Quick Facts Of Jeff Probst
Celebrated Name Jeff Probst Age 58 Years Nick Name Jeff, The One Take Wonder Birth Name Jeffrey Lee Probst Birth Date 1961-11-04 Gender Male Profession TV Host Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Wichita, Kansas Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Scorpio Religion Christianity High School Newport High School University Seattle Pacific University Marital Status Married Spouse Shelley Wright (M. 1996; Div. 2001) and Lisa Ann Russell (M. 2011 to present) Children Two Son Michael Charles Daughter Ava Loren Father Jerry Probst Mother Barbara Probst Siblings Two Brothers Scott Probst and Brent Probst Height 5 feet 11 inches Weight 77 Kg Eye Color Blue Hair Color Dark Brown Net Worth $40 Million Salary $8 Million Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Jeff Probst is famously known as the long-term host of Survivor. The series, which challenges the physical and mental prowess of contestants, is regarded as one of the greatest TV shows of all time and this reputation is partly due to Probst. His polished and funny personality, as well as his button-down shirts, have endeared him to viewers over the years. His talented has also fetched him several awards and contributed to the show’s longevity. Let’s know more about the accomplished media personality through this article.
Who are the parents of Jeff Probst?
Jeff Probst was born in Wichita, Kansas, United States America. He is the son of Jerry and Barbara Probst, and he grew up in Bellevue, Washington. He has two lovely brothers named Scott Probst and Brent Probst. He holds American citizenship and belongs to the white ethnic group. His birth sign is Scorpio.
After graduating from Newport High School in 1979, he later moved to Seattle Pacific University and he worked as a producer and narrator of marketing videos at Boeing Motion Picture or Television studio.
When did Jeff Probst begin to start hosting?
- Talking about his career, Jeff Probst hosted the VH1 series Rock and Roll jeopardy from 1998-2001. In 2001, he was a correspondent for the syndicated program Access Hollywood. He also wrote and directed his first feature film called Finders Fee and that was in 2001.
- He often contributes to Jeopardy, and he has twice appeared on Celebrity Jeopardy, first in 2001 and again in 2003. He was a frequent guest star on the sketch show MADtv, guest featuring once a season since the shows 9th season.
- He made a guest appearance in a 2003 episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast on Cartoon Network. He established The Serpentine Project in 2007. On 20 October 2008, TV Guide reported that he is developing a new reality TV series for CBS called Live for the Moment, which will feature people with terminal illnesses.
- He appeared on the CBS reality television special I Get That a Lot on April 1, 2009, where he worked as a cash register. He also appeared as himself on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother in October 2001.
- At the beginning of 2012, he announced he would be directing another feature film called Kiss Me, featuring John Corbett and Sarah Bolger.
- He also hosted The Jeff Probst Show, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by CBS Television Distribution on 10th September 2012. He teamed up with Christopher Tebbetts to release the first of Scholastic’s adventure series Standard in February 2013, which intended for middle school students.
- In December 2016, Probst appeared as himself on the sitcom Life in Pieces, in the episode “Swim Survivor Zen Talk”. Since 2000, he has been the host of the highly popular reality show Survivor.
Who is Jeff Probst married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Jeff is married to Lisa Ann Russell, a model, and actress. He first met his wife at a party put together by Survivor producer, Mark Burnett. They later commenced a relationship and tied the knot on the 05th of December 2011 in L.A. Since they tied the knot, the couple has not only enjoyed marital bliss but also collaborated professionally. Russell co-hosted her husband’s short-lived talk show, The Jeff Probst Show in 2013.
It must be noted that the couple’s union marks the second marriage for each of them. The Survivor host was previously married to the psychotherapist, Shelly Wright, from 1996 to 2001. Russell, on the other hand, was married to actor Mark Gosselaar. Their union lasted from 1996 to 2010 and produced two children; son, Michael Charles, and daughter, Ava Loren. He has disclosed that he is quite close to the kids and that they even call him dad.
What is the net worth of Jeff Probst?
Being an American game show host and an executive producer, Jeff earns a decent amount of money and popularity through his profession. Based on online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $40 million at present and his annual salary is somewhere around $8 million.
How tall is Jeff Probst?
Observing his body statistics, Jeff stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs around 77 Kg. He has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Jeff’s first job was at Boeing where he produced sales and marketing videos.
- He has taken the torch snuffer from every season of Survivor (2000) as a personal souvenir.