Quick Facts Of El Chapo
Celebrated Name El Chapo Age 62 Years Nick Name El Chapo Birth Name Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Loera Birth Date 1957-04-05 Gender Male Profession Drug Trafficker Birth Nation Mexico Place Of Birth Badiraguato, Sinaloa Nationality Mexican Ethnicity White Horoscope Aries Best Known For Powerful drug trafficker in the world Father Emilio Guzman Bustillos Mother Maria Consuelo Loera Perez Siblings 9 Sisters Armida and Bernarda Brothers Miguel Angel, Aureliano, Arturo, and Emilio and three unnamed Grand Parents Juan Guzman and Otilia Bustillos Education Drop out Marital Status Married Married Date November, 2007 Spouse Alejandrina Maria Salazar Hernandez, Estela Pena, Griselda Lopez Perez, Emma Coronel Aispuro Children 13 Son Cesar, Ivan Archivaldo, Jesus Alfredo, Edgar, Joaquin, and Ovidio Daughter Maria Joaquina, Emali Guadalupe, Griselda Guadalupe, Rosa, Alejandrina, Kim and Laisha. Net Worth $16 billion Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian Body Build/Type Average Height 5ft. 6inch(1.68m) Weight 91kg(201 lbs) Hair Color Black Eye Color Brown Shoe Size 7(UK)
El Chapo is a Mexican drug lord who is considered to be the most powerful drug trafficker in the world. El Chapo is also a former leader of the international crime syndicate, Sinaloa Cartel. The drug lord, El Chapo is also known for being the husband of Emma Coronel Aispuro. El Chapo is one of the most protected people and prisoners around the globe.
What is El Chapo Famous for?
- Famous as the powerful drug trafficker in the world.
When and Where was El Chapo Born?
El Chapo was born on April 5, 1957, in Badiraguato, Sinaloa, Mexico. El Chapo was born as Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Loera in a rural community to a poor family. His nationality is Mexican. Chapo belongs to White ethnicity while Aries is his zodiac sign.
Guzman was born to poor parents Emilio Guzman Bustillos(father) who was a cattle rancher, an opium poppy farmer, and an abusive father and Maria Consuelo Loera Perez(mother) who was a housewife. El Chapo was among the nine children that his parents had.
He was raised along with his two younger sisters, Armida and Bernarda, four younger brothers Miguel Angel, Aureliano, Arturo, and Emilio and three unnamed older brothers who died of natural causes.
Guzman’s childhood was shaped by his family’s poverty as he drooped out of school when he was in third grade to support his family. Guzman along with his younger siblings was regularly beaten by his father.
Guzman started cultivating his own marijuana plantation at age 15 with cousins that supported his family however, he was kicked off the house by his father after which he lived his grandparents.
In addition, his paternal grandparents were Juan Guzman and Otilia Bustillos, and his maternal grandparents were Ovidio Loera Cobret and Pomposa Perez Uriarte. Soon after Guzman gained his nickname “El Chapo” for his body physique and got involved in organized crime in his 20s.
Short List of El Chapo’s Early Career
- Guzman first began to get involved in the narcotics business after he met the drug lord, Hector Luis Palma Salazar(El Guero) in late 1970.
- Guzman soon came in touch with Felix Gallardo, the leading drug baron in Mexico and eventually got in-charge of the drug corridors of Sinaloa Cartel.
- Guzman had coordinated the shipment of 2,000kg of marijuana and about 4,700 kg of cocaine for three years without getting in the vision of any authorities.
- Guzman founded his own cartel, “Sinaloa” in 1989, eventually, he emerged as one of the new faces of the Mexican drug world.
- Soon, he was considered one of Mexico’s most powerful and dangerous drug traffickers by 1990.
- His cartel, “Sinaloa” which trafficked heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamine, grew to be the biggest drug operation in the world.
- Guzman then ganged up with powerful gangs who are accused of committing more than 1,000 murders.
- Guzman quickly became the No. 1 drug target of the U.S. government.
