Quick Facts Of Jeff Daniels
Celebrated Name Jeff Daniels Age 64 Years Nick Name Jeff Birth Name Jeffrey Warren Daniels Birth Date 1955-02-19 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Clarke Country, Georgia Nationality American Ethnicity White Religion Christian Horoscope Pisces Mother Marjorie J. Father Robert Lee Daniels Siblings John Daniels University Central Michigan University Marital Status Married Spouse Kathleen Rosemary Treado Children Benjamin, Lucas, and Nellie Height 6 feet 3 inches Net Worth $45 Million Salary $150 K per episode Awards Two Emmy Awards, Screen Actors Guild and Tony Award nominations Source of Wealth Acting Career Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook
There are certain actors whose names you see on the cast list of a film or TV show and you immediately know that it’s a good project. That effect is not about their name or popularity, but their track record of attaching themselves to strong quality projects and their own consistency of chewing every scene they find themselves in. Simply put, they are the masters of the art. They are the ones whose performances truly take you beyond your immediate environment and transport you into their world. There are not many actors or actresses who exist in that plane anymore but thankfully, we still have Jeffrey Warren Daniels, more famously known as Jeff Daniels. Read below to learn more about the film and TV star.
What is Jeff Daniels Famous for?
- An American actor, musician, and playwright.
- Has won two Emmy Awards and received Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, and Tony Award nominations.
Who are the parents of Jeff Daniels?
Back to his early life, Jeff Warren Daniels was born in Athens, Georgia to Robert Lee Daniels and Marjorie J. as a Jeffrey Warren Daniels. His father was a teacher as well as the owner of a lumber company. A few weeks after his birth, his family moved to Michigan. There isn’t a lot of information available regarding his brother, John Daniels. We do, however, know they grew up working in a lumber company that their father owned.
Concerning his education, He attended the Central Michigan University and was involved with the school’s theater program as well. However, in his junior year itself, he decided to drop out. He moved to New York to work with the Circle Repertory Company.
When did Jeff Daniels pursue his acting career?
- Jeff Daniels made his stage debut with the play ‘Fifth of July’ in 1976. After that, he acted in several other plays such as ‘Lemon Sky’ for which he received a Drama Desk Award for Best Supporting Actor, and ‘Johnny Got His Gun’ for which he won an ‘Obie Award.’
- His made his film debut with a supporting role in the 1981 American drama ‘Ragtime’, which was directed by Miloš Forman. The film starred actors such as James Cagney, Fran Drescher, and Frankie Faison.
- His next appearance was in 1983 in the Oscar award-winning movie ‘Terms of Endearment’, a comedy-drama, in which he played a supporting role. His next movie was ‘The Purple Rose of Cairo’, a 1985 American romantic comedy, which was written and directed by Woody Allen. The film won several awards and earned Daniels a nomination for the Golden Globe Awards.
- Jeff Daniels earned more fame and success in the 1990s, appearing in several hit films such as the horror comedy ‘Arachnophobia’ (1990), the sci-fi movie ‘Timescape’ (1992), the well-known hit comedy ‘Dumb and Dumber’ (1994) for which he earned massive fame, the family drama ‘Fly Away Home’ (1996), and the comedy-drama ‘Pleasantville’ (1998).
- Over the next decade, he continued to appear in several successful movies such as ‘The Hours’ a 2002 British American drama film, ‘The Lookout’ a 2007 American crime film, and ‘Howl’, a 2010 American experimental film.
- He appeared in the lead role in the American TV political drama ‘The Newsroom’ which premiered on HBO on 24 June 2012. Daniels appeared as a character named Will McAvoy, who is both an anchor and managing editor of a news network named ‘News Night’. His role was widely appreciated and earned him the Primetime Emmy Award as well as four other award nominations.
- In 2014, he appeared in ’Dumb and Dumber To’, which was the sequel to the 1994 hit movie ‘Dumb and Dumber’. Though it was reviewed negatively by critics, it turned out to be a huge commercial success, grossing nearly $ 170 million worldwide.
- Some of his recent works are ‘The Martian’, a 2015 American sci-fi film, and ‘The Divergent Series: Allegiant’ a 2016 sci-fi adventure film, which is the last installment of the well-known Divergent series
- In 2018, Daniels starred as Atticus Finch, reuniting with Aaron Sorkin with his play adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird. The play opened on Broadway at the Shubert Theatre. The production began previews on November 1, 2018, prior to an official opening on December 13, 2018. During the week ending on December 23, 2018, the production grossed over $1.5 million, breaking the record for box office grosses for a non-musical play in a theater owned by The Shubert Organization. Daniels received his third Tony Award nomination for Best Actor in a Play. The show received 8 other Tony Award Nominations.
- Beside Acting, Daniels has focused on recording a number of songs that he has written throughout his life, apparently marking key moments. He has kept busy with frequent gigs and six full-length albums, Jeff Daniels Live and Unplugged, Jeff Daniels Live at The Purple Rose Theater, Grandfather’s Hat, Keep It Right Here, Together Again, and Days Like These. Proceeds from the album sales benefit The Purple Rose Theater.
- Daniels was featured on the cover of the April–May 2011 issue of Guitar Aficionado magazine as well as the July–August 2011 issue of Making Music, where he discussed his experiences with music.
What Awards has Jeff Daniels won?
Jeff Daniels has won several awards in his career. Some of are the Saturn Award for Best Actor in 1991 for his role in ‘Arachnophobia’, International Fantasy Film Award for Best Actor in 1992 for his role in ‘Timescape,’ and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Actor for his role in ‘The Newsroom’ in 2013. He has earned numerous award nominations as well throughout his career.
Is Jeff Daniels married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting his personal life, Jeff Daniels is a simple man who has managed to stay married to his college sweetheart, Kathleen Rosemary Treado. The couple met in Michigan and have been in love with each other ever since. The two got married in 1979 and have three children named Benjamin, Lucas, and Nellie. The family lives in Chelsea, Michigan at present. The couple lives the blissful life with their children without the rumors of divorce.
How much net worth does Jeff Daniels own?
Jeff Daniels has a known net worth of $45 million. His filmography is laden with a number of commercially successful projects and his award recognition has made his appearances in film or television projects a valuable one. He reportedly gets paid $150k per episode of television.
How tall is Jeff Daniels?
Observing his body statistics, Jeff is a physically intimidating man; his physique puts him at a height of 6 feet 3 inches and he spots a medium-large body that makes him a force in a room. His great use of his body in commanding a scene has also helped in establishing him as a top actor. There is currently no information on the actor’s weight and his other body information. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Founder of the Purple Rose Theatre Company in Chelsea, Michigan, named after Woody Allen’s The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985) in which he starred.
- Is the proud owner of a Gulf Stream Tour Master he calls “The Bus”. Occasionally when he pulls into his driveway after a tiresome journey, he’ll sleep in the bus for the night. He doesn’t believe that you can call yourself a true American until you’ve been behind the wheel of an RV.
- Early in his career as a struggling Off-Broadway actor, Jeff was earning $125 per week.