Quick Facts Of David Ross
Celebrated Name David Ross Age 42 Years Nick Name David Birth Name David Wade Ross Birth Date 1977-03-19 Gender Male Profession Former Baseball Player Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Bainbridge, Georgia Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Pisces Best Known For Former Baseball Player of MLB Father David Ross Sr. Mother Jackie Ross Siblings 2 Sisters Shannon and Nikki High School Florida High School College / University Aubum University University University of Florida Marital Status Married Spouse Hyla Ross Children 3 Daughter Landri Ross and Harper Lynn Ross Son Cole Rush Residence Tallahassee, Florida Net Worth $11 million Salary $3 million Endorsment The Bryzzo Souvenir Company Source of Wealth Contract deals, salaries and endorsement Body Build/Type Average Height 6ft. 2inch.(1.88m) Weight 104kg(230lbs) Body Measurement 43-32-15 inches Bicep Size 15 inches Hair Color Bald Eye Color Hazel Green Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian
David Ross is a former American professional baseball catcher who played baseball for almost 14 years in Major League Baseball(MLB). Ross has marked his name in the history of baseball with his great performance. Ross has won the World Series twice one with Boson Red(2013) and another with Chicago Cubs(2016).
What is David Ross Famous for?
- Famous as a former baseball player of MLB who played for Chicago Cubs.
Where was David Ross Born?
David Ross was born on March 19, 1977, in Bainbridge, Georgia, United Staes. Ross’s birth name is David Wade Ross. His nationality is American. Ross belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
David Ross was born to a family of professional athletes to David Ross Sr.(father) and Jackie Ross(mother). His father had played in Men’s Softball league while his mother played basketball before. Ross was raised in Tallahassee, Florida though he was born in Georgia. He has two siblings: an older sister, Shannon, and a younger sister, Nikki.
David attended Florida High School where he played high school baseball for the “Florida High School Demons”. Later then he joined Aubum University receiving an athletic scholarship. Ross even played college baseball for the Auburn Tigers baseball team with whom he played the 1997 College World Series.
In 1998, he got transferred to the University of Florida and played for the “Florida Gators Baseball Team” again in the 1998 College World Series. After which he was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers.
David Ross’s Career Highlights
- David Ross kicked off his professional career after he was drafted as the 7th round by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1988.
- On June 29, 2002, Ross made his MLB debut and stroke out as a pinch hitter.
- Ross hit six home runs in his first 27 career at-bats in Dodgers’ history.
- On March 30, 2005, Ross was sold to the Pittsburgh Pirates by the Dodgers.
- Playing 40 games with Pirates, Ross was traded to San Diego Padres on July 28, 2005.
- In 2006, Ross was again traded to the Cincinnati Reds where he signed a two-year contract.
- Ross finished the 2007 season with a .203 batting average and 17 home runs.
- On August 22, 2008, Ross signed a minor-league contract with the Boston Red Sox.
- On August 29, 2008, he came up to the MLB club and became a free agent after the season.
- On December 5, 2008, Ross signed a two-year contract deal with the Atlanta Braves.
- On July 27, 2010, he signed a two-year extension with the Atlanta Braves.
- On November 10, 2012, Ross signed a two-year deal to return to the Boston Red Sox.
- The Boston Red Sox won the “2013 World Series Championship” against St. Louis Cardinals.
- In 2014, Ross played as Jon Lester’s catcher.
- On December 23, 2014, Ross signed a two-year deal with the Chicago Cubs.
- Ross recorded a perfect inning on May 9, 2015, match as a pitcher for the first time in his professional career.
- In the 2016 MLB World Series, Ross hit a home run becoming the oldest player to do in World Series history.
- Ross was named as the special assistant to baseball operations for the 2017 season.
- Soon after, Ross retired he joined the “Kansas Stars”.
- In 2017, Ross finished as runner-up on season 24 of “Dancing with the Stars”.
- Ross has been working with ESPN as a baseball color analyst since January 2017.
Who is David Ross Married to?
David Ross is married to his high school sweetheart, Hyla Ross. Hyla is a licensed pediatric nurse in the ICU and is highly involved in charities. The couple together has three children: two daughters, Landri Ross and Harper Lynn Ross, and a son, Cole Rush.
David and Hyla Ross together have participated in several charities including the Hudson Foundation, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, and the Kevin Faulk Foundation. Currently, David is living a great life with his wife and children in Tallahassee, Florida.
What is Net Worth of David Ross?
The 42 years David Ross has quite a great earning trough his professional career as a former baseball pitcher. Ross has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his several matches and deals. Ross enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be around $11 million and a salary of $3 million as a former player.
In 2009, he signed a two-year contract worth $3 million with the Atlanta Braves. Later in 2012, he returned to Boston Red Sox for a two-year contract worth $6.2 million. In 2014, Ross signed a two-year contract worth $5 million with the Chicago Cubs. Ross also adds few more dollars to his fortune through his endorsement deals including “The Bryzzo Souvenir Company”.
With all the fortune in a million dollars, he has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is David Ross?
The former baseball player, David Ross has a maintained average body build. Ross stands tall with a height of 6ft. 2inch.(1.88m) while his body weighs around 104kg(230lbs). Ross has a body measurement of 43-32-15 inches with 15 inches as his biceps size. Ross has a fair complexion with bald hair and hazel green eyes.