Quick Facts Of Declan Donnelly
Celebrated Name Declan Donnelly Age 44 Years Nick Name Dec Birth Name Declan Joseph Oliver Donnelly Birth Date 1975-09-25 Gender Male Profession Actor Place Of Birth Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England Nationality British Birth Nation United Kingdom Residence London, England Famous For Actor and TV Presenter Marital Status Married Spouse Ali Astall Children One Horoscope Libra Ethnicity Irish Religion Christianity Height 5 feet 6 inches Weight 75 Kg Body Build/Type Average Hair Color Light Brown Eye Color Brown Sexual Orientation Straight Net Worth $4 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Father Alphonsus Donnelly Mother Anne Donnelly Siblings Six Sisters Patricia, Moyra and Camelia Donnelly Brothers Martin, Eamonn, and Dermott Donnelly Links Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook
Most people may be known as a TV personality but Declan Donnelly is gradually gaining recognition as an actor as well as a producer. Going down memory lane, Declan is said to have started his career when he auditioned for the children’s TV drama Byker Grove along with his longtime friend and partner, Anthony MCPartlin and over the years he has hosted several TV shows and appeared in numerous movies with various awards and nominations to credit. The British talented entertainer is indeed a prototype on the industry and someone whom youngsters would love to emulate. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What makes Declan Donnelly famous?
Declan Donnelly is an English TV presenter, producer, and actor, mostly known as working alongside Anthony McPartlin in presenting the comedy show duo Ant and Dec and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. Furthermore, he has been a successful TV presenter on various TV shows like Byker Grove, SMTV Live, Britain’s Got Talent and Poker Face.
Who are the parents of Declan Donnelly?
Recalling his early life, Declan Donnelly was born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, the UK. He was born to Irish parents, Alphonsus and Anne Donnelly and is among the seven children. They are three sisters: Patricia, Moyra and Camelia and three brothers: Martin, Eamonn, and Dermott. He holds both the British nationality and of Irish ethnicity.
Concerning his education, He first enrolled at St Michael’s Roman Catholic Primary School and later received 8 GCSEs from St Cuthbert’s High School. Furthermore, there is no such information regarding his college or university he has attended.
When did Declan Donnelly begin to start acting?
- Declan started his career from an English TV series ‘Byker Grove’ in 1989 for which he has auditioned after a suggestion from his father. Here he met his partner MCpartlin. The duo decided to depart from the show in 1993. Their friendship started flourishing both in and off the screen.
- Later, they were seen hosting comedy shows like Ant and Dec, Ant and Dec’s Saturday Nights Takin 2002 and Children show, SMTV Live. After that, the duo was seen in various TV game shows, talent shows and reality shows such as Friends Like These, PokerFace and Push the Button, Pop Idol, and Britain’s Got Talent, I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!, and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. Furthermore, they were seen in a TV series entitled ‘No Hiding Place’ and in the film Alien Autopsy in 2006.
- In April 2009, Donnelly, along with McPartlin, achieved wide international exposure after interviewing Britain’s Got Talent contestant Susan Boyle, whose audition would become the most-viewed YouTube video of 2009.
- In November 2019, it was revealed that Dec is related to pro wrestling promoter Dixie Carter. He has won various awards including British Comedy Awards, TrIC Awards, RTS Awards, and British Academy Children’s Awards among the others.
Is Declan Donnelly married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Declan has been married to Ali Astall who is his and Partlin manager. He dated her for a year and engaged on 13 November 2014. Finally, he tied the knot with her on August 1, 2015. He has recently become the father of a daughter on September 1, 2018.
Besides, her he was in a relationship with Ashley Roberts (2013), Georgie Thompson (2009-2011), Georgie Thompson (2009-2011), Di Steward (2006), Kate Braithwaite (2006), Sarah Cawood (2004), Clare Buckfield (1993-2004) and so on.
What is the net worth of Declan Donnelly?
As an actor and TV presenter, Declan earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $4 million and his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Declan Donnelly?
Observing his body statistics, Declan stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 75 Kg. He has brown eyes and light brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Dec and Ant became friends because of football.
- Along with Ant, Declan has a huge number of national television awards.
- He was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2016 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for his services to Broadcasting and Entertainment. He is a presenter in London, England.