Quick Facts Of Helen Hunt
Celebrated Name Helen Hunt Age 56 Years Nick Name Helen Birth Name Helen Elizabeth Hunt Birth Date 1963-06-15 Gender Female Profession Actor Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Culver City, California Nationality American Ethnicity mixed(English-German-Jewish) Horoscope Gemini Best Known For for her role as Jamie Buchman in the sitcom, “Mad About You” Mother Jane Elizabeth Novis Father Gordon Hunt Siblings 1 Sisters Colleen Hunt Grand Parents Dorothy Fries High School Providence High School Marital Status Married and Divorced Husband Hank Azaria(1999-2000) Boyfriend Matthew Carnahan, Adam Guettel, Matthew Broderick, Doc O’Conner, and Eric Stoltz Children 2 Son Emmett Carnahan Daughter Makena Lei Net Worth $55 million Salary $6 million Body Build/Type Slim Body Shape Hourglass Height 5ft. 8inches(1.73 m) Weight 59kg(130lbs) Body Measurement 36-25-35 inches Bra Cup Size 34 B Shoe Size 8(US) Dress Size 2(US) Hair Color Golden Brown Eye Color Green Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian Career Start 1973 A.D.
Helen Hunt is an American actress, director, and screenwriter who is best known as an actor for her role as Jamie Buchman in the sitcom, “Mad About You”. Hunt has won several awards for her highly acclaimed performances which include three “Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a Television Series”, four “Emmy Awards(Primetime) for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series” and “Academy Award for Best Actress”. Hunt is also known for her performance in the romantic comedy, “As Good as It Gets”(1997).
What is Helen Hunt Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Jamie Buchman in the sitcom, “Mad About You”.
When and Where was Helen Hunt Born?
Helen Hunt was born on June 15, 1963, in Culver City, California, United States. Her birth name is Helen Elizabeth Hunt. Her nationality is American. Hunt belongs to mixed(English-German-Jewish) ethnicity while Gemini is her zodiac sign.
Helen Hunt was born to a family with a filmy background as her maternal grandmother, Dorothy Fries, was a voice coach and her uncle Peter H. Hunt, is also a director. Helen is the daughter of Jane Elizabeth Novis(mother) and Gordon Hunt(father). Her mother Jane was a photographer while her father was director, actor, writer and producer.
Helen Hunt was raised along with her sister, Colleen Hunt. When Helen was 3, her family moved to New York City as his father got work at the theatre there. Helen was always interested in acting because of his father’s background as she even played as a child several times a week at the theatre.
Helen attended Providence High School, Burbank, California and then briefly joined UCLA. Besides, Helen also studied ballet.
When Did Helen Hunt Start Her Career?
- Helen Hunt started her professional career as a child actor in the 1973 television movie, “Pioneer Woman”.
- Hunt also appeared with the role of Murray Slaughter’s daughter on one episode of the sitcom, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” in 1970.
- Hunt made her feature film debut in 1977 with the hit film, “Rollercoaster”.
- Hunt appeared in several television series, “The Swiss Family Robinson”, “Amy Prentiss”, “The Fitzpatricks” and “It takes two” when she was a teenager.
- Hunt then got a recurring role on the medical melodrama, “St. Elsewhere” in 1982 and TV movie, “Quarterback Princess” in 1983.
- She also had supporting roles in films, “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”(1985), “Peggy Sue Got Married”(1986), “The Waterdance”(1992) and “Mr. Saturday Night”(1992).
- Helen got a breakthrough role as Jamie Buchman on the TV sitcom, “Mad About You” in 1992.
- She even earned three “Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a Television Series” and four “Emmy Awards(Primetime) for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series” for her performance in “Mad About You”.
- Helen then played the role of Dr. Jo Harding in the highly acclaimed drama film, “Twister” in 1996.
- Her role as Carol Connelly in the 1997 film, “As Good as it Gets” earned her an Academy Award for Best Actress.
- In 1998, she appeared on The Simpsons episode “Dumbbell Indemnity”, and as Viola in the acclaimed production of Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night”.
- Helen then played in the 2000 hit films, “What Women Want”, “Dr. T and the Women”, “Cast Away” and “Play It Forward”.
- In 2001, Hunt co-starred in Woody Allen’s detective comedy, “The Curse of the Jade Scorpion”.
- Hunt starred in the drama “A Good Woman”(2004), “Life x 3″(2003), “Bobby”(2006), “Every Day”(2010) and “Soul Surfer”(2011).
- In 2007, Hunt made her directorial film debut with the dramatic comedy, “Then She Found Me”.
- In 2012, she starred in the well-received drama, “The Sessions” and in drama, “Decoding Annie Parker” in 2013.
- Hunt wrote, directed and starred in the 2014 comedy “Ride”.
- Hunt played the role of Kathy Bresnahan in the 2018 drama film, “The Miracle Season”.
- In 2019, Hunt played as Nancy Campbell in the BBC series, “World on Fire”.
Who is Helen Hunt Married to?
The beautiful actress, Helen Hunt has married twice to date. Hunt previously dated actor Hank Azaria in 1994. Later, on July 17, 1999, Hunt and Azaria got married but their relationship couldn’t last long and 17 months later they divorced. Helen then started dating Matthew Carnahan, a producer, writer, and director in 2001.
Carnahan and Hunt together have two children: a son, Emmett Carnahan(1998) and a daughter, Makena Lei(2004). The couple, however, got split in August 2017. Besides, Hunt had dated lyricist Adam Guettel, actor Matthew Broderick, Doc O’Conner, and actor Eric Stoltz previously.
How Much Does Helen Hunt Earn?
The 56 years old, Helen Hunt has quite a great earning through her professional career as a successful actress. Hunt has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through her several hit movies and T shows. Hunt enjoys her fortune which is estimated to be around $55 million with her annual income of $6 million.
Hunt was given a salary of $1 million for her role in the highly acclaimed hit series, “Mad About You”. She even had bought an apartment worth $2.75 million, in Manhattan.
How Tall is Helen Hunt?
Helen Hunt is a beautiful actress who has a well maintained slim body physique. Hunt stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inches(1.73 m) while her body weighs around 59 kg. She has an hourglass body figure with a measurement of 36-25-35 inches.
Hunt has a shoe size of 8(US), a dress size of 2(US) and a bra size of 34 B. Hunt has a fair complexion with golden-brown hair and green eyes.