Quick Facts Of Dustin Poirier
Celebrated Name Dustin Poirier Age 30 Years Nick Name The Daimond Birth Name Dustin Glenn Poirier Birth Date 1989-01-18 Gender Male Profession MMA Fighter Birth Nation United States of America Place Of Birth Lafayette, Louisiana Nationality American Ethnicity Mixed Horoscope Capricorn Education Northside High School Marital Status Married Wife Jolie Poirier Children One Daughter Parker Noelle Poirier Father Darrell Poirier Mother Jere’ Folley Chaisson Siblings Will Add Soon Height 5 feet 9 inches Weight 70 Kg Eye Color Light Brown Hair Color Dark Brown Body Build/Type Athletic Body Measurement Will Add Soon Net Worth $1.72 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth MMA Career Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
There is no doubt that UFC fans will be familiar with Dustin Poirier. The American mixed martial artist is one of the stars of the fight organization and is also currently one of the top ranking fighters in the official UFC lightweight rankings. A lethal fighter who was brought up in the MMA system, Dustin Poirier is a well-rounded fighter. His tendency to utilize power punches like overhands and use jabs and steps to set up more powerful strikes like a cross make him a formidable opponent. For more information, here’s everything you need to know about the UFC star.
What is Dustin Poirier known for?
- An American mixed martial artist.
- A former competitor of Bang FC and the WEC.
- His utilizes power punches along with jabs and steps to set up powerful strikes like a cross.
Who are the parents of Dustin Poirier?
Dustin Glenn Poirier was born in Lafayette, Louisiana, the United States of America. Currently, he is 30 years old and his horoscope is Capricorn. He is the son of Darrell Poirier and Jere’ Folley Chaisson. However, there is no other information regarding his siblings, early life, and childhood.
Dustin holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnical background. He studied at Northside High School where he completed his high school education after that no information about his academic qualification.
When did Dustin Poirier pursue his MMA career?
- Dustin Poirier turned professional in 2009. At the beginning of his career, he was able to compile a winning streak of 7-0 competing in regional matches across his native Louisiana. He started to catch more attention by defeating Daniel Watts in the first round at Bang FC on October 31, 2009.
- World Extreme Cagefighting merged with UFC in October of 2010 and as a result, all WEC fighters were transferred to the UFC which included Dusting Poirier as well. Following the UFC/WEC merger, Poirier was soon able to catch a lot of attention, mostly due to his victory over the No. 1 contender Josh Grispi on January 1, 2011. Poirier filled in for the newly crowned UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo for the fight as Aldo withdrew from the fight due to a back injury.
- On May 15, 2012, Poirier faced Chan Sung Jung in the main event at UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier. The match was Poirier’s first main event which he went on to lose to Jung in the fourth round with a submission. The performance was of high caliber earning both participants Fight of the Night honors. Several publications announced the fight as the Fight of the Year at the end of 2012.
- Dustin Poirier was set in a co-main event on February 16, 2013, at UFC on Fuel TV: Barao Vs. McDonald. He was replacing for injured Dennis Siver during the match facing against Cub Swanson. During the fight, both parties had landed punches to each other and Poirier had scored leg kicks and double leg takedowns to Swanson’s head kicks and submission attempts. Poirier lost the match via unanimous decision.
- In 2014, Poirier faced Akira Corassani at The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale. He put an end to the fight in the second round with TKO. The win earned him his second Fight of the Night bonus award. He faced Conor McGregor on September 27, 2014, at UFC 178. He was unable to stop McGregor and lost the fight in the first round by TKO. He changed weight division after the fight and moved to the Lightweight division and said that he would never go back to featherweight nor move up to the welterweight.
- On April 4, 2015, Dustin Poirier faced Carlos Diego Ferreira in a lightweight bout. He won the fight with a knockout in the first round which earned him his first performance of the Night bonus award. His pay for the match was disclosed to be $118,000, the highest disclosed pay received by Poirier so far. Poirier won his second performance of the Night bonus award in June of 2015 winning the fight against Yancy Medeiros with a TKO in the first round.
- Poirier faced Bobby Green on June 4, 2016, at UFC 199. He won the fight with a knockout in the first round receiving his second-highest disclosed pay of $110,000 afterward. He was matched against Michael Johnson on September 17, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 94. He lost the match in the first round via a knockout.
- At UFC 208 held on February 11, 2017, Poirier challenged Jim Miller. He won the match with the majority decision and earned himself his third Fight of the Night bonus award. The injuries sustained resulted in Poirier being suspended indefinitely. After recovery, his first opponent was Eddie Alvarez who he faced on May 13, 2017. Alvarez landed two illegal knees while Poirier was against the fence which caused the fight to be ended with a No Contest.
- Dustin Poirier and Anthony Pettis faced each other on November 11, 2017, at UFC Fight Night 120. Poirier won the fight with Pettis tapping out in the third round. He earned another Fight of the Night bonus award for himself with the win.
- In 2018, Poirier signed a new contract with UFC. He faced Justin Gaethje on April 14, 2018, and won the fight via TKO in the fourth round. Poirier was able to get a rematch with Eddie Alvarez on July 28, 2018, as the main event at UFC on Fox 30. He won the fight in the second round via TKO. He won the Performace of the Night Award with the win.
- On August 3, 2018, Poirier was announced to have agreed to face Nate Diaz on November 3, 2018. The fight shall be the Main event for the lightweight division and is expected to be a co-headliner of UFC 230.
- Furthermore, UFC announced that Dustin is scheduled to face Max Holloway for the Interim UFC Lightweight Championship on April 13, 2019, at UFC 236.
Is Dustin Poirier married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting his personal life, Poirier is a married man who is currently married to Jolie Poirier. He had been in a relationship with Jolie for very long years before his marriage. His wife became pregnant in December of 2015 and had their first child, Parker Noelle Poirier, on August 20, 2016.
In an interview, Dustin has said that he wishes to win the title for the sake of his wife as well. Furthermore, they are living a happy life with their son without any sign of divorce. The pair is free from any sorts of rumors and controversy.
How much net worth is Dustin Poirier owns?
The net worth of Dustin Poirier is estimated at over $1.72 million as of 2019. He has been making a splash in the world of UFC as a capable fighter. His highest career pay has been disclosed to be $170,000, $118,000 and $110,000 which can be toppled by his upcoming fight against Nate Diaz.
His career disclosed earnings are around $1.9 million. If he continues on his winning streak, his net worth will climb a lot higher in his upcoming future days.
How tall is Dustin Poirier?
To be a successful fighter in the UFC, one has to be at the peak of their physical health; as such, Dustin Poirier is in great shape. The fighter has his height listed as 5 feet 9 inches while his weight is recorded to be 155 lbs (70 kg). Similarly, His hair is light brown in color while his eyes are dark brown in color. However, there is no other information about his body measurements such as dress size and shoe size. in the case of revealed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He is the American mixed martial artist with a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- On February 24, 2019, he was ranked #3 in the official UFC lightweight rankings.