Quick Facts Of Bryan Cranston
Celebrated Name Bryan Cranston Age 63 Years Nick Name Cranston Birth Name Bryan Lee Cranston Birth Date 1956-03-07 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation USA Nationality American Place Of Birth Hollywood, California Father Joseph Louis (Died in 2014) Mother Audrey Peggy Siblings 2 Brothers Kyle Cranston Sisters Amy Cranston Horoscope Pisces Religion Unknown High School Canoga Park High School College / University Los Angeles Valley College Marital Status Married Wife Mickey Middleton (Ex) divorced in April 1982 Spouse Robin Dearden (Present Wife) Married Date 8th July 1989 (Robin Dearden) and November 1977 (Mickey Middleton) Children Taylor Dearden (Daughter) Sexual Orientation Straight Net Worth $30 Million Salary Will Update Soon Height 5 ft 10.5 in Weight 76 Kg Chest Size 40 in Arms/Biceps 14 in or 35½ cm Waist Size 34 in or 86 cm Hair Color Dark Brown Eye Color Green Shoe Size 10.5 US Dress Size Unknown Famous For For playing Hal in Malcolm, Walter White in Breaking Bad, in Saving Private Ryan, Drive and Godzilla Awards Won Laurence Olivier Award, Primetime Emmy Award and more Body Build/Type Average Endorsment TV commercial for Excedrin (1996), Honda Accord (2000), Esurance Source of Wealth Acting Career
Bryan Cranston is an American actor and director whose role as Walter White on the AMC series, “Breaking Bad” is regarded as one of the best performances in television history. Cranston also rose to popularity for his role as Hal on the Fox sitcom “Malcolm in the Middle” and Dr. Tim Whatley on the NBC sitcom “Seinfeld”.
Cranston even has won four Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series also several times nominations. He has also appeared in several acclaimed films, “Saving Private Ryan”, “Little Miss Sunshine”, “Drive”, “Argo”, and “Godzilla”.
What is Bryan Cranston Famous for?
- Famous for his role as Walter White on the AMC series, “Breaking Bad”.
When and Where was Bryan Cranston Born?
Bryan Cranston was born on March 7, 1956, in Hollywood, California, United States. His birth name is Bryan Lee Cranston. His nationality is American. Cranston belongs to mixed(Austrian, German, Irish) ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Cranston is the son of Joseph Louis Cranston(father) and Annalisa(mother). His father was Austrian-Jewish, German, and Irish descent actor and former amateur boxer while his mother was a radio actress. Bryan was raised in Canoga Park, California along with his elder brother named Kyle and younger sister, Amy.
However, his father walked out of the family when Cranston was 11 years old, because of financial condition and didn’t meet until Bryan and Kyle tracked him after 11 years. Eventually, his family lost their home in a foreclosure and Bryan and his siblings were partly raised by their grandparents.
Bryan Cranston attended the Canoga Park High School after then he graduated from Los Angeles Valley College with an associate’s degree in police science. During his college days, he found theater and acting to be his future after he selected acting as one of his elective subjects.
After graduating in 1976, he decided to pursue his acting career. However, Cranston wanted to become a police officer when he was a child.
When Did Bryan Cranston Start His Professional Career?
- Cranston started his professional career after he appeared in Granada Theater, in San Fernando Valley, California.
- In 1983, Cranston appeared in ABC TV series, “Loving” as Douglas Donovan for two years.
- Cranston then played the role of Russell in the CBS series, “Raising Miranda” in 1988.
- Cranston also lent his voice in the adapted movie, “Macross Plus”, series, “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” and “Batman: Year One”.
- In 1994, Cranston got his breakthrough recurring role of Dr. Tim Whatley on NBC sitcom, “Seinfeld”.
- In 1996, Cranston played the biographical role as Gus Grissom in the film, “That Thing You Do!”.
- He then played the supporting role in the air hijack picture, “Strategic Command” and in the series, “Babylon 5” in 1997.
- In 1998, Cranston played the role of an astronaut Buzz Aldrin in the HBO mini-series, “From the Earth to the Moon”.
- He played the role of an American colonel in the highly acclaimed Steven Spielberg movie, “Saving Private Ryan” in 1998.
- In 1999, Cranston wrote and directed the film, “Last Chance”.
- He also appeared as Tim Sacksky on the CBS sitcom, “The King of Queens”.
- In 2000, Cranston got his leading role as Hal on the Fox comedy series, “Malcolm in the Middle”.
- Cranston got his major milestone role as Walter White in the AMC crime drama, “Breaking Bad” in 2008 for which he won four Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
- In 2011, Cranston played the supporting roles in three successful films, “The Lincoln Lawyer”, “Drive” and “Contagion”.
- In 2013, Cranston played U.S. president, Lyndon B. Johnson in the American Repertory Theater and Broadway productions of “All the Way”.
- Cranston also appeared in the films, “Godzilla”(2014), “Total Recall”(2012), “John Carter, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted”(2012), “Rock of Ages”(2012) and “Argo”(2012).
- Cranston produced an instructional DVD, “KidSmartz”.
- In 2015, Cranston starred as Dalton Trumbo in the biopic, “Trumbo”.
- In 2016, Cranston voiced Li, the biological father of Po, in “Kung Fu Panda 3”.
- In 2017, Cranston starred in a stage adaptation of the 1976 film, “Network”.
- Cranston also acted in the movie, “The Upside”, “Isle of Dogs”.
- Cranston appeared in season 9 of HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and will appear as a guest star in season 10 of NBC’s, “Will & Grace”.
Who is Bryan Cranston Married?
Bryan Cranston has been married twice throughout his entire life to date. Cranston first got married to Mickey Middleton, a writer. The couple got married on November 10, 1977, but couldn’t continue their marriage life and divorced in 1982.
After then Cranston met the beautiful lady, Robin Dearden on the set of the series, “Airwolf” in 1984. They started dating and after five years they got married on July 8, 1989. The couple together shares a daughter named Taylor Dearden Cranston. His daughter, Taylor played an extra in the “Breaking Bad” episode “No Más” and also in Sweet/Vicious.
Is Bryan Cranston A Millionaire?
Bryan Cranston has a well earning through his career as an actor and producer. Considering all the hard works and time that Cranston has put on his career, he has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his several movies and TV shows. Cranston enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be $30 million.
Cranston also earns an annual salary of $150 thousand per series. With the fortune in million dollars, Karl has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Bryan Cranston?
Bryan Cranston has a well-maintained body physique. Being an actor, Cranston seems to be more concerned about his fitness and health. Cranston stands tall with a height of 5ft. 11inch.(1.80m) while his body weighs around 85kg(187 lbs).
He has a body measurement of 40-34-16 inches with Chest as 40 inches, Waist as 34 inches and Biceps as 16 inches. Cranston is a handsome guy with fair complexion and blue eyes and dark brown hair.
Did You Know?
- Cranston is an avid fan of the Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Previously, Cranston was ordained as a minister by the Universal Life Church.
- Cranston also worked as a waiter, night-shift security guard, truck loader, camera operator, and CCTV security guard at a supermarket.
- Cranston starred as Dalton Trumbo in the biopic, “Trumbo”.
- Cranston has won four Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series with three awards consecutive.