Quick Facts Of Bob Ross
Celebrated Name Bob Ross Age 77 Years Nick Name Ross Birth Name Robert Norman Ross Birth Date 1942-10-29 Gender Male Profession Painter Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Daytona Beach, Florida, U.S Nationality American Father Jack Ross Mother Ollie Ross Siblings 1: Jim Ross Best Known For For the catchphrases he used while painting such as “happy little trees” Marital Status Married Spouse Lynda Brown Children 1: Steven Ross Death Date 4th July 1995 Cause Of Death lymphoma Net Worth $1.4 million to $6 million Salary Will Update Soon
Robert Norman Ross famed as Bob Ross is an American painter, art instructor, and television host. He went from being a public television personality in the 1980s and 1990s to being an Internet celebrity in the 21st century, becoming popular with fans on YouTube and many other websites after his death. He was a very talented painter and well-known by all.
For the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, an instructional television program that aired from 1983 to 1994 on PBS in the United States, and also aired in Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
Illness and Death of Ross
In the year 1994, he was diagnosed with lymphoma which made him retired from the final episode of The Joy of Painting’ aired on May 17, 1994. He died on 4th July 1995 at the age of 52. He kept his diagnosis a secret from the general public, and his lymphoma was not known outside of his circle of family and friends until after his death.
Early Life of Bob
Bob Ross was born on 29th October 1942 with the birth name of Robert Norman Ross in Daytona Beach, Florida, the U.S. His nationality is American. He was born to Jack Ross and Ollie Ross. His father was a carpenter and his mother was a waitress. He was raised in Orlando, Florida. He entertained himself by caring for injured animals, purportedly including an armadillo, snake, and alligator in his babyhood. Talking about his siblings, he had a half-brother, Jim.
Regarding his education, he dropped out of high school in the 9th grade to work as a carpenter with his father, Jack Ross, when he lost part of his left index finger.
Body Features of Bob
Bob has got a very attractive body. With his glowing smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. Hos body features such as height, weight, body measurement, and more details will be updated soon.
Career of Bob
- Bob started his career as Military in the year 1961 when his name was enlisted in the United States Air Force and was put into service as a medical records technician.
- Later, he rose to the rank of master sergeant and served as the first sergeant of the U.S. Air Force Clinic at Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska.
- After that, he developed his quick-painting technique to create art for sale during brief daily work breaks.
- Then, he developed a taste for painting after attending an art class at the Anchorage U.S.O. club.
- He became very interested in abstract painting.
- He also worked as a part-time bartender when he discovered a TV show called “The Magic of Oil Painting”, hosted by German painter Bill Alexander.
- Later, he started selling Alaskan landscapes painted on the inside of novelty gold pans and began making money. He also sold his line of art supplies and how-to books, and marketing painting classes taught by instructors trained in the “Bob Ross method”.
- He was well known for the catchphrases he used while painting such as “happy little trees”.
- In most episodes of “The Joy of Painting”, Ross would note that one of his favorite parts of painting was cleaning the brush.
- He was also fond of country music and was invited by Hank Snow in the year 1987 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee.
- He did several MTV promotional spots that, according to the American City Business Journals, “dovetailed perfectly with Generation X’s burgeoning obsession with all things ironic and retro” in 1990.
Affairs of Bob
Bob is a married man. Firstly he married Vivian Ridge his wife who is also a talented painter. With her, he had one son named Steven Ross. Later, their marriage turned into a divorce in the year 1977.
Then, he married Jane, his second wife. With her, he had no child. In the year 1992, she died from cancer.
After that, he married Lynda Brown. Her marital relationship and other details with Lyda has not revealed fully. He is very secretive about this privacy. His family can be found in the 2011 PBS documentary Bob Ross: The Happy Painter. His company, Bob Ross Inc., is protective of his intellectual property and his privacy to this day. The family is living a happy life together and there is no any sign of separation between them.
Net worth of Bob
The net worth of this famous Painting instructor, Bob had earned a huge amount from the different source. He is earning a good amount of money from his work. His net worth was calculated to be between $1.4 million to $6 million, or even more as of 2018. He was also the owner of $15 million business, Bob Ross Inc. He is satisfied with his earning.
Did You Know?
- In November 2017, a spoof of Bob Ross and his TV show, The Joy of Painting, was used as the basis of a teaser trailer for the movie Deadpool 2.
- In 2017, a board game titled Bob Ross: The Art of Chill was released and carried by Target Stores.
- Google celebrated the 70th anniversary of his birth with a Google Doodle on October 29, 2012.