Quick Facts Of Emmy Rossum
Celebrated Name Emmy Rossum Age 33 Years Nick Name Emmy Birth Name Emmanuelle Grey Rossum Birth Date 1986-09-12 Gender Female Profession Actress Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth New York City, New York Mother Cheryl Rossum Height 1.69 m Weight 55 kg Eye Color Light Brown Hair Color Dark Brown Nationality American Horoscope Virgo Body Build/Type Slim Ethnicity White Marital Status Married Sexual Orientation Straight Spouse Sam Esmail Net Worth $12 Million
One of the American actress, director, singer and songwriter is Emmanuelle Grey Rossum who is famous as Emmy Rossum. She is best known for her portrayal of Fiona Gallagher in the television series ‘Shameless’.
Rossum’s Early Life
Emmy Rossum’s birth name is Emmanuelle Grey Rossum. She was born on 12 September 1986 at New York City, New York, U.S. She was born to Cheryl Rossum who was a single mother and worked as a corporate photographer. She was named for her great-grandfather whose first name was Emanuel and using the feminine spelling. She attended the Spence School which is a private school in Manhattan. She received her high school diploma at fifteen-years-old via online-extension courses offered by Stanford University’s Education Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY). She later attended Columbia University, where she studied art history, French, and philosophy.
Rossum’s Body Features
Rossum’s height is 1.69 m and weight is 55 kg. Her hair color is dark brown and the eye color is light brown. She has the balanced and healthy body. She also has the beautiful voice. She has the slim body type.
- In 1997, she gave her television debut in the daytime soap opera ‘As the World Turns’.
- In 2000, she portrayed a young Audrey Hepburn in the ABC television film named ‘The Audrey Hepburn Story’.
- In 2000, she made her film debut in the film named ‘Songcathcher’. ‘Variety’ magazine named Rossum as “One of the Ten to Watch”.
- In 2003, she played in the film named ‘Nola’ and ‘River’.
- In 2004, she played in the eco-disaster film named ‘The Day After Tomorrow’ and ‘The Phantom in the Opera’.
- In 2006, she appeared in the film ‘The Poseidon Adventure’ and ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
- On 23 October 2007, her musical album ‘Inside Out’ was released.
- In December 2007, she released three Christmas songs on the EP Carol of the Bells.
- In 2009, she appeared in ‘Dragon ball Evolution’ and ‘Daily Bread’. She also appeared in the Broadway’s 24-hour play.
- In December 2009, she joined the cast of the series ‘Shameless’. She was renewed for its eighth season beginning production in 2017.
- In 2013, she released an album named ‘Sentimental Journey’.
- In 2011, she starred in a film named ‘Inside’.
- In 2013, she was cast in the film named ‘Cornet’.
- In August 2018, she announced that her departure from ‘Shameless’ after ninth season.
- In 2004, at National Board of Review, she won ‘Best Breakthrough Performance by an Actress’ award.
- In 2005, at Saturn Awards she won ‘Best Performance by a Younger Actor’ award.
- In 2005, at Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards she won ‘Best Young Actress’ award.
- In 2005, at Young Artist Awards she won ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actress’ award.
- In 2009s at Hamptons International Film Festival, she won ‘Breakthrough Performer (Rising Stars)’ award.
- In 2009, at Savannah Film Festival she won ‘Young Hollywood Award’.
- In 2014, at Catalina Film Festival she won ‘Avalon Award’.
- In 2014, at Northeast Film Festival she won ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Feature’ award.
Rossum’s Personal Life
Rossum is married. In 2005, she dated David Wildenstein. From 2005 to 2007, she dated Topher Grace who was an American actor. In 2007, she dated Milo Ventimiglia. In 2007 she married Justin Siegel but got divorced in 2010. From 2009 to 2010, she dated Adam Duritz. From 2011 to 2013, she dated Tyler Jacob Moore. In 2013 she dated Sam Esmail. They got engaged in 2015 and married on 28 May 2017. They are living happily with the mutual understanding.
She has celiac disease, an autoimmune disease in which the body cannot tolerate any foods containing gluten.
Rossum’s net worth is estimated to be $12 million.
Did You Know?
- Emmy was announced as the ambassador for YouthAIDS charity.
- In 2015, she campaigned with the Best Friends Animal Society to encourage animal adoption.
- She has described herself as “a spiritual person, but I’m not especially religious.”