Quick Facts Of David Ortiz
Celebrated Name David Ortiz Age 44 Years Nick Name David Ortiz Birth Name David Ortiz Birth Date 1975-11-18 Gender Male Profession Attorney
David Ortiz is an American-Dominican former baseball player who used to play in Major League Baseball(MLB) as a designated hitter(DH). He also played for the baseball team “Minnesota Twins”. He is the first baseman who played 20 seasons with Boston Red Box. He is also known as ‘Big Papi’.
What is David Ortiz famous for?
-Famous as Former baseball player having won three times the title of “World Series Championship”.
When was David Ortiz born?
David Ortiz was born on 18th November 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. His birth name is David Américo Ortiz Arias. Dominican-American is his nationality. His ethnicity is black. Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
He was born to Americo Enrique Ortiz(father) and Angela Rosa Aries(mother). He is the oldest child of her parents among four children. He has two brothers and one sister, Albania Ortiz.
He was raised in his hometown, Santo Domingo along with his siblings. He did his schooling from Estudia Espaillat High School. He started to play baseball and basketball during high school. He used to follow the careers of the standout pitcher, Ramon Martinez.
On June 11, 2008, Ortiz became a United States citizen at John F.Kennedy Library in Boston.
How is David Ortiz’s career?
– David Ortiz started his professional baseball career on 18th November 1992 with his debut for the club “Seattle Mariners” in 1994 in Arizona League.
– After four years in the club, he then moved to “Minnesota Twins” in 1996. In 1997, he made his debut for Minnesota Twins in the Major League. He stayed in the club until 2002.
– At the start of 2002, he lost his mother and he went through mental and physical disturbance that he could not play the whole season for the club.
However, he hit a memorable home run off his friend, Pedro.
– He then signed a contract with the “Boston Red Sox” in 2003. He became a permanent DH for the club. He hit his 100th career home run against the Angels in the same year.
– He led the American League in RBIs and finished second in home runs. He was called ‘the greatest clutch-hitter in the history of the Boston Red Sox’ by Red Sox Ownership.
– In the year 2006, he hit his 200th career home run and broke Jimmie Foxx’s record by hitting a 51st home run off Johan Santana of the Twins.
– He won the Homerun Derby contest at the all-star game in 2010. He became the 5th player to hit 300 home runs as a member of the Red Sox in 2011.
– In 2012, he hit his 400th career home run and suffered from an injury. In 2013, he hit his 500th career double and passed Harold Baines to become the all-time leader for hits by a DH with 1689.
– He then signed a one-year $16 million contract extension for the 2015 season for the club. On 26th October 2016, Major League Baseball announced that he won his second Hank Aaron Award as the “Outstanding Offensive Player”
in the American League.
– He retired from baseball in 2017.
– He had won three-time “World Series Championship” and he is also a nine-time All-star winner.
Who is David Ortiz married to?
The baseballer, David Ortiz is married to Tiffany Ortiz. The couple first met in Wisconsin when Ortiz was attending the gis Seattle Minor League. They tied a knot on November 16, 2002, and are blessed with three children: D’Angelo, Jessica, and Alexandro Ortiz.
In 2013, the couple decided to have a separation however, the love and care between them brought the couple together in 2014. And they have been living together happily since then.
What is the net worth of David Ortiz?
The baseballer, David Ortiz has an estimated net worth of $22 million USD. He earns a handsome salary from his profession and also from his endorsement “Reebok”.
Ortiz has a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is David Ortiz?
The 48 years aged, David Ortiz stands tall with a height of 6ft 3inch(190cm). He has a body weight of 140kg(228.8 lbs).