Quick Facts Of Harvey Weinstein
Celebrated Name Harvey Weinstein Age 67 Years Nick Name Harvey Weinstein Birth Name Harvey Weinstein Birth Date 1952-03-19 Gender Male Profession Producer Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Flushing, New York City, New York Nationality American Father Max Weinstein Mother Miriam Weinstein Ethnicity Ashkenazi Religion Jewish Siblings 1 Brothers 1; Bob Horoscope Pisces High School John Bowne High School University University at Buffalo Height 1.83 m Weight Will Update Soon Body Measurement Will Update Soon Eye Color Dark Brown Hair Color Dark Brown Awards Academy Awards, Britannia Awards, Gotham Awards, GLAAD Media Award, British Independent Film Awards and Saturn Award Marital Status Married Spouse Ex: Eve Chilton, Georgina Chapman Children Remy (born 1995), Emma (born 1998), Ruth (born 2002), India Pearl, Dashiell Sexual Orientation Straight Net Worth $250 Milion Salary Will Update Soon Source of Wealth Films
An American former film producer is named for Harvey Weinstein. He and his brother Bob Weinstein co-founded the entertainment company Miramax, which produced several successful independent films, including Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989), The Crying Game (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994), Heavenly Creatures (1994), Flirting with Disaster (1996), and Shakespeare in Love (1998). He has also won an Academy Award for producing Shakespeare in Love and garnered seven Tony Awards for a variety of plays and musicals, including The Producers, Billy Elliot the Musical, and August: Osage County. On 25th May 2018, he was arrested in New York, charged with rape and other offenses, and released on bail.
Gwyneth Paltrow Derided By Harvey Weinstein As Her Pivotal Role In Producer’s Downfall Revealed In New Book
On the day that Harvey Weinstein’s trial for rape was supposed to have started in New York City before being postponed, the much-accused producer’s team Monday tried to damn Gwyneth Paltrow in the court of public opinion for her role in his downfall. “Gwyneth Paltrow comes from Hollywood royalty,” a spokesperson for Weinstein told Deadline today after more details of the Shakespeare in Love star’s role in coming forward were unveiled by New York Times reporters and She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement author, Megan Twohey, and Jodi Kantor. “Her father was a top producer, her mother a famous actor, her godfather is Steven Spielberg,” Weinstein’s rep offered of Paltrow, who was one of the first Hollywood stars to go public with being harassed or assaulted by Weinstein after the initial NYT exposé broke on October 5, 2017. “She didn’t need to make movies with Harvey Weinstein; she wanted to, and she won top awards and was the top-paid female actor for nearly a decade, with Weinstein.”
Weinstein was first arrested in late May 2018 on two counts of predatory sexual assault, one count of the criminal sexual act in the first degree and one count each of first-degree rape and third-degree rape. Subject to travel restrictions reinforced last August 7, the 67-year-old Oscar-winning producer is out on $1 million bails after entering a not guilty plea on July 9 last year. Accused by Judd in a now temporarily halted case and failing to get a sex-trafficking class action tossed out, Weinstein is also facing allegations from more than 60 women that he sexually assaulted or sexually harassed them. In that vein, Weinstein is under investigation by federal prosecutors as well as probes by the Manhattan D.A.’s office, the NYPD, the LAPD and more globally. Additionally, a so-called $44 million “global settlement” announced in May over the claims of dozens of women against Weinstein seems to have disappeared in a howl of dust after various accusers became publicly upset over the hefty sums being paid out to lawyers and other reps for the now-defunct board of the bankrupt The Weinstein Company.
Early Life of Harvey Weinstein
Harvey Weinstein was born on 19th March 1952 in Flushing, the USA to Max and Miriam Weinstein, his parents. His father, Max Weinstein, was a diamond cutter, while his mother, Miriam Weinstein (née Postel), later served as a receptionist in her sons’ company Miramax. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Jewish. He is the eldest son of his parents and has a brother named Bob with whom he grew up in a housing co-op named Electchester in New York City. The brothers used to watch movies in the theatre during Saturday afternoons, which spurred their drive to enter the film industry later. He attended John Bowne High School in Flushing and then enrolled into the State University of New York at Buffalo from where he graduated in 1973.
Body Measurements of Harvey Weinstein
Harvey is a very handsome person with a charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 5 ft 9 in with the balanced bodyweight of 79 Kg. His bicep size is 14 in and his body measurements are 44-32-35 in. His shoe size is 8 US.
Career of Harvey
- Harvey Weinstein launched a concert promotion business with his brother Bob and Corky
- In the 1970s, Weinstein and his brother Bob and Corky establish the small independent film distribution company Miramax, which was named after their parents, Miriam and Max.
