Quick Facts Of Jon Cryer
Celebrated Name Jon Cryer Age 54 Years Nick Name Jon Cryer Birth Name Jonathan Niven Cryer Birth Date 1965-04-16 Gender Male Profession Screen Writer Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth New York City, New York Nationality American Best Known For For his role as Alan Haper on the CBS sitcom, “Two and a Half Men”. Father Donald David Cryer Mother Gretchen Cryer Grand Parents Rev. Donald W. Cryer Siblings 2 Sisters Robin and Shelly Cryer High School Bronx High School of Science College / University Royal Academy of Dramatic Art Marital Status Married Married Date June 2007 Spouse Sarah Trigger(m. 1999 & d. 2004) and Lisa Joyner Children 2 Son Charlie Austin Daughter Daisy(adopted) Net Worth $65 million Salary $659 thousand per episode Body Build/Type Average Height 5ft. 9inch.(1.75m) Weight 75kg(165 lbs) Eye Color Green Hair Color Bald Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian Horoscope Aries
Jon Cryer is an American actor, comedian, and television director who is popularly known for his role as Alan Haper on the CBS sitcom, “Two and a Half Men”. Cryer got his breakthrough role as Duckie in the film, “Pretty in Pink”. Cryer also received the “Hollywood Walk of Fame” for Television in 2011. Besides, Cryer is a two-time Primetime Emmy Award winner.
What is Jon Cryer Famous for?
- Famous as the popular actor, comedian, and director.
When and Where was Jon Cryer Born?
Jon Cryer was born on April 16, 1965, in New York City, New York, United States. His birth name is Jon Cryer. His nationality is American. Cryer belongs to White ethnicity and mixed European ancestry.while is his zodiac sign.
Jon Cryer was born in a business family. Cryer is the son of Donald David Cryer(father) and Gretchen Cryer(mother). His father is an actor and singer while his mother is a playwright, songwriter, actress, and singer. Cryer was raised along with his two sisters Robin and Shelly Cryer. His grandfather, Rev. Donald W. Cryer was also a well-known Methodist minister.
Cryer was always interested in acting as his parents both were actors and when he turned 12, he made his mind to be an actor. Cryer attended Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center where he was a friend with Boaz Yakin, a screenwriter, and director.
Cryer graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1983 however, he drops out his college and went to the “Royal Academy of Dramatic Art” in London, United Kingdom.
When Did Jon Cryer Start His Professional Career?
- Jon Cryer started his professional career after he made his first debut as David in the Broadway play, “Torch Song Trilogy”.
- Cryer appeared as Charles Cummings in the film, “No Small Affair” in 1984 at the age of 19.
- Later he made his breakthrough role as Phil Demster in the film, “Pretty in Pink”.
- Cryer starred in “Brighton Beach Memoirs” and “The Famous Teddy Z” in 1989.
- Later he starred in the comedy film, “Hot Shots!” along with Charlie Sheen in 1990.
- Cryer later was cast as Bob in the sitcom, “Partners” in 1995.
- He also produced and wrote the film, “Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God… Be Back by Five” in 1997.
- Cryer appeared in TV series, “Getting Personal”(1998), “The Trouble With Normal”(2000).
- Later in 2003, he was cast as Alan Harper on the hit comedy series, “Two and a Half Men”. The series earned him several nominations and two Primetime Emmy Award.
- Cryer starred in films, “Superman IV: The Quest for Peace”(1987), “Hiding Out”(1987), “Holy Man”(1998), “Tortured”(2008), “Shorts”(2009), and “Hit by Lightning”(2014).
- He also made guest appearances on few shows such as “Husbands”, “Dharma & Greg”, “The Outer Limits” and “Who Do You Think You Are?”
- In 2015, Cryer released a book titled, “So That Happened”.
- Later on November 16, 2018, Cryer was announced to be cast as Lex Luthor on The CW’s “Supergirl”.
- Cryer recently joined other WGA writers in firing their agents against the ATA and the unfair practice of packaging as on April 15, 2019.
- Currently, Cryer stars as Navy Dr. Cyril Taft in the CBS drama series, “NCIS”.
Is Jon Cryer Married?
The actor Jon Cryer is a married man. Cryer has been married twice throughout his entire life. Cryer was married first to the beautiful British actress, Sarah Trigger. The couple got married in 1999 but after 5 years of marriage, they divorced in 2004. However, the couple has a son together named Charlie