Quick Facts Of Gloria Vanderbilt
Celebrated Name Gloria Vanderbilt Age 95 Years Nick Name Gloria Vanderbilt Birth Name Gloria Laura Vanderbilt Birth Date 1924-02-20 Gender Female Profession Author
Gloria Vanderbilt was a multi-talented celebrity in Hollywood. She is an American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite. She was also a member of the Vanderbilt family of New York and the mother of CNN television anchor Anderson Cooper.
What was Gloria Vanderbilt famous for?
– Famous as a popular member of the Vanderbilt family and as the mother of CNN anchor, Anderson Cooper.
When was Gloria Vanderbilt born?
Gloria Vanderbilt was born on February 20, 1924, in Manhattan, New York City, USA. Her birth name was Gloria Laura Vanderbilt. Her nationality was American and White was her ethnicity. Pisces was her zodiac sign.
Vanderbilt was born to the wealthy and prosperous family as the only child of popular railroad heir Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt(father) and his second wife, Gloria Morgan(wife).
Her father died when she was a toddler, and then she was raised along with her half-sister named Cathleen Vanderbilt in Paris.
She did her schooling from the “Greenvale School” in Long Island and later, went to the “Wheeler School” and “Miss Porter’s School”. She attended the ‘Arts Students League’ in New York City to hone her artistic talents.
She is the great-great-granddaughter of “The Commodore” Cornelius Vanderbilt, founder of her family’s fortune.
Her maternal aunt, Lady Thelma Furness, was a mistress of King Edward VIII of Great Britain and from whom Gloria was inspired.
How was Gloria Vanderbilt’s Career?
– Vаndеrbіlt kicked off her рrоfеѕѕіоnаl саrееr and certainly became known for her artwork when it got licensed in 1968 and she began designing specifically for linens, pottery, and glassware.
– She gave her first informal art show in New York City in the late 1940s, which was followed in the coming decades by numerous one-woman shows in major cities across the country.
– In 1954 she made her acting debut in a summer-stock production of “The Swan”, and the following year she made her Broadway debut in “The Time of Your Life”.
– She арреаrеd іn а numbеr оf lіvе аnd fіlmеd tеlеvіѕіоn drаmаѕ ѕuсh аѕ”Тhе Dісk Роwеll Ѕhоw”, “Рlауhоuѕе 90”, “Тhе Lоvе Воаt Ѕtudіо Оnе іn Ноllуwооd”, “Орrаh Wіnfrеу Ѕhоw” аnd “Тhе Тоnіght Ѕhоw”.
– She started modeling at a very young age. At 17, she was already modeling for ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ magazine.
– She promoted her clothing and fragrance lines(designer jeans) and remained a popular subject for famous photographers all over the world.
– She hаѕ also wrіttеn thrее nоvеlѕ аnd fоur vоlumеѕ оf mеmоіrѕ: “Once upon a Time: A True Story” (1985), “Black Knight, White Knight” (1987), “A Mother’s Story” (1996), and “It Seemed Important at the Time: A Romance Memoir” (2004).
– She was the topic of the novel titled “The World of Gloria Vanderbilt”.
– In April 2016, ‘HBO’ released the documentary ‘Nothing Left Unsaid: Gloria Vanderbilt & Anderson Cooper’.
– It featured mother-son duo asking each other numerous questions and revealing a lot of intimate details about their lives.
Death of Gloria Vanderbilt
Gloria Vanderbilt died at the age of 94 on 17 June 2019 in Manhattan, New York. It was claimed that the cause of death of Gloria was stomach cancer of which she was diagnosed earlier in the month.
Who was Gloria Vanderbilt married to?
The beautiful Gloria Vanderbilt was married four times in her life.
She first got married to Pat DiCicco, an agent and producer in 1941 at the age of 17. However, the couple divorced in 1945 for domestic violence.
Later, she got married to Leopold Stokowski, leading English conductors in 1945. The couple shared two sons together: Christopher and Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski. However, the couple ended their 10-year long relation in 1955.
Gloria then married Sidney Lumet, director in 1956 but they ended up in 1963. After then, she tied a knot to her fourth spouse Wyatt Cooper, an author, and actor. The couple had two boys Carter Vanderbilt Cooper and Anderson Hays Cooper (CNN News Anchor).
Her husband died at the age of 50 in 1978.
Shen then dated her boyfriend Gordon Parks, a photographer, and filmmaker until 2006.
What was the net worth of Gloria Vanderbilt?
The multi-talented personality Gloria Vanderbilt had an estimated net worth of $200 million. She lived a luxurious lifestyle with her income through her profession.
How tall was Gloria Vanderbilt?
Gloria Vanderbilt had a well maintained perfect slim body. She stood tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.70m). She had a body weight of 55kg(121 lbs). She had a body measurement of 35-27-36 inches with her shoe size of 7 UK and her bra size of 34B.
She had a fair complexion with blue eyes and white hair.