater producer by profession. His ethnicity is Ashkenazi Jewish and nationality is American. He has a brother named is Jonah Platt and he does not have any sister.
Regarding his education, Ben attended Harvard-Westlake School and graduated in the year 2011. Later, he joined Columbia University for her further studies. Similarly, For his interest in acting, he went to Adderley School for Performing Arts in Pacific Palisades.
When did Ben Platt begin his acting career?
- Ben Platt started his acting career since a very tender age. He started with the theatre act, The Music Man in the year 2002. In 2004, he was starred in Caroline or Change and the next year in 2005, he was featured in Dead End. His first movie was Red Riding Hood which was released in the year 2006.
- In 2012, he became part of another regional tour titled ‘The Power of Duff.’ He played Ricky in the stage play. In the same year, he played Chris Thurser in ‘The Black Suits.’
- Platt delivered his first memorable performance in ‘The Book of Mormon.’ The show premiered on December 19, 2012, at the ‘Bank of America Theatre’ and ran for almost a year. Ben’s performance received positive reviews from critics. He reprised his role from ‘The Book of Mormon’ at ‘Eugene O’Neill Theatre.’ This time around the play ran from 2014 to 2015.
- Among the notable roles of his early career was the portrayal of Claude Bukowski in ‘Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical.’ It was a ‘Columbia University’ production.
- In 2016, he appeared in Ang Lee’s war drama film ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.’ The movie starred Joe Alwyn, Kristen Stewart, and Vin Diesel among many others. Ben appeared as Josh in the movie. In 2017, he appeared in the Whitney Cummings comedy film ‘The Female Brain,’ which starred Whitney Cummings and Sofia Vergara.
- In 2017, he also appeared in an episode of the hit TV sitcom ‘Will & Grace.’ He was signed by ‘Atlantic Records’ in the same year. On January 28, 2018, Ben performed Leonard Bernstein’s ‘Somewhere’ at the 60th ‘Annual Grammy Awards.’ He also performed with Lin-Manuel Miranda at the ‘March for Our Lives’ rally in Washington D.C. on March 24, 2018.
- In 2018, he appeared in a comedy film ‘Drunk Parents.’ The film stars Alec Baldwin, Salma Hayek, and Jim Gaffigan among others. In the same year, he was roped in to play an important role in ‘Run This Town.’ The Ricky Tollman-directed thriller stars Nina Dobrev and Damian Lewis. The movie was mired in controversy when it was claimed that the makers were appropriating the story of a journalist named Robyn Doolittle. Ben is also playing a part in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘The Politician.
- In January 2019, Platt announced that his debut studio album Sing to Me Instead was scheduled for release on March 29, 2019. Later,
- He released a new single “Rain” on August 23rd, 2019, followed by a music video on September 10th, 2019.
What are the achievements of Ben Platt?
- In 2013, Ben received his first nomination at the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ for ‘Pitch Perfect.’ He was nominated under the ‘Male Scene Stealer’ category. In 2016, he won an ‘Obie Award’ for his role in ‘Dear Evan Hansen.’
- In 2017, he won a ‘Tony Award’ for ‘Best Actor in a Musical’ for his performance in ‘Dear Evan Hansen.’ He also won a ‘Drama League Award’ under ‘Distinguished Performance’ for ‘Dear Evan Hansen.’ In the same year, he won the ‘Lucille Lortel Award’ for ‘Outstanding Lead Actor in a Musical’ for ‘Dear Evan Hansen.’ He also won ‘Favorite Leading Actor in a Musical’ and ‘Favorite Onstage Pair’ at the ‘Broadway.com Audience Awards’ for playing Evan Hansen.
- He won a ‘Grammy Award’ for ‘Best Musical Theater Album’ in 2018. He won a ‘Daytime Emmy Award’ for ‘Outstanding Musical Performance in a Daytime Program’ for ‘You Will Be Found’ which was performed on ‘The Today Show.’
Is Ben Platt Gay?
As per Wikipedia, Ben is gay. He came out to his family at 12 years old and publicly in 2019, through the music video for his song “Ease My Mind”. But some online websites elaborate that he is in a relationship with the opposite sex, Beanie Feldstein which is shocking news. Maybe the information is wrong or maybe it becomes true. It makes a time to disclose it. Until then stay tuned with us, we will update to you whenever we update.
How much net worth does Ben Platt own?
As an actor and singer, Ben earn the sum of a good amount of money from his career. His estimated net worth is said to be $7 million as of 2019, according to online sites. While his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Ben Platt?
Observing his body statistics, Ben has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 69 kg. His hair color is light brown and eye color is blue. His chest, biceps, and waist size is 39-13-32 inches.
Did You Know?
- Was the youngest person to play Elder Cunningham in the musical “Book of Mormon”, at only nineteen years old.
- On May 2017, Merited a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” issue with an homage written by Zac Efron.