Quick Facts Of Jihadi Jack
Celebrated Name Jihadi Jack Age 24 Years Nick Name Jihadi Jack Birth Name Jack Abraham Letts Birth Date 1995 Gender Male Profession Terrorist Birth Nation England Place Of Birth Oxford, Oxfordshire Nationality Canadian-Britian Ethnicity White Best Known For A member of terrorist group, ISIS Father John Letts Mother Sally Lane Marital Status Married
Jack Abraham Letts is a British-born Muslim convert, who is alleged to be a member of the terrorist group, ISIS. He is popularly known as Jihadi Jack, the nickname given by the British media. Jihadi Jack was a dual Canadian-British nationality holder but now his British passport has been revoked by the UK Government.
- Parents of Jihadi Jack have been found guilty for one count of funding terrorism by sending their son money totaling £1,723 after their son Jack traveled to Syria at the age of 18, however, they will serve no jail time.
- Recently, in August 2019 The UK Government decided to revoke his British passport for which he claims it to be “No Big Deal”.
- Parents of Jack also have accused former home secretary Sajid Javid of being a “coward” for stripping their son of his British citizenship and leaving him in a “legal black hole”.
Jihadi Jack famous for?
- Jijabai Jack is famous as the British-born Muslim member of ISIL, of Syria.
Jihadi Jack’s Early Life: Parents/ Education?
Jihadi Jack was born in 1995, in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England. His birth name is Jack Abraham Letts. His nationality was Canadian-Britain and he used to hold dual Canadian-Britain citizenship. His ethnicity is White however, he is a Muslim.
Jack was born to John Letts(father) and Sally Lane(mother). His father, 58 is a Canadian organic farmer while his mother, 57 is a former Oxfam fundraising officer.
Jack attended Cherwell School. He was a popular kid growing up as he was a class-clown who gained friends by cracking jokes and making them laugh.
He converted to Islam and then he attended various local mosques and learned Arabic to read the Koran. He also had developed severe Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD) at that time.
Jack also traveled to Kuwait and Syria in 2014 during which he converted to Muslim.
Is Jihadi Jack a member of ISIS?
- Jack came up to the news on January 2016, when he was accused of joining the terrorist group ISIS.
- However, at that time he and his parents denied it to be true claiming it just a “search for truth”.
- He also had made a statement that he hated his parents as they didn’t believe in Allah and rejected the religion of truth.
- On 7 May 2017, Letts stated that he hated ISIS more than the Americans hate them.
- He was imprisoned by ISIS and his parents were also under restrictions imposed by the UK media.
- Later, he shared a photograph of himself in 2015 performing a one-finger salute associated with ISIS.
Under Kurdish Custody: ISIS?
- Letts was detained by the Kurdish YPG militia while he seeking to escape from the Battle of Raqqa/ ISIS-held territory.
- When he informed about getting in custody, his parents asked the British authorities to help him but they didn’t.
- In October 2017, Lett’s parents were in a seven-day hunger strike for their son and even launched a petition to “Secure the release of Jack Letts who is detained in northern Syria”.
- Throughout his imprisonment, the UK government refused to extradite him, a diplomatic situation in which the Canadian government has intervened.
- In 2018, an exclusive interview was taken with Letts where he requested the British Government to allow him to phone his parents.
- He is a kind person as he also mentioned that he would prefer if the two women who were in a similar situation at that time (Shamima Begum and Hoda Muthana) would be prioritized over his case.
- Recently, on 18 August 2019, the British government revoked Letts’ British citizenship. In response, Canadian Public Safety Minister Goodale described the move as a “unilateral action to off-load responsibilities,” leaving Canada responsible for further diplomatic assistance for Letts.
Parents of Jijadi Jack Behind the bars?
- On 9 June 2016, Letts’s parents appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, charged with funding terrorism.
- It was claimed that they had tried to send money to their son on three occasions from 2015 to 2016. However, they were released on conditional bail in June 2016.
- A trial was set for January 2017, but the case was delayed and again on 22 May 2019 the trail continued where the couple was found guilty of funding terrorism, and sentenced to 15 months imprisonment, suspended for 12 months on 21st June 2019.
- Lett’s parents also have accused former home secretary Sajid Javid of being a “coward” for stripping their son of his British citizenship and leaving him in a “legal black hole”.
Jijadi Jack’s Personal Life: Married/Children?
Jihadi Jack is a married person. He was married to a local woman in Syria in 2016. He also had a child with the woman with whom he has never met.
Jihadi Jack’s Body Measurements: Height/ Weight?
Jack has a slim body posture. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch (approx).
Did You Know?
- Jack had developed severe Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD) before.