Quick Facts Of Ellie Goulding
Celebrated Name Ellie Goulding Age 32 Years Nick Name Ellie Goulding Birth Name Ellie Goulding Birth Date 1986-12-30 Gender Female Profession Singer Birth Nation United Kingdom Place Of Birth Hereford, Herefordshire, England Nationality British Ethnicity English Horoscope Capricorn Father Arthur Goulding Mother Tracey Goulding Sisters Isabel and Jordan Brothers Alex University University of Kent Boyfriend Caspar Jopling Net Worth $20 million USD Height 5ft 5 inches(1.65m) Weight 56kg(123 pounds) Body Measurement 35-26-35 inches
Ellie Goulding is a British singer and songwriter who is only the second artist to win the Critics Choice Award at the Brit Awards and top the BBC’s annual Sound of…Poll in the same year in 2010. She debuted with her album “Lights” in 2010 and it reached no.1 on the UK charts. She has also received Grammy Award nomination for her single “Love Me Like You Do” in 2015.
- Recently on 19th July 2019, Ellie Goulding invited royal cousins, Beatrice, and Eugine to her wedding next month with her fiance, Caspar Jopling. But her ex-boyfriend, Prince Charles and his wife, Meghan will not be attending the marriage.
- On 18th July 2019, An official music video got released for her single “Hate Me” which was released on 26th June.
What is Ellie Goulding famous for?
- Famous as British singer and songwriter
- Famous for her 2015 single “Love Me Like You Do”.
Who are the parents of Ellie Goulding?
Ellie Goulding was born on 30th December 1986 in Hereford, Herefordshire, England. Her birth name is Ellie Jane Goulding. British is her nationality. Her ethnicity is English. Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Arthur Goulding(father) and Tracey Goulding(mother). She is the second child of her parents among four children. She has an elder sister, Isabel and a younger sister, Jordan. Alex is her brother who is a bass player. When she was five years old, her father left his family and her mother became the single parent of four children. Later, her mother got married to another man but they divorced within a few months.
She was raised in a small village, Lyonshall, Kington, Herefordshire. She did her schooling from Lady Hawkins High School. She started playing the clarinet and guitar at the age of 9. At the age of 15, she started writing songs. She also took A’Levels in English, Politics, Drama, and Music and passed in all the subjects except music.
Later, she attended the University of Kent to get a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies. In her final year, she left her studies to pursue her career as a singer in 2009. On 17th July 2019, she received an honorary degree from the University of Kent. She met Jamie Lillywhite and producer, Starsmith in 2009 to start her career.
When did Ellie Goulding pursue her career?
- Ellie Goulding started her professional career by releasing her first single “Under the Sheets” on 15th November 2009 which ranked no.53 on the UK Singles Chart.
- She released her another single “Wish I stayed” in December 2009.
- In 2010, she became the second artist to win the BBC Sound of 2010 poll and Critics Choice Award at the 2010 Brit Awards.
- She also became the co-writer for the song “Love me Cause You Want” of Cilmi’s album and “Ten” of Diana’s debut album in 2010.
- In March 2010, she released her first album “Light” which ranked no.1 on the UK Albums Charts.
- She re-released her album ‘Lights’ in November 2010 as ‘Bright Lights’. It also featured a cover version of John’s ‘Your Song’ which reached number two on the ‘UK Singles Chart’.
- On 7th April 2011, she made her television debut by appearing on American television on ‘Jimmy Kimme Live’ and also appeared on ‘Saturday Night Live’.
- She has also performed at the wedding reception of Prince William and Kate Middleton on 29th April.
- On 5th October 2012, she released her second studio album ‘Halcyon’ which ranked no.2 on the UK Albums Charts.
- In 2013, she released her single “Burn” which ranked no.1 on the UK’s Official Singles Chart.
- Her single “Love me like you do” from her album “Delirum” which was released on 6th November 2015 was nominated for Grammy Award nomination.
- She collaborated with Sean Paul on his song “Bad Love” which got released on 29th June 2018.
- She released her another single “Sixteen” on 12th April 2019.
- Recently on 26th June 2019, she released her single “Hate me” with American rapper, Juice Wrld and its music video got released on 18th July.
Who is Ellie Goulding engaged to?
The British singer, Ellie Goulding is engaged to her boyfriend, Caspar Jopling. They got engaged on 7th August 2018. They started dating each other in 2017. Caspar Jopling is an English Professional Art Dealer. The couple is planning to be married in August 2019.
Previously, she also dated singer, Ed Sheeran in 2013 and Dougie Poynter in 2014-2016. She was also in a deep relationship with Prince Harry from 2011 to 2013. She has also participated in a charity event for “Student-Run LA” and also in the inaugural ‘Nike Women Half Marathon’ i 2013.
At present, she is living in London, England. She is active in social media with 14.2 million followers on Instagram. She is busy with the preparation of her marriage with her fiance next month.
How much money does she make?
The British singer and songwriter, Ellie Goulding earns a good amount of money from her profession. She has an estimated net worth of $20 million USD as of 2019.
She also earns additional income from her different endorsement deals with Swiss Shampoo Pantene Pro-V and the official Pantene Company.
At present, she is living a luxurious life with her earnings and endorsement deals.
How tall is Ellie Goulding?
The 32 years aged, Ellie Goulding has an athletic body. She has millions of fans throughout the world due to her beautiful face and voice. She stands at a height of 5ft 5inches(1.65m). She has a normal body weight of 56kg(123 pounds).She is a beautiful singer with a fair complexion, blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Her body measurement is 35-26-35 inches.
Did You Know?
- Ellie Goulding participated in the Bupa Great North Run for the British Heart Foundation.
- Her track “How Long Will I Love You” was the official song for the Children in Need campaign