Quick Facts Of Conleth Hill
Celebrated Name Conleth Hill Age 55 Years Nick Name Conleth Hill Birth Name Conleth Seamus Eoin Croiston Hill Birth Date 1964-11-24 Gender Male Profession Actor Place Of Birth Ballycastle, County Antrim, Northern Ireland Nationality British Ethnicity Northern Irish Height 5 feet 9 inches Weight 86 Kg Horoscope Sagittarius Eye Color Brown Hair Color Salt and Pepper Net Worth $ 2 Million Father Patsy Hill Sexual Orientation Straight Mother Unknown Siblings Three Source of Wealth Film and TV industry Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter
Conleth Hill is an actor from Northern Ireland. He has performed on stage in productions in the United Kingdom and the United States. He is best known for his role as Varys in the HBO series Game of Thrones. He has won two Laurence Olivier Awards and received two Tony Award nominations. Today, let’s explore the facts related to Conleth Hill wiki, bio, career, and net worth.
What is Conleth Hill known for?
- An Irish actor and filmmaker.
- His role as Varys in the HBO series named Game of Throne.
Where is Conleth Hill born?
Back to his early life, Conleth Hill was born as Conleth Seamus Eoin Croston Hill in Ballycastle, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. His nationality is British and ethnicity is Northern Irish.
His father’s name is Patsy Hill and mother’s name is unknown. He is a younger brother of two brothers and one sister, his older brother is a cameraman and his sister is a producer as his younger brother, Ronan Hill who has won three Emmy Award for his sound mixing on Game of Throne and also his siblings are also in the entertainment business.
For education, Conleth Hill attended St MacNissi’s College and later studied acting at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 1988 where he has maintained a full head of hair when he is on hiatus from Game of Throne.
When did Conleth Hill pursue his career in the Film and TV industry?
- Conleth Hill’s debut Broadway performance was in the Canadian production of the play ‘Stones in His Pockets’, a Marie Jones production, for which he won a ‘Dora Mavor Moore’ award. Following this, he went on to perform in various television shows. He first appeared in the series ‘Boon’ in 1988 and then in the same year he appeared in ‘Casualty’.
- After playing small roles in a couple of productions, Hill appeared in ‘Blue Heaven’ as ‘Roache’. He played this character in seven episodes between 1992 and 1994. In 2002, he played the role of German professor ‘Max Staefel’ in the television adaptation of ‘Goodbye Mr. Chips’. In 2007, he appeared in six episodes as ‘Jared’ on the show ‘The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle’.
- His biggest break on television came in 2011 when he was picked for the role of ‘Lord Varys’, a very mysterious and intimidating character, in the HBO television drama series ‘Game of Thrones’, based on the novel series ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ by George R. R. Martin. In the very first season, his performance drew much attention and the popularity of the show also helped him gain a larger fan base among the audience.
- He reprised his role in the subsequent seasons of the show and his character grew stronger and stranger as the show progressed. In the coming seasons of the show, Hill’s character of ‘Lord Varys’ appeared to be gaining more significance in the way the twists and turns were developing in the storyline. As the series is closing towards an end, his character can be seen playing even more crucial roles.
- Simultaneously with appearing in ‘Game of Thrones’ between 2011 and 2017, he also played some important roles in other television shows like ‘Edward Darby’ in ‘Suits’, ‘Sergeant Upton’ in ‘Arthur & George’, and ‘Elsie’ in ‘Peter Kay’s Car Share’.
- In movies, Conleth Hill has had minor roles in Whole Lotta Sole (2012), Serena (2014), Official Secrets (2019), Here Are the Young Men, etc. He has also been active in radio programs since 2000. But most of all, Hill has acted in stage productions.
- Hill’s film career has not been as glorious as his television or stage career, although he has appeared in quite a few films like ‘Perrier’s Bounty’, ‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’, ‘The Shore’ and ‘A Patch of Fog’ after he made his debut in ‘Whatever Works´ as ‘Brockman.’
Does Conleth Hill win the awards?
- Conleth Hill has won 2001’s Olivier Awards – Best Actor and has been nominated for 2001, 2008’s Tony – Actor, 2008’s Olivier Awards – Best Performance in a Supporting Role.
- Along with Game of Thrones, he has been nominated for 2011’s, 2014’s 2016’s, 2017’s Screen Actors Guild Awards – Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
Is Conleth Hill married, person?
Surprised to know but yes, Hill has not married yet to any woman. It’s tough for his fans to believe that he has no records of dating or being in a relationship so far. Everyone is such a skeptic of Hill having a wife or girlfriend. Perhaps, he is too more content within himself, or he has not found anyone who can be his soul mate for his life.
The Game of Thrones star even confirmed that he was not married during his interview with BuzzFeed in September 2015. According to him, when he did Conan O’Brien, the researcher asked him whether or not his first wife inspired his acting career. However, Conleth, who has never been married, became astonished towards the question and affirmed that the information about him having a wife was a misconception.
Since he has not dated anyone so far in the past and the present, and because he is still single, there are rumors of Hill being gay. Conleth Hill is also questioned for his sexual preferences. However, there is no info regarding Hill being gay, and yes hill is still single
How much is Conleth Hill net worth?
Conleth Hill has the net worth of $2 million from his career as an Irish actor and filmmaker. As per Box Office Mojo, his 2011 movie ‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’ grossed the box office of $34.5 million in the production budget of $14.4 million. Since 1998, he is active in the entertainment industry and has landed a role in more than three dozens of TV series and films.
How tall is Conleth Hill?
Observing his body statistics, Conleth Hill has a height is 5 feet 9 inches tall, his weight is 86kg i.e 189 pound. His eyes color is brown. His hair color is salt and pepper. His other body information is yet to be revealed.
Did You Know?
- He was awarded the Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 2001 (2000 season) for Best Actor for his performance in “Stones in His Pockets” at the New Ambassadors and York’s Theatre.
- In 2005 he was honoured with his second Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Performance in a supporting role in a musical for his role in “The Producers”.
- Brother of Emmy-winning sound engineer Ronan Hill.