Quick Facts Of Gretchen Wilson
Celebrated Name Gretchen Wilson Age 46 Years Nick Name Wilson Birth Name Gretchen Frances Wilson Birth Date 1973-06-26 Gender Female Profession Singer Birth Nation U.S Place Of Birth Pocahontas, Illinois Nationality American Horoscope Cancer Ethnicity White Height 170 Cm Weight 55 Kg Shoe Size 9 (US) Awards 2005 CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, 2004 ACM Top Female Vocalist and more Net Worth $4 Million Salary Will Update Soon Marital Status Married Spouse Mike Penner Children 1: Grace Frances Penner Best Known For Music albums such as “Here for the Party” and “All Jacked Up”
An American Country music Artist is known as Gretchen Frances Wilson. She is simply popular as Gretchen Wilson. She made her debut with the Grammy Award-winning single “Redneck Woman” on March 2004. Her single was number one hit on the Billboard country charts. Then she continued with songs. By profession, she is an actress, singer, musician, and songwriter.
On 21st August 2018, she was arrested for the breach of peace at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks.
Well Known For:
- Wilson is well known for her successful country music albums such as “Here for the Party” and “All Jacked Up“.
Early Life of Gretchen
Gretchen Wilson opened her eyes for the first time on 26th June 1973. She was born in Pocahontas, Illinois, the U.S. Her real name is Gretchen Frances Wilson. She belongs to American nationality. Her sun sign is Cancer. Her ethnicity is White.
Body Features of Gretchen
45 years, Wilson has got the great body. She manages to keep her body very sexy and attractive. This attractive singer has got the height of 170 cm and weight of 55 Kg. Her eye color is Light Brown and hair color is Dark Brown. Her shoe size is 9 (US).
Career of Gretchen
- In the year 2003, Wilson signed with “Epic Records”.
- There Wilson recorded “Here for the Party”.
- After that, her first single “Redneck Woman” was released in 2004 March which reached No. 22 in the Billboard Hot 100.
- For 2 years, this song was the first Number One country hit by a female.
- Later, this success was followed by “Here for the Party” and it was debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Chart.
- Here for the Party was certified 5× Multi-Platinum by the RIAA.
- Then, Wilson released her second album named “All Jacked Up” on 27th September 2005 which peaked at No. 1 and sold 1 million copies of it.
- After this, Wilson released her third album named “One of the Boys” on the same year 2007 and was on No. 5 which was sold 178,220 copies.
- On 14th July 2008, Wilson released her new single “Don’t Do Me No Good” and reached at Top 40.
- On 28th July 2009, Wilson announced her parting with Sony Music Nashville.
- Wilson released her fourth album “I Got Your Country Right Here” on 30th March 2010.
- On 2nd April 2013, she released next album titled “Right On Time”.
- On 8th October 2013, She released her first Christmas album, Christmas in My Heart.
- Wilson was recently arrested at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut on 21st August 2018.
- The Police arrested her after the reports of a minor disturbance and was charged $1000 for the breach of peace.
Awards of Gretchen
Wilson has received many awards. some of her awards are 2005 CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, 2004 ACM Top Female Vocalist, 2004 ACM Top New Artist, 2004 CMA Horizon Award, 2004 Grammy Award Best Female Country Vocal Performance and many more.
Net Worth of Gretchen
The net worth of Gretchen is estimated to have $4 Million as of 2018. Her salary is still to figure out and will update soon.
Affairs of Gretchen
Wilson is a married woman. She was married to Mike Penner and the couple was also blessed with a daughter named Grace Frances Penner. Later, the couple got separated.
Did You Know?
- Her mother was only 16-years-old when she was born.
- She is a huge fan of “Hit Me with Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar.
- Wilson had performed with rock band Alice in Chains during the VH1 Rock Honors.
- Wilson left her hometown of Pocahontas, IL with just $500 in her pocket to build a music career in Nashville in the year 1996.
- Wilson and John Rich wrote “Redneck Woman” an autobiographical song in which she celebrates her humble background.