Quick Facts Of Jennifer Lawrence
Celebrated Name Jennifer Lawrence Age 29 Years Nick Name Lawrence Birth Name Jennifer Shrader Lawrence Birth Date 1990-08-15 Gender Female Profession Actress Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Louisville, Kentucky, USA Nationality American Ethnicity English, German, Irish, Scottish, and French Father Gary Lawrence Mother Karen Lawrence Siblings Ben and Blaine Brothers 2 Sisters 0 Horoscope Leo Religion Christian High School Kammerer Middle School in Louisville Height 5 Feet and 9 Inches Weight 63 Kg Body Measurement 35-26-36 inches Bra Cup Size 32C Eye Color Blue Hair Color Blonde Shoe Size 10.5 (US) Dress Size 6 (US) Marital Status Engaged Boyfriend Cooke Maroney Sexual Orientation Straight Children 0 Net Worth 110 million dollars Salary Will Update Soon Source of Wealth Acting Career
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, popular by the name Jennifer Lawrence is an American actress. Starting her career in 2006, she became the highest paid actress in the world for two years in 2015 and 2016. The 2010 film Winter’s Bone was her breakthrough film and she earned recognition after starring as the mutant Mystique in X-Men series. She became one of the most popular actresses after she starred as Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games film series. Her success in the Hunger Games franchise made her the highest-grossing action heroine of all time. Her other most successful movies are Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle, Joy, Passengers, and Red Sparrow.
Her upcoming projects are X-Men film, Dark Phoenix, It’s What I Do: A Photographer’s Life of Love and War and Bad Blood. She will also produce and star in the film adaptation of Hannah Kent’s novel, Burial Rites.
The Hunger Games Star, Jennifer Lawrence is engaged to Cooke Maroney
One of the most successful actresses in the world, Jennifer Lawrence, 28, has finally settled with Cooke Maroney, 33. He is the director of an art gallery of Gladstone 64. The Hunger Games star was reportedly seen with a massive ring oh her finger. They were spotted leaving a New York City restaurant.
The two previously started dating each other last summer in 2018.
- Her breakthrough film, Winter’s Bone.
- Her role as mutant Mystique in X-Men series.
- Her role as Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games franchise.
- Highest-grossing action heroine
- Highest-paid actress in 2015 and 2016.
Early Life, Place of Birth, Nationality, Parents, Siblings, Ethnicity, Religion, Horoscope, Education
Jennifer Lawrence was born on 15 August 1990. Her birth name is Jennifer Shrader Lawrence. She was born to a father, Gary Lawrence and a mother, Karen Lawrence. She belongs to white ethnicity. Her birth place is in Indian Hills, Kentucky in the United States. She holds American nationality. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She follows Christianity religion. Regarding siblings, she has two older brothers, Blaine and Ben Lawrence. While growing up, her mother did not allow her to play with other girls in preschool as she deemed her “too rough” with them. Her mother brought her up to be “tough” like her brothers.
She attended Kammerer Middle School in Louisville but did not receive a GED or a diploma as she dropped out of school at the age of 14. She was active in several school activities such as cheerleading, playing softball, field hockey, and basketball. Her father as a coach made her play basketball with boys. She was also fond of horseback riding. She has previously injured tailbone when she was being thrown from a horse. She often used to dress up as a clown or ballerina when her father worked from home.
She was 9 when she had her first acting assignment. She played the role of a prostitute in a church play. She was 14 when she was discovered by a talent scout on her family vacation to New York City. The scout arranged her to audition for talent agents. She signed with the CESD Talent Agency. She turned down several modeling assignments in order to focus on her acting career.
Career Start, Television Shows, Breakthrough, Winter’s Bone, X-Men Series, The Hunger Game Series, Silver Linings
She made her acting debut in a minor role in the television film, Company Town in 2006.
She later appeared in minor roles in television shows, Cold Case and Medium.
She got a regular role in the American sitcom, The Bill Engvall Show, that aired from 2007 to 2009 for three seasons.
She made her film debut in the 2008 drama film, Garden party. She also appeared in small roles in The Poker House and The Burning Plain in 2008.
Her breakthrough role came in the 2010 American mystery drama film, Winter’s Bone.
She then appeared in Like Crazy and The Beaver before getting a role in the X-Men series.
She landed the role of the mutant Mystique in the 2011 superhero film, X-Men: First Class. She portrayed the mutant role played by Rebecca Romijn in the series earlier films. The film became her career-highest-grossing film.
She later reprised the role of Mystique in the 2014 X-Men: Days of Future past and in the 2016 X-Men: Apocalypse.
One of her most successful characters is the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games franchise.
She starred as Katniss Everdeen in 2012 The Hunger Games. The film’s business came out successful, as it became the top-grossing film featuring a female lead. She also became the highest-grossing action heroine of all time.
She later reprised the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. The success of the film made her highest-paid actress.
In 2012, she appeared as Tiffany Maxwell in Silver Linings Playbook. It was one of her successful movies which earned her praises and accolades.
She later appeared in the House at the End of the Street, The Devil You Know, American Hustle, and Serena. American Hustle is another successful movie in her career.
After completing The Hunger Games franchise, she appeared in the 2015 Joy, 2016 Passengers, 2017 Mother!, and 2018 Red Sparrow.
She will appear in her fourth X-Men film, Dark Phoenix in 2019. She and stand-up comedian, Amy Schumer have written a screenplay for a film. She will star in a memoir It’s What I Do: A Photographer’s Life of Love and War, Bad Blood. She will produce and star in the film adaptation of Hannah Kent’s novel, Burial Rites.