Arrests, Escape and Trials
- Guzman got arrested for the first time in 1993 by Guatemalan authorities.
- He was convicted and sentenced to a maximum-security prison for 20 years however, with his power and men he managed to escape prison via a laundry cart.
- In February 2014, Guzman was again found and now was under the high coverage officers said by Pena Nieto, former president of Mexico but within less than 18 months, he again escaped from the prison in July.
- During the time of his escape, Guzman conducted a secret meeting with American actor Sean Penn where he confronted to make a movie about his life.
- On January 8, 2016, Guzman was again arrested after a shootout in the city of Los Mochis.
- The catch thing here is that the judge, Vicente Bermudez Zacarias who was presiding over Guzman’s case, was murdered near his home in October 2016.
- In January 2017, the Mexican government extradited Guzman to the United States to face charges where he appeared in U.S. Federal Court and was pleaded not guilty to over a dozen charges.
- The trial of El Chapo began with amid heavy security in Brooklyn’s Federal District Court on November 13, 2018.
- On February 12, 2019, El Chapo was found guilty on all 10 counts against him, following more than 200 hours of testimony from 56 witnesses.
- Chapo was also involved in several criminal enterprises, conspiracy to launder narcotics proceedings and use of firearms.
- On July 17, 2019, El Chapo was sentenced to imprisonment for life plus 30 years along with a restitution payment of $12.6 billion.
Who is El Chapo Married to? How Many Children Does he have?
The most protected person, El Chapo has been married several times throughout his life to date. In fact, he has fathered dozens of children. Chapo was first married to his first wife Alejandrina Maria Salazar Hernandez in 1977 in a small ceremony in Sinaloa. The couple together had three children: Cesar, Ivan Archivaldo, and Jesus Alfredo. Chapo settled all of them in Jesus Maria.
After 10 years of marriage, Chapo got married to his second wife, Estela Pena, a woman whom he kidnapped and had sexual relations before. Later in 1980, he got married to Griselda Lopez Perez. The couple together had four children: Edgar, Joaquin, Ovidio, and Griselda Guadalupe.
Guzman later in 2007, got married to his fourth wife, an 18-year-old American beauty queen, Emma Coronel Aispuro with whom he has twin girls, Maria Joaquina and Emali Guadalupe.
Chapo has four other children from his previous relationships: Rosa, Alejandrina, Kim, and Laisha. His sons including Ivan(El Chapito), Jesus(El Gordo) also got involved in drug trafficking following their dad’s path. His son, Edgar died in 2008 and his brother, Arthuro(El Pollo) was killed in 2004.
How Much Does El Chapo Earn?
The 62 years old Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Loera, popularly known as El Chapo is undoubtedly one of the “Top 10 Most Protected People In World” and “Top 700 Richest Person In World”. Chapo has quite an enormous amount of money in billion dollars through his criminal activities including drug trafficking.
El Chapo enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be $16 billion. He has gained all of his billion fortunes from selling the drugs and other substances illegally. With all the fortune in billion dollars, El Chapo’s family is living quite a luxurious lifestyle except him as he has been serving his days behind the bars.
Besides, Guzman also owned several ranches across Mexico worth million dollars. In 2017, Netflix and Univision co-produced the series, “El Chapo” about the life of Guzman which was premiered on Sunday, 23 April 2017 which was followed by a 20-minute Facebook Live after-show titled “El Chapo Ilimitado”.
How Tall is El Chapo?
The drug lord, El Chapo has quiet a distinguished body features. Chapo has a short body build with a bulky flat face, black hair and brown eyes. Shapo stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68m) while he has a body weight of 91kg(201 lbs). Chapo has a shoe size of 7(UK).
Did You Know?
- El Chapo started cultivating his own marijuana plantation at age 15.
- He drooped out of school when he was in third grade.
- El Chapo came to the world of crime after he met the drug lord, Hector Luis Palma Salazar(El Guero) in 1970.
- El Chapo has been arrested three times throughout his life and for two times he has managed to escape from the prison easily.
- He is asked to pay a $12.6 billion bill as restitution.