Quick Facts Of Celso Pina
Celebrated Name Celso Pina Age 66 Years Nick Name Pina Birth Name Celso Pina Birth Date 1953-04-06 Gender Male Profession Singer Birth Nation Mexico Nationality Mexican Place Of Birth Monterrey Ethnicity White Siblings Eduardo, Ruben and Enrique Religion Christian Parents Will Add Soon Education Will Add Soon Height 5 ft 11 i Weight Will Add Soon Shoe Size 8 Dress Size 4 Hair Color Brown Eye Color Hazel Net Worth $9 Million Salary Will Add Soon Marital Status Unknown Children Unknown
A Mexican singer, composer, arranger, and accordionist, mainly in the genre of Cumbia, being one of the most important musicians in the style of “Cumbia rebajada” was named for Celso Pina. He is also known as El Rebelde del acordeon or the Cacique de la Campana. He was a very talented singer.
Celso Pina, Known as ‘Rebel of the Accordion,’ Dies at 66
Celso Pina, the cumbia music legend known as “the rebel of the accordion,” died of a heart attack on Wednesday in his hometown of Monterrey, Mexico. He was 66 years old. “Today is a sad day for La Tuna Group, with deep pain we communicate the unexpected departure of a family member, our friend, and professor Celso Pina who died today in Monterrey at 12:38 p.m. due to a heart attack,” Pina’s music label, La Tuna Group said in an announcement via social media. “Our deepest condolences to his family, friends, and followers. We are left with an intense emptiness, but he leaves us his great legacy forever. We appreciate respecting the privacy of the family.” He is known for his fusion of cumbia with other genres like ska, hip-hop, reggae and R&B, Pina earned a Latin Grammy nomination for his album “Barrio Bravo.” The composer, singer, arranger, and musician collaborated with a number of artists including Lila Downs, Julieta Venegas, Cafe Tacvba, and Gloria Trevi who contributed on the popular song “Sufran con lo que yo gozo.” His other popular songs include “La Piragua,” “Reina de Cumbia,” and “Cumbia Sobre el Rio.”
Cause of Death of Pina
On 21st August 2019, Pina died from a heart attack in Monterrey, Mexico at the age of 66. News of his death was confirmed on Celso’s official social media pages with the following message: “Today is a sad day for La Tuna Group, with deep pain we communicate the unexpected departure of a family member, our friend, and professor Celso Pina who died today in Monterrey at 12:38 p.m. due to a heart attack. Our deepest condolences to his family, friends, and followers. We are left with an intense emptiness, but he leaves us his great legacy forever. We appreciate respecting the privacy of the family.”
Early Life of Pina
On 6th April 1953, Pina was born in Monterrey, Mexico. His nationality is Mexican and his ethnicity is White. He also has three brothers named Eduardo, Ruben and Enrique. His religion is Christian. There is no further information regarding his parents, education and more but it will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Pina
Pina was a very handsome singer with a very charming smile on his lips. He has a tall height of 5 ft 11 in. His exact weight has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. His eye color is Hazel and his hair color is Brown. His dress size is 4 and his shoe size 8.
Career of Pina
- Pina was a pioneer in the mixture and fusion of tropical sounds with many of his works having elements of cumbia, regional mexicano, cumbia sonidera, ska, reggae, rap/hip-hop, R&B, and more.
- started playing music in his hometown with his brothers Eduardo, Ruben and Enrique.
- Together they would go to several homes and perform for local citizens, especially teenage girls from their neighborhood.
- He bought his first accordion and was introduced to the world of musica nortena in 1980.
- He spent numerous hours of practice and work in the popular district of La Colonia Independencia, south of the city of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- He titled one of his songs Mi colonia Independencia, which is located at the heavily populated area of Cerro de la Campana, near of the downtown in Monterrey.
- His group decided to change their musical rhythm to encompass a more tropical style during the mid-1980s after having seen Anibal Velasquez and Alfredo Gutierrez in concert at “Baile de las Cintas (reproduccion de musica mediante cintas)”.
- The group decided to switch into the genre of cumbia, and became what today is Celso Pina y su Ronda Bogota.
- He taught himself how to play the accordion with no formal training.
- His most popular songs include, La quebradita de la paz, El tren, Como el viento and La piragua by Jose Barros.
- He was featured in the song Sufran con lo que yo gozo along with Mexican singer Gloria Trevi.
- He had several successful international tours that included countries like Germany, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Switzerland, Morocco, Colombia, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Argentina, Chile, Canada, and the United States.
Net Worth of Pina
The net worth of this famous singer is estimated to have $9 Million at the time of his death but his exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon once we get information regarding this.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
Pina may be married or unmarried or maybe in a relationship. As there are no rumors about his dating with any lady, he was assumed to be single at the time of his death. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not a gay.