Quick Facts Of Jessi Combs
Celebrated Name Jessi Combs Age 33 Years Nick Name Jessi Combs Birth Name Jessi Combs Birth Date 1986-02-19 Gender Female Profession Media Personality Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Rapid City, South Dakota Nationality American Ethnicity North American Horoscope Leo Education WyoTech Marital Status Unmarried Parents N/A Siblings N/A Height 5 feet 8 inches Weight 53 Kg Eye Color Blue Hair Color Blonde Body Measurement 34C-35-24 inches Net Worth $1 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth As a TV Host Sexual Orientation Straight Death Date 2019-08-27 Cause Of Death Car Accident Place Of Death Alvord Desert, Oregon, United States Links Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Jessi Combs was a gifted and talented American TV personality, metal fabricator and a professional race car driver which for many is quite puzzling simply because of the obvious, she is a woman! But when anyone, no matter their gender, is determined to develop their skill no matter what it may be, there is no limit to what they can accomplish. We take you through Comb’s story on how she got to the spotlight.
Racecar driver Jessi Combs, known as the ‘fastest woman on four wheels,’ dies while trying to beat the record
Racecar driver Jessi Combs, who earned the title of the “fastest woman on four wheels” after she set a record with a jet-powered car, died Tuesday while trying to beat a land speed record, officials said. Combs died Tuesday in Alvord Desert in southeast Oregon, the Harney County Sheriff’s Office said. She was 39. “She was a brilliant & too-notch builder, engineer, driver, fabricator, and science communicator, & strove every day to encourage others by her prodigious example,” said Adam Savage, former co-host of the TV show “Mythbusters.”
Combs appeared in multiple episodes of the show, while host Kari Byron was on maternity leave. She also appeared as a host in shows such as “All Girls Garage” and “Overhaulin’.” I’m so so sad, Jessi Combs has been killed in a crash. She was a brilliant & too-notch builder, engineer, driver, fabricator, and science communicator, & strove every day to encourage others by her prodigious example. She was also a colleague, and we are lesser for her absence. Combs became the fastest woman on four wheels in 2013 at the North American Eagle Supersonic Speed Challenger, when she set a record of 398 mph. In October, Combs set a new top speed of 483.2 mph in a shakedown run.
On Tuesday, she was attempting to go faster when she crashed. “On August 27, 2019, at approximately 4:00 PM the Harney County 911 Center received a call reporting that a jet car attempting to break a land speed record on the Alvord Desert had crashed leading to one fatality,” the sheriff’s office said. Her resume was full of firsts: the first woman to place at any Ultra4 event; the first woman to compete in The Race of Gentlemen event. Her dedication to women’s empowerment in the automotive industry was also significant. She has a line of women’s welding gear with Lincoln Electric, as well as an online collaborative dedicated to empowering and educating women through industrial skills, called the RealDeal.
Valerie Thompson, the first woman to exceed 300 mph on a motorcycle and the “fastest woman on two wheels” expressed grief on Twitter, posting photos of the two of them together. It’s with a heavy heart that I pass along the news that Jessi Combs passed away yesterday while attempting to break a land speed record. I also had the chance to attempt this record but it wasn’t my turn…this hits home for me. Godspeed, Jessi Combs. “It’s with a heavy heart that I pass along the news that Jessi Combs passed away yesterday while attempting to break a land speed record,” she wrote. “I also had the chance to attempt this record but it wasn’t my turn… this hits home for me. Godspeed, Jessi Combs.”
Where was Jessi Combs born?
Recalling her early life, Jessi Combs was born in Rapid City, South Dakota, United States. Combs belongs to an American nationality. However, the information about her parents is yet to be disclosed.
Regarding her education, Combs graduated from the WyoTech in 2004 where she studied Collision & Refinishing Core Program. Moreover, she further studied Street Rod Fabrication and Custom Fabrication and High-Performance Powertrain programs.
What was the profession of Jessi Combs?
- After graduation, Jessi began her career as a metal fabricator in 2005. She was hired by WyoTech marketing department along with other students to build up a car from the ground up in six months for SEMA show.
- In 2005, she was selected as a co-host of the reality television show Xtreme 4×4.
- She became popular in media after being selected for the show and she worked as the co-host of the show for four years. She retired as the co-host of the show in February 2008.
- In 2011, she gained media’s attention when she was appointed as the host of the television show “The List 1001 Car Things To Do Before You Die”.
- In 2012, she became the co-host of Discovery Channel’s show Overhaulin. She is also a popular car racer. She set an official land speed record of 392.954 mph while driving at Alvord desert in 2013.
- Along with hosting and racing, Combs is also a successful actress. She is famous for completing 39 episodes on the TV show All Girls Garage.
- She has appeared on various TV shows including Car Fix (2014) and MythBusters (2009). She has been very successful as a television personality and car race.
- In 2016, Combs broke her own record when she set a new top speed of 477.59 mph when driving the Other American Eagle. In 2016, she assumed the first position in King of the Hammers with the Savvy Off-Road group in the EMC Modified Class and a 2017 twelfth spot complete in the Unlimited Class driving a similar Stock Mod vehicle.
- In October 2019, Combs set a new top speed of 483.2 mph in a shakedown run.
Was Jessi Combs married or not?
Putting some lights toward her personal life, globally noted lady Jessi relationship status is single before her death. Jessi has persisted silent about her private life matters. Has Jessi been in love connection with someone or not that is a big question for all of her fans. Jessi is an alluring lady so it’s difficult to state that if she has dated anyone or not. The data concerning her connection and intimacy is still yet to get unveiled in media and people.
Since there are not many details available of her dating with anyone, Jessi is thought to be breathing single life at the current moment. Her sexual orientation is straight. There is a rumor that she had married but it was an incorrect rumor.
How much did Jessi Combs earn?
As of 2019, Jessi Combs had an estimated net worth of $1 million. Combs earns a decent amount of money from her television career. To date, Combs has hosted numbers of television shows. Analyzing her hard work and dedication, Combs’s net worth is sure to be increased in the upcoming days.
How tall was Jessi Combs?
Before she died, Jessi Combs has a height of 5 feet 8 inches. Her body weight is 53 kg. She has blonde hair and blue eye. Her body figure measures 24 inches for waist size, 35 inches for hip size. Her bra size is 34C.
Did You Know?
- On October 9, 2013, Jessi drove the North American Eagle (NaE) Supersonic Speed Challenger at the Alvord desert, claiming the women’s land speed record with an official run of 392.954 mph and a top speed of 440.709 mph.
- Died at the same venue where she set the women’s land speed record in 2013.