In 2009, she won a Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Performer in a TV Series for her role as Lauren on the TBS sitcom, The Bill Engvall Show.
She won the Marcello Mastroianni Award for Best Emerging Actress for her role in the 2008 film, The Burning Plain at the Venice Film Festival.
Her breakthrough role in the 2010 Winter’s Bone earned her the National Board of Review Award for Breakthrough Performance. She also became the second youngest person to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress.
In 2012, her role in Silver Linings Playbook won her the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Actress making her the second youngest Best Actress winner, at 22.
She has won seven MTV Movie Awards, five for The Hunger Games series, and two for Silver Linings Playbook.
She has also won six People’s Choice Awards, three for The Hunger Games series, and three for the X-men series.
She has won a Satellite Award for Silver Linings Playbook and a Saturn Award for The Hunger Games.
Her supporting role as Rosalyn Rosenfeld in the 2013 American comedy crime drama, American Hustle won her the Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Her role in the 2015 film, Joy earned her third Golden Globe Award. She also became the youngest person to accrue four Oscar nominations.
Her role in X-Men: Apocalypse earned her Favorite Movie Actress at the 43rd People’s Choice Awards.
Personal Life, Relationship Status, Engaged, Fiance
The Hunger Games star is engaged. She got engaged to an art gallery director, Cooke Maroney. They got engaged in February 2019. They started their affairs in 2018.
Previously, she has dated several personalities in the entertainment industry. She dated X-Men co-star Nicholas Hoult from 2010 to 2014. She also dated director Darren Aronofsky from September 2016 to November 2017. She was also romantically linked with Graham Patrick Martin and Chris Maritn.
She has a pet cat named Shadow.
Body Measurements, Height, Weight, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe Size, Dress Size
Jennifer Lawrence stands at a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. She has a body weight of 139 lbs i.e. 63 kg. Her body measurements are 35-26-36 inches. She has a slim body build. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She wears a dress of size 6 (US) and shoe of size 10.5 (US).
Net Worth, Source of Income, Highest-Paid Actress, Gross Collection
The net worth of American actress is estimated at around $130 million, as of 2019. She was the highest-paid actress in the world in 2015 and 2016 earning $52 million and $46 million respectively. The Hunger Games grossed $690 million worldwide, whereas its sequel, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire grossed $865 million (Her highest-grossing film till date). The Hunger Games: Mocking Part 1 and Part 2 grossed over $650 million worldwide. Guinness World Records recognized her as the highest-grossing action heroine for starring in the Hunger Games series. As of 2018, her films have grossed over $5.7 billion worldwide.
Did You Know?
- Her father is a construction worker, whereas her mother us a summer camp manager.
- She had social anxieties while growing up, which later vanished after she started performing on the stage.
- Her mother initially wanted her to pursue a modeling career instead of an acting career.
- During the start of her acting career, she used to work as an assistant nurse at her mother’s camp in Louisville.
- Time magazine listed her in the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013.
- Forbes ranked her as the 50th most powerful actress.
- Elle labeled her the most powerful woman in the entertainment business.
- Entertainment Weekly named her the “Entertainer of the Year” in 2012 and in 2015.
- She was featured in Victoria’s Secret’s listing of the “Sexiest Up-and-Coming Bombshell” in 2011.
- People magazine named her Most Beautiful People in 2011 and 2013.
- She was Sexiest Women in the World by FHM in 2014.
- She was featured as Glamour’s best-dressed woman in their annual listing in 2014.
- In 2008, she has appeared in the 2009 music video, “The Mess I Made”.
- She lost weight and practiced yoga for her character in the X-Men: First Class. She had to undergo eight hours of makeup to transform herself into Mystique.
- She practiced yoga, archery, rock and tree climbing and hand-to-hand combat techniques for the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games franchise.
- During filming the underwater stunts of The Hunger Game: Catching Fire, she suffered from a brief hearing loss due to an ear infection.
- She sang the song “The Hanging Tree” from The Hunger Games franchise.
- She has appeared as guest host on Saturday Night Live in 2013 and in Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2017.
- She appeared as herself in the 2015 documentary Dior and I.
- She has narrated the 2016 documentary A Beautiful Planet.
- She took Ballet dancing classes for four months and learned to speak in a Russian accent for her role as Dominika Egorova in 2018 Red Sparrow.
- Her husky voice has made her popular among other celebrities.
- She can play the guitar very well.
- She is an outspoken feminist and has advocated for Planned Parenthood.
- She founded the Jennifer Lawerence Foundation in 2015. The foundation advocates for the Boys & Girls Clubs of American and the Special Olympics.
- She is a supporter of Planned Parenthood.
- She wrote an essay for the Lenny Letter in 2015 in which she criticized the gender pay gap in Hollywood.
- She criticized Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis in a 2015 interview with Vogue for her opposition to same-sex marriage.
- She strongly opposes Donald Trump’s presidency.
- She participated in the 2018 Women’s March in Los Angeles.
- In 2011, she became a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science.
- She has supported several charitable organizations including the World Food Programme, Feeding America, and the Thirst Project.
- She, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth of The Hunger Games partnered with the United Nations to publicize poverty and hunger.
- She raised more than $40,000 to benefit Saint Mary’s Center organizing an early screening of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in 2013.
- She partnered with the Chideo to raise funds for the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games by screening her 2014 film, Serena.
- She donated $2 million to the Kosair Children’s Hospital to set up a cardiac intensive care unit named after her foundation.
- She is a board member of Represent.US.
- She collaborated with 300 women in Hollywood to set up the Time’s Up initiative to protect women from harassment and discrimination.