Quick Facts Of Charlie Puth
Celebrated Name Charlie Puth Age 28 Years Nick Name Charlie Puth Birth Name Charlie Puth Birth Date 1991-12-02 Gender Male Profession Singer Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Rumson, New Jersey Nationality American Best Known For His hit songs, “See You Again”, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” Ethnicity German, Hungarian and Ashkenazi Jewish Horoscope Sagittarius Father Charles Otto Puth Sr. Mother Debra Puth Brothers Stephen Sisters Mikaela School Holy Cross School and Forrestdale Middles School High School Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High school University Berklee College of Music Education Majoring music production and engineering Marital Status Unmarried Girlfriend Charlotte Lawrence Net Worth $10 million USD Body Build/Type Average Height 5ft. 9inch.(1.8 m) Weight 70kg(154 lbs) Shoe Size 11(US) Hair Color Brown Eye Color Hazel Career Start 2009
Charlie Puth is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Puth came up to the exposure through his viral song videos uploaded on YouTube. Beside, Puth came into more prominence after the release of the hit song, “See You Again” along with Wiz Khalifa in 2015. On August 21, 2019, Puth released the lead single from his new album, “I Warned Myself”. Puth is about to release to his upcoming song, “Mother” in September 2019.
What is Charlie Puth Famous for?
- Charlie Puth is famous as the singer mostly for his hit songs, “See You Again”, “We Don’t Talk Anymore”, “Attention” and many others.
When and Where was Charlie Puth Born?
Charlie Puth was born on December 2, 1991, in Rumson, New Jersey, United States. His birth name is Charlie Otto Puth Jr. His nationality is American. Puth belongs to mixed ethnicity of German, Hungarian and Ashkenazi Jewish while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
Charlie Puth was born to Charles Otto Puth Sr.(father) and Debra Puth(mother). His father is a real estate agent while his mother is a music teacher.
Charlie has raised along with his twin siblings a brother, Stephen and a sister Mikaela.
When Charlie was just two-year-old, his right eyebrow was permanently scarred in a nearly fatal dog-bite accident. Puth was introduced to classical music by his mother, and he started learning piano at an early age of 4.
At the age of 10, he started learning jazz and participated in a youth jazz ensemble at Count Basie Theatre’s Cool School where he was hired in a Charlie Brown production in Red Bank, New Jersey at 12.
Charlie Puth attended Holy Cross School and Forrestdale Middles School. He did his high schooling at Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High school in 2010. While Puth was in grade six, he recorded and produced a Christmas album, “Have Merry Charlie Christmas” for which he had his first earning of $600.
He then joined Manhattan School of Music Pre-College to study jazz piano and classical studies. Puth graduated from the Berklee College of Music, majoring in music production and engineering in 2013.
How Charlie Puth Started his Professional Career as a Singer?
- Charlie Puth started his career in music after he created his own YouTube channel, “Charles Vlogs” where he posted comedy videos and acoustic covers in September 2009.
- Puth released his first music video song, “These Are My Sexy Shades” in 2010.
- Eventually, he released an EP independently, “The Otto Tunes” and he also won the competition called, “Can You Sing?” in 2011.
- Puth was even signed by the Ellen DeGeneres to her label, eleveneleven after she found him and Emily Luther sing Adele’s “Someone Like You”.
- Puth got an opportunity to perform on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on January 2012 and with that opportunity he rose up to the success and popularity.
- Puth along with Luther released a promotional single, “Break Again” in December 2012.
- Just after then, Puth released his second independent EP, “Ego” in October 23, 2013.
- In 2014, Puth released his promotional single, “L.U.V” and in the same year, he co-wrote the song, “Celebrate” on Pitbull’s 8th studio album, “Globalization”.
- In 2015, Puth signed with the Atlantic and released his debut single, “Marvin Gaye” alongside Meghan Trainor in February.
- Puth wrote, co-produced and collaborated with Wiz Khalifa and released the hit song, “See You Again”, a tribute to late Paul Walker in 2015.
- The song remained the hit song ever peaking at number 1 on the Hot 100 chart for 12 non-consecutive weeks.
- Puth then produced the song, “Slow Motion” for Trey Songz and has worked with Jason Derulo and Lil Wayne.
- Puth’s third EP, “Some Type of Love” was dropped in May 2015 while it was released by the Atlantic and Artist Partner Group
- Puth released his debut studio album, “Nine Track Mind” in January 2016 which gave the hit singles including, “One Call Away”, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” and “Marvin Gaye”.
- The official video, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” alongside Selena Gomez became one of his most-watched videos worldwide with 2.28 billion viewers.
- Puth also served as an advisor and mentor on season 11 of NBC’s “The Voice” and also appeared on TV series, “Undateable” in 2016.
- He was featured in a 2017 episode of “Drop the Mic” alongside Backstreet Boys.
- Puth released his second full-length project, “Voicenotes” in May 2018 that charted at #4 on the Billboard 200 and #4 on the UK Albums chart. The album included five singles including, “Attention”, “How Long” and “Done for Me” featuring Kehlani.
- On August 13, 2019, “5 Seconds of Summer”‘s remix version song “Easier” with Puth was released.
- Puth released a new single named, “I Warned Myself” on August 21, 2019.
- Charlie Puth has also been on panel seat of the NBC’s Songland alongside other several stars like Meghan Trainor, Jonas Brothers, and many other stars.
- On September 4, 2019, Puth released his new song, “Mother”‘s a teaser and the song is about to get released on September 12, 2019.
Who is Charlie Puth Dating: Personal Life?
The singer, Charlie Puth is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend Charlotte Lawrence. Puth confirmed his relationship on social media sharing a blurry black-and-white photo of the pair with caption “Happy Valentine’s Day” on February 2019.
Lawrence is an 18-year-old upcoming popular singer-songwriter. Her father, Bill Lawrence created the iconic NBC show, “scrubs”.
Puth also had dated Halson Stage. They started dating in September 2018 but broke up soon after. Puth also had been in a relationship with Bella Thorne. Charlie Puth is rumored to have dated actress Hailee Steinfield, singer Meghan Trainor, Selena Gomez, and model Pritika Swarup though none of these has been confirmed yet.
Charlie Puth is quite active in social media as he has 12.4 million followers on Instagram, 2.83million on Twitter, more than 15 million subscribers on Youtube and 6 million followers on Facebook.
How much is Charlie Puth’s Worth?
The 27 aged singer, Charlie Puth has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars. With all the hard work and time that Puth has given in this field, he has been able to earn a tremendous amount of money as a pop singer, songwriter and record producer.
Puth has an annual income/salary of $9 million as of 2019.
Puth makes most of his fortune through his professional career as well as through endorsement deals and his youtube channel. In addition, his YouTube channel “Charlie Puth” has all over 15 million subscribers and billions of viewers in his music videos.
How tall is Charlie Puth?
The singer, Charlie Puth has a well-maintained body physique. Puth stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch.(1.8 m). His body weighs around 70kg. Talking about his outer looks, Puth has a fair complexion with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a shoe size of 11(US). Further, Puth has his right eyebrows permanently scarred.
Did You Know?
- Charlie Puth has his right eyebrow permanently scarred.
- Puth started learning piano at an early age of 4.