Quick Facts Of Cynthia Nixon
Celebrated Name Cynthia Nixon Age 53 Years Nick Name Nixon Birth Name Cynthia Ellen Nixon Birth Date 1966-04-09 Gender Female Profession Actress Birth Nation USA Nationality American Place Of Birth New York City High School Hunter College High School College / University Barnard College Father Walter E. Nixon Jr. Mother Anne Elizabeth Horoscope Aries Height 5 ft 7 in Weight 56 Kg Eye Color Green Hair Color Blonde Best Known For Playing the role of Miranda Hobbes in the HBO series “Sex and the City” from 1998 to 2004 Awards Won 2004 Primetime Emmy Award Debut Movie Little Darlings in 1980 Sexual Orientation Bisexual Marital Status Married Partner Christine Marinoni Children Max Ellington (2011) Net Worth $60 Million
American actress, activist, and politician is Cynthia Ellen Nixon. Cynthia Ellen Nixon is simply named as Cynthia Nixon. She won the 2004 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes in the HBO series “Sex and the City”. She reprised the role in the films Sex and the City (2008) and Sex and the City 2 (2010). She made her Broadway debut in the 1980 revival of “The Philadelphia Story”.
Gossips and Rumors
- Government Andrew Cuomo Easily Defeats Cynthia Nixon in New York Primary.
Best Known For:
- Playing the role of Miranda Hobbes in the HBO series “Sex and the City” from 1998 to 2004.
- Being cast as Emily Dickinson in the biographical movie “A Quiet Passion” in 2016.
- Her socio-political activities.
Early Life of Nixon
Nixon was born on 9th April 1966. Currently, she is 52. She was born in New York City, the U.S. Her nationality is American. She completed her educated form Hunter College High School and later graduated from Barnard College. Her father name is Walter E. Nixon Jr. and her mother name is Anne Elizabeth. Nixon’s parents divorced when she was six years old. In the spring of 1986, she studied abroad with Semester at Sea. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
Body features of Nixon
Nixon has got a hot and sexy figure. She stands 5 ft 7 in and has a balanced weight of 56 Kg. Her eye color is Green and her hair color is Blonde.
Career of Nixon
- Nixon started her career by appearing as an imposter on “To Tell the Truth”.
- She made her feature debut co-starring in “Little Darlings” (1980).
- Later she made her Broadway debut in 1980 revival of “The Philadelphia Story”.
- She appeared in the movies “Prince of the City” (1981) and “I Am the Cheese” (1983), “The Real Thing”, “Amadeus” & “Hurlyburly” (1984), “Lemon Sky” (1985), “The Manhattan Project” (1986), “Kingdom on Earth” (1996), “June Moon” & “As Bees in Honey Drown” (both 1997), “Hope is the Thing with Feathers” (1998), and “The Country Club” (1999),
- In the year 1988, she Nixon portrayed Juliet in New York Shakespeare Festival production of Romeo and Juliet.
- She was also the guest star in the second episode of the long-running NBC television series “Law & Order” in the year 1989.
- She played the role of an agoraphobic woman in a February 1993 episode of Murder, She Wrote, titled “Threshold of Fear”.
- She received a Tony nomination for her performance in Indiscretions (Les Parents Terribles) (1996).
- She had supporting roles in “Addams Family Values” (1993), “Baby’s Day Out” (1994), “Marvin’s Room” (1996), and “The Out-of-Towners” (1999).
- She rose her fame on HBO’s successful comedy “Sex and the City” (1998-2004), as the lawyer Miranda Hobbes and received three Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (2002, 2003, 2004), winning the award in 2004, for the show’s final season.
- In December 2005, she appeared in the Fox TV series House in the episode “Deception”.
- In the year 2006, she appeared in “Rabbit Hole” and won the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
- In the year 2008, she revived her role as Miranda Hobbes in the “Sex and the City”.
- In the year 2008, she won an Emmy for her guest appearance in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- In March 2010, Nixon received the Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards.
- Nixon received a Tony Award nomination for Best Actress in a Play for the performance in the year 2012.
- In the year 2015, she played in “Stockholm”, “Pennsylvania and James White”.
- Nixon played the leading role in the biographical film “A Quiet Passion” in the year 2016.
- She alternated the roles of Regina and Birdie with Laura Linney, winning her second Tony Award for her performance as Birdie in “The Little Foxes”.
- On 23rd May 2018, Nixon and other potential Democratic challengers to Cuomo were eliminated from the Democratic party endorsement at the state Democratic Convention after failing to meet the 25% state delegate threshold needed to appear on the ballot.
- The primary is to be held on 13th September and Nixon is on the ballot.
Affairs of Nixon
Nixon is a married woman. She is married to Christine Marinoni in the year 2012. The couple is blessed with a single son named Max Ellington in 2011. Her sexual orientation is Bisexual.
Previously, she was married by Danny Mozes and the couple gave birth to two children named Samantha and Charles Ezekiel and the couple then got separated in the year 2003.
Net worth of Nixon
The net worth of this famous actress is $60 Million as of 2018.