Quick Facts Of Jeff Goldblum
Celebrated Name Jeff Goldblum Age 67 Years Nick Name Jeff Birth Name Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum Birth Date 1952-10-22 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth West Homestead, Pennsylvania Nationality American Ethnicity Austrian-Jewish and Russian-Jewish Horoscope Libra Best Known For His role in “Jurassic Park” and “Independence Day”. Father Harold Leonard Goldblum Mother Shirley Jane Goldblum Siblings 3 Brothers Rick(died at 23 due to kidney failure) and Lee Sisters Pamela Goldblum High School Taylor Allderdice High School University Carnegie Mellon University Marital Status Married Married Date November 8, 2014 Spouse Emilie Livingston, Patricia Gaul(1980-86), and Geena Davis(1987-90) Girl Friend Lydia Hearst, Tania Raymonde, Nicole Richie, Catherine Wreford, Kristin Davis, Lisa Marie and Lisa Pittman Children 2 Son Charlie Ocean(b. July 4, 2015) and River Joe(b. April 7, 2017). Net Worth $40 million Body Build/Type slim Height 6ft. 4inches(1.94m) Weight 89kg(197 lbs) Body Measurement 42-14-35 inches Bicep Size 14 inches Shoe Size 11(US) Dress Size 12(US) Hair Color White-Black Eye Color Brown Sexual Orientation Straight
Jeff Goldblum is an American actor and musician who is named among the highest-paid actors in the world. Goldblum has starred in many of the highest-grossing films of his era including “Jurassic Park”(1993) and “Independence Day”(1996). Goldblum has also starred in several TV series, including the 8th and 9th seasons of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” as Zack Nichols.
What is Jeff Goldblum Known as?
- Famous for his role in movies like “Jurassic Park” and “Independence Day”.
Where is Jeff Goldblum From?
Jeff Goldblum was born on October 22, 1952, in West Homestead, Pennsylvania, United States. His birth name is Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum. His nationality is Amerian. Goldblum belongs to Austrian-Jewish and Russian-Jewish descent. Libra is his zodiac sign.
Jeff was born to a Jewish family to Harold Leonard Goldblum(father) and Shirley Jane Goldblum(mother). His father was a medical doctor and major in the U.S. Army during World War II while his mother was a radio broadcaster who even had run a kitchen equipment and appliances sales firm back then. His parents were interested in show business. Jeff was raised along with his three siblings: two older brothers, Rick(died at 23 due to kidney failure) and Lee and a sister, Pamela.
Jeff was a member of an Orthodox synagogue and had a bar mitzvah ceremony in his childhood. He attended the Taylor Allderdice High School in Pittsburgh. He then joined Carnegie Mellon University to take drama classes with a dream to be an actor.
He had a passion for acting since his childhood. He moved to New York City at 17 to become an actor. Jeff worked on the stage and also studied acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse under the guidance of acting coach Sanford Meisner.
Jeff made his Broadway debut in the musical “Two Gentlemen of Verona” which earned a Tony Award. Besides, Jeff is an accomplished jazz pianist.
Jeff Goldblum Career Highlights
- Goldblum made his first film debut as a home-invading thug in the film “Death Wish” in 1974.
- He briefly appeared as a protester in the TV movie, “Columbo: A Case of Immunity” in 1975.
- Goldblum made his breakout career after he appeared in the film, “Jurassic Park” in 1993. The movie was one of the highest-grossing movies at the time.
- He appeared in lead roles in films like “The Fly”(1986), “Earth Girls Are Easy”, “The Tall Guy”, “Vibes”(1988) and “Into the Night”(1985).
- Goldblum appeared in movies including “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”(1978), “The Big Chill”(1983), and “Independence Day”(1996).
- Goldblum also taught acting at Playhouse West in North Hollywood out of where he improvised and directed the live-action short film, “Little Surprises”, which was nominated for an Academy Award in 1996.
- Goldblum got the role of Adam in the film adapted to a novel, “Adam Resurrected”(2008).
- In 2006, Goldblum became one of the founders of a new theater company in New York called “The Fire Dept”.
- Goldblum appeared with the role of Zack Nichols in the 8th and 9th seasons of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”.
- In 2014, Goldblum appeared in an episode of “Last Week Tonight” with his role in Law & Order and in the movie “The Grand Budapest Hotel”.
- In November 2015, he joined the ensemble cast of Shane Carruth’s third film, “The Modern Ocean”.
- In 2017, he played the role of The Grandmaster in the Marvel superhero film, “Thor: Ragnarok”.
- In 2018, he reprised his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm in the film, “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”.
- Goldblum appeared in several other movies in 2018 including “Hotel Artemis”, “The Mountain”, “Isle of Dogs”.
- He appeared in several series including Tom Goes to the Mayor(2004), The Colbert Report(2005), “Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!”, and “Portlandia”.
- Goldblum has his jazz band named “The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra”. On May 28, 2018, Billboard announced that Jeff had signed to Decca Records.
- On November 9, 2018, his first debut song titled “The Capitol Studios Sessions” was released.
- On November 12, 2019, Disney’s show, “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” featuring Jeff Goldblum will be launched on the streaming service.
Who is Jeff Goldblum Married to?
Jeff Goldblum has been married thrice throughout his entire life. Goldblum first got married to Patricia Gaul. Gaul is an actress and together the couple had appeared in “Silverado”(1985). The couple got married in 1980 but soon after 6 years of marriage, the couple got divorced in 1986.
In 1987, he got married to his second wife, Geena Davis. Davis is also an actress and activist. Davis and Goldblum together have done three-movie, “Transylvania 6-5000”, “The Fly”, and “Earth Girls Are Easy”. The couple, however, divorced in 1990.
In 2014, Goldblum got engaged to Emilie Livingston. Emilie is a Canadian Olympic gymnast and 30 years younger than Goldblum. The couple got married on November 8, 2014. The couple together has two sons: Charlie Ocean(b. July 4, 2015) and River Joe(b. April 7, 2017).
Previously he dated several ladies including Lydia Hearst, Tania Raymonde, Nicole Richie, Catherine Wreford, Kristin Davis, Lisa Marie, and Lisa Pittman. Currently, Goldblum is living a happy life with his wife and children.
What is the net worth of Jeff Goldblum?
Jeff Goldblum has a great earning through his professional career as an actor. Goldblum has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through his several highest-grossing films and series and endorsement deals. Goldblum has an estimated net worth of $40 million. He is ranked to be one of the highest-paid actors.
Goldblum has his fashion line called “Jeff Goldblum Seduction”. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants and even has launched his own brand of Vodka. With all the fortune in a million dollars, he must be living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Jeff Goldblum?
The 67 years old evergreen actor, Jeff Goldblum has quite a maintained slim body physique. Goldblum stands tall with a height of 6ft. 4inches(1.94m) while his body weighs around 89kg(197 lbs). Goldblum has a body measurement of 42-14-35 inches with 14 inches as his biceps size, 11(US) as his shoe size and 12(US) as his dress size.
Goldblum has a fair complexion with White-black hair and brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- Goldblum has worked in many of the highest-grossing films of his era.
- He has worked alongside Will Smith in film, “Independence Day”.
- His older brother, Rick died at 23 due to kidney failure.
- His current wife, Emilie Livingston is 30 years older than him.