Quick Facts Of DeMarcus Cousins
Celebrated Name DeMarcus Cousins Age 29 Years Nick Name Cousins Birth Name DeMarcus Amir Cousins Birth Date 1990-08-13 Gender Male Profession Basketball Player Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Mobile, Alabama Nationality American Ethnicity African-American Father Jessie Mother Monique Siblings 5 High School LeFlore Magnet High School Religion Christian Height 6 ft 11 in Weight 122 Kg Body Measurement Will Add Soon Net Worth $15 Million Salary Will Add Soon Marital Status In A Relationship Girlfriend Christy West Children 2; Amir and Vana
DeMarcus Amir Cousins famed as DeMarcus Cousins is a famous American professional basketball player who has been playing basketball since his high school. He is playing for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is nicknamed as Boogie. His playing position is Center. He played college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats, where he was an All-American in 2010. He left Kentucky after one season and was selected with the fifth overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings. Overall, he is a very talented basketball player.
LA Lakers may tab Dwight Howard to replace fallen DeMarcus Cousins
The Los Angeles Lakers might turn to one of their former players to fill the hole left by the potentially season-ending injury to center DeMarcus Cousins. Center Dwight Howard, who spent one season with the Lakers in 2012-13, is expected to have his contract bought out by the Memphis Grizzlies and has a mutual interest in returning to LA. Howard averaged 17.1 points and 12.4 rebounds for the Lakers that season, but they finished 45-37 and were swept by the San Antonio Spurs in the first round of the playoffs. Heading into his 16th season, Howard, 33, is coming off a shortened season in which he only played nine games for the Washington Wizards due to back surgery and injuries. But he missed just 20 games over the three previous seasons and holds career averages of 17.4 points, 12.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game. Cousins suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during a workout in Las Vegas, meaning the four-time All-Star’s entire 2019-20 season is in jeopardy, considering his recent injury history and the typical nine-month recovery window. Cousins, 29, signed a one-year deal with the Lakers in free agency after a season with the Golden State Warriors. He missed the first half of the 2018-19 season as he recovered from a torn Achilles. In nine NBA seasons, Cousins has averaged 21.2 points and 10.9 rebounds per game. Joining the Lakers on a $3.5m pact reunited Cousins with former New Orleans Pelicans teammate Anthony Davis. The Lakers reportedly also are interested in free-agent veteran Joakim Noah as they look to avoid playing Davis at the center.
Early Life of DeMarcus Cousins
DeMarcus Cousins was born on 13th August 1990 in Mobile, Alabama as DeMarcus Amir Cousins. He is of African-American ethnicity and has an American nationality. He is the son of Monique (Mother) and Jessie Cousins (Father). He has four sisters and one brother Jaleel, who is also a basketball player. For his schooling, he joined LeFlore Magnet High School in Mobile, Alabama and joined Kentucky College in 2009. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 29th birthday. His other early life information will be added soon.
Body Measurements of DeMarcus Cousins
DeMarcus is a very handsome person with an athletic body build. He has got a very charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a height of 6 feet 11 inches. His body weighs 122 Kg. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. His other body measurements will be added soon.
Career of DeMarcus Cousins
- DeMarcus started playing basketball professionally after being selected by Sacramento Kings in the 2010 NBA draft.
- He is very active in the sports field since 2010 and he is still playing.
- He also played in the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit at the Rose Garden in Portland and the Jordan Brand Classic at Madison Square Garden where he scored 10 points for the black team.
- On 7th July 2010, he signed a two-year contract with Kings $7 million where he was named Rookie of the Month for July during NBA Summer League and NBA All-Rookie First Time at the end of the 2010-11 season.
- He again signed a four-year extension with Kings with $62 million on 30 September 2013.
- He got into any trouble and suffered a suspension as well while being on the team.
- He got one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach.
- He played from the Kings till 2017 and was traded to New Orleans Pelicans on 20 February 2017.
- DeMarcus and teammate Omri Casspi were traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for Tyreke Evans, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, and 2017 first-round and second-round draft picks on 20th February 2017.
- He made his debut for the Pelicans three days later, recording 27 points and 14 rebounds in a 129-99 loss to the Houston Rockets.
- He later accepted the Warriors’ mid-level exception, signing a reported one-year deal for $5.3 million on 6th July 2018.
- He made a return in Game 1 of the 2019 NBA Finals against the Toronto Raptors, coming off the bench in his first NBA Finals game.
- On 6th July 2019, he signed a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- However, he tore his ACL in preseason workouts on August 15.
- Cousins played for United States national team that won the gold medal at 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- He was also a team member of the USA that won a gold medal at the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Net Worth of DeMarcus Cousins
DeMarcus is a very successful basketball player and his career has paid him a lot of fortune. His salary is around $16.96 million. His net worth is estimated to be $15 million as of 2019. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
Marital Status, Girlfriend, Wife, Children
DeMarcus Cousins is neither married nor single but he is in a relationship. He is dating Christy West, who is also known as baby mama by NBA players. They are college sweethearts. He has one son, Amir and a daughter, Vana. But it is not known that Christy is the mother of his children. As of now, the couple is living happily without any sign or rumors of the separation. They are enjoying their life a lot and they are planning to get married soon.