Quick Facts Of Caster Semenya
Celebrated Name Caster Semenya Age 28 Years Nick Name Faster Birth Name Mokgadi Caster Semenya Birth Date 1991-01-07 Gender Female Profession Distance Runner Birth Nation South Africa Place Of Birth Ga-Masehlong Nationality South African Ethnicity Black Horoscope Capricorn School Nthema Secondary School University University of North West Marital Status Married Wife Violet Ledile Raseboya Father Jacob Semenya Mother Dorcus Semenya Siblings Four Body Build/Type Athletic Height 5 feet 10 inches Weight 70 kg Hair Color Black Eye Color Dark Brown Face Color Black Net Worth $14 million Source of Wealth Running Career Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Mokgadi Caster Semenya AKA Caster Semenya is well known as a 2016 Olympic gold medalist. She is a South African middle-distance runner and has earned a gold medal the women’s 800 meters at the 2009 World Championships. She has also won the hearts of people from her incredible achievements in the 800 meters during the 2011 World Championships, 2016 Summer Olympics and 2012 Summer Olympics. According to Caster Semenya wiki, she was born on born 7 January 1991 which makes Caster Semenya age be 28 as of now. Let’s explore in detail about the athlete biography in detail below.
What is Caster Semenya known for?
- The 2016 Olympic gold medalist.
- Ranked among the fastest women in the world.
Where is Caster Semenya born?
Back to her early life, Semenya was born in Ga-Masehlong (formerly named as Pietersburg) to the parents named Dorcus Semenya (mother) and Jacob Semenya (father). She spent her childhood age in Fairlie, a small village located in northern Limpopo province. The athlete is blessed with sour other siblings including three sisters and a brother.
Talking about her education, the Olympic medalist attended Nthema Secondary School. According to the information provided by Wikipedia, Caster Semenya is currently attending the University of North West studying sports science as her subject. She was keen on soccer and therefore started running but her fate has something special for her to rule the running sports.
Further, She is South African by nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. Her birth sign is Capricorn and birth name is Mokgadi Caster Semenya.
When did Caster Semenya pursue her running career?
- Caster Semenya won a gold medal in the 800 m during the 2008 World Junior Championships. The same year, she earned a gold medal during Commonwealth Youth Games finishing at 2:04.23.
- In 2009, she won both 800m and 1500m races during African Junior Championships finishing at 1:56.72 and 4:08.01 respectively. Within a year, she improved her own record and she was the leading racer of 800m at that time. During the 2009’s World Championships, she won a gold medal completing 800 meters at the record of 1:55.45 in the final.
- Her quick improvement and amazing dramatic breakthroughs made questions arising about Caster Semenya gender. Because of her rapid athletic progression, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) asked to take a sex verification test of the South African athlete in order to confirm that she is a female.
- Caster Semenya gender test result was never revealed officially and the test was criticized by all the stakeholders. Many of the renowned public figures like Michael Johnson stand in favor of her. Many journalists, political leaders, commentators, and activists described the test as racist that was against the Semenya’s privacy and human rights.
- The athlete was awarded the title “African Sportswoman of the Year Award ” in Sun City during the SA Sports Awards. During the South African National Championships, Semenya turned out to be the first runner to win Semenya became the first person to win all three of the 400m, 800m, and 1500m titles on 16 April 2016.
- Semenya won the bronze medal in the 1500 meters at the 2017 World Championships held in London. She also won the gold medal in the women’s 800m event.
- On 19 June 2018, Semenya announced that she would legally challenge the “unfair” IAAF rules, and her legal hearing began on 18 February 2019. On 1 May 2019, the Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected her challenge, paving the way for the new rules to come into effect on 8 May 2019.
Is Caster Semenya Married?
The international award-winning athlete is married to her long-term partner Violet Ledile Raseboya. Raseboya is a cross-country runner in South Africa. According to Semenya, they had met in a restroom way back in 2007.
They dated for a long while and with support from their parents, they got married traditionally in December 2015 in Ga-Dikgale in the Capricorn District of Limpopo. They eventually celebrated their white wedding in January 2017 with a lavish ceremony held at Chez Charlene Wedding Venue in Pretoria.
How much is Caster Semenya net worth?
Discussing her financial facts, let’s talk about Caster Semenya net worth and salary details. The Olympic gold medalist has earned a massive remuneration and money along with prestigious international titles and awards. According to some online sources, his estimated net worth somewhere around $14 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How tall is Caster Semenya?
Observing her body statistics, Caster has an athletic body build with a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 70 kg. Similarly, She has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Her other body information yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Won 3 gold medals in the 800 m, 1500 m and 4×400 m relay at the 2016 African Championships.
- In 2010 the British magazine New Statesman included him in the list of “50 People That Matter 2010”.