- The company’s first releases were primarily music-oriented concert films such as Paul McCartney’s Rockshow.
- In the early 1980s, the company “Miramax” bought the rights to two British films made for the human rights organization, Amnesty International, and merged those into one movie adapted for the American audience.
- The film, released as ‘The Secret Policeman’s Other Ball’ in May 1982 which became their first commercially successful venture and raised a large number of funds for Amnesty International.
- After that, the company released a number of art-house films which earned praise from critics and were also moderately successful commercially.
- Later, Miramax gained nationwide publicity following the success of Errol Morris’s 1988 documentary, ‘The Thin Blue Line’, which resulted in the release of Randall Dale Adams, a man wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to death.
- In the year 1989, the company released Steven Soderbergh’s drama film ‘Sex, Lies, and Videotape’, which was a huge hit and raised Miramax to the status of the most successful independent studio in America.
- Two art-house films released that year, ‘The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover’ and ‘Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!’, which received X-ratings from MPAA, following which Weinstein unsuccessfully sued the rating board.
- Miramax continued to grow its library of films and directors until, in 1993, after the success of The Crying Game, Disney offered the Weinsteins $80 million for ownership of Miramax.
- In the year 1994, the executive produced the Quentin Tarantino-directed blockbuster ‘Pulp Fiction’ and also distributed the popular independent film ‘Clerks’. While ‘Pulp Fiction’ had managed to earn an ‘Academy Award for Best Picture’ nomination, the company won its first Oscar in 1997 for the film ‘The English Patient’.
- He then produced a number of ‘Academy Award’ nominated films, such as ‘Good Will Hunting’, ‘The Cider House Rules’, ‘The Lord of the Rings: I and II’, ‘The Aviator’, and ‘Finding Neverland’.
- The films ‘Chicago’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’ won the ‘Academy Award for Best Picture’.
- The Weinstein brothers left Miramax in September 2005 and founded the production company, ‘The Weinstein Company’, along with many media personalities connected to Miramax, like directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, and Colin Vaines.
- From his new company, he produced films like ‘The King’s Speech’ and ‘The Artist’, which won the ‘Academy Award’, and ‘The Reader’, ‘Inglourious Basterds’ and ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, which were nominated for the prestigious award.
- In February 2011, filmmaker Michael Moore took legal action against the Weinstein brothers, claiming he was owed $2.7 million in profits for his documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004).
- In February 2012, Moore dropped the lawsuit for an undisclosed settlement.
- In the aftermath of the sexual misconduct allegations against Weinstein, the company was forced into bankruptcy, with Lantern Entertainment purchasing all assets in 2018.
- The company was shut down on 16th July 2018 and the website sometime thereafter.
Sexual Assault Allegations
- In an expose published on 5th October 2017 in ‘The New York Times’, Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey accused Harvey Weinstein of sexually harassing a number of women during the past three decades.
- The article reported that he had paid off settlements to actresses Ashley Judd in 1996 and Rose McGowan in 1997, Italian model Ambra Battilana in 2015, and many female employees of Miramax and Weinstein Company.
- On 10th October 2017, ‘The New Yorker’ reported that Weinstein had assaulted or harassed 13 women, raping three of them, and released a secretly recorded audio-tape in which he admits to groping model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez.
- While Weinstein’s representatives have denied all the claims, many celebrities, including actresses Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Judith Godreche and Katherine Kendall, have come out to accuse him of making unwanted sexual advances.
- In October 2017, he was fired by the board of his own company, The Weinstein Company, where he was the co-chairman with his brother since 2005.
- Around the same time, his second wife, Georgina Chapman, announced her decision to leave him.
- On 25th May 2018, Weinstein was charged by New York police with “rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women”.
- Weinstein was later released after $1 million bails was posted on his behalf.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
Harvey is a married person and he has been married twice in his lifetime. He married his assistant Eve Chilton in 1987 and later the couple divorced in the year 2004. They had three daughters: Remy (previously Lily) (born 1995), Emma (born 1998), and Ruth (born 2002).
After that, he married English fashion designer and actress Georgina Chapman in 2007. They have a daughter, India Pearl (born 2010), and a son, Dashiell (born 2013). On 10th October 2017, Chapman announced she was leaving Weinstein after the sexual harassment accusations. As of today, he is living a single life without any disturbances.
Net Worth of Harvey Weinstein
Harvey is a very talented and successful film producer. The net worth of Harvey is estimated to have between $240 Million to $300 Million. His exact salary has not been revealed yet and it will be added soon. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.