Quick Facts Of Ed Rendell
Celebrated Name Ed Rendell Age 75 Years Nick Name Rendell Birth Name Ed Rendell Birth Date 1944-01-05 Gender Male Profession Politician Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth New York Nationality American Ethnicity White Father Jesse Mother Emma School Riverdale Country School University University of Pennsylvania, Religion Jewish Height Will Add Soon Weight Will Add Soon Body Measurement Will Add Soon Marital Status Married Wife Marjorie Children 1 Net Worth Between $1 Million to $10 Million Salary Under Review
Edward Gene Rendell famed as Ed Rendell is an American lawyer, prosecutor, politician, as well as an author. He is also a member of the Democratic Party who served as the 45th Governor of Pennsylvania from 2003 to 2011 as well as he served as chair of the national Democratic Party, and the Mayor of Philadelphia from 1992 to 2000. Rendell currently co-chairs the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Immigration Task Force. Overall, he is a very talented politician.
Elizabeth Warren Is a Hypocrite, Says Hypocrite Ed Rendell
Elizabeth Warren is a hypocrite. That’s the message from Ed Rendell ahead of Thursday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate. Rendell, the former Philly mayor, former Pennsylvania governor, former chair of the Democratic National Committee, and current player on Team Joe Biden, lobbed the charge at Warren in a Washington Post-op-ed titled “I like Elizabeth Warren. Too bad she’s a hypocrite.” When Warren announced her current presidential campaign, she said she’d shun big-ticket fundraisers, but then she transferred more than $10 million from her U.S. Senate reelection campaign fund into her presidential campaign fund, and much of that money came from larger donations. If she weren’t a hypocrite, Rendell argues, she would have transferred money that came from smaller donations only. Warren criticized Biden for his “swanky private” fundraiser that happened in Philadelphia in April, and Rendell points out that nearly 20 of the attendees at that Biden fundraiser, which Rendell helped organize, gave Warren $2,000 and up in 2018 at similar fundraisers for her. Rendell also called Donald Trump not just a hypocrite but for a “blowhard hypocrite” after it became apparent that while Trump was telling American business leaders to bring overseas jobs back home, many Trump-branded products are made overseas. Not to mention the fact that Rendell’s candidate Biden has been blasted as a hypocrite on matters much more serious than anything Rendell could possibly throw at Warren.
Early Life of Ed
Ed Rendell was born on 5th January 1944 as Edward Gene Rendell in New York, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. As of 2019, he celebrated his 75th birthday with his friends and families. His is the son of Emma (nee Sloat) and Jesse T. Rendell. His parents were Jewish, and all four of his grandparents were immigrants from Russia. Regarding his education, he attended Riverdale Country School before the University of Pennsylvania, where he joined the Pi Lambda Phi fraternity in 1962 and earned a B.A. degree, 1965, and Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1968. He served as a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1968 to 1974.
Body Measurements of Ed
Ed is a very handsome person with a charming smile on his face. His body build is average. He has got a perfect height matching with his body weight. Unfortunately, his body details regarding his height, weight, and other body measurements have not been revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Ed
- In the year 1977, Ed was elected district attorney of Philadelphia becoming the youngest DA in history after he defeated the incumbent Democratic district attorney, Emmett Fitzpatrick, in the primary election.
- He ran a campaign that emphasized that he was new to politics and so was not tainted by its corruption.
- He received 28 delegate votes for Vice President at the Democratic National Convention, although he was not a candidate in the year 1980.
- He was defeated in the Democratic gubernatorial primary by Bob Casey, Sr.
- He presided over the controversial prosecution of Mumia Abu-Jamal in 1982.
- He ran for the Democratic nomination against the incumbent mayor, Wilson Goode and lost 1987.
- His first term as mayor was chronicled in a best-selling book A Prayer for the City by journalist Buzz Bissinger.
- The New York Times called Rendell’s job as mayor “the most stunning turnaround in recent urban history” due to his determination, inspiration, ambition, and his energy.
- He defeated Republican State Attorney General Mike Fisher 53% to 44% in 2002.
- He proposed that the 8 cents per gallon tax on beer be raised to 25 cents per gallon.
- He persuaded the Pennsylvania General Assembly to pass measures to legalize and tax slot machine parlors, with the revenues from these measures to be used to reduce property taxes in 2004.
- He confirmed reports that his State Trooper chauffeurs regularly exceeded posted speed limits, and he claimed to be surprised to learn that they sometimes drove him at speeds in excess of 100 mph in 2004.
- He made statements that seemed to support President George W. Bush’s Social Security privatization proposal in 2005.
- He signed a bill into law that increased pay for state lawmakers, judges, and top executive-branch officials in 2005.
- He won re-election by defeating Lynn Swann, a former professional football player for the Pittsburgh Steelers on 7th November 2006.
- He was sworn into his second term as governor of Pennsylvania on 16th January 2007.
- He backed the effort to proceed with the Delaware River Deepening Project in 2008.
- He drew some criticism following a late January 2009 preview of his budget proposal that would eliminate 100 budget line items, including programs such as the Pennsylvania Governor’s Schools of Excellence and Drug Abuse Resistance Education (“D.A.R.E.”).
- He also announced his endorsement of Senator Clinton in the latter’s race for the White House.
- He was term-limited for the election of 2010.
- He was succeeded by Republican Tom Corbett on 18th January 2011.
- He accepted a position as an on-air political analyst for NBC News and MSNBC in 2011.
- He admitted that during his term as Governor of Pennsylvania, he underperformed when he dealt with the growing popularity of shale gas in Pennsylvania in 2016.
Marital Status, Wife, Divorce, Child
Ed is a married person. He was married to Marjorie Rendell. They married on July 10, 1971, and have one son, Jesse. Ed and Marjorie Rendell announced their separation shortly after he left office in 2011. They filed for divorce in September 2016. As of today, he is living a happy life without any disturbances. Rendell acknowledged that he has dealt with Parkinson’s disease for over three years in a press conference at the University of Pennsylvania hospital in June 2018.
Net Worth of Ed
The net worth of Ed Rendell will be surely in millions as he is one of the successful politician. His net worth is estimated to have in between $1 Million to $10 Million as of 2019. His salary is under review and his primary source of income is from a politician career. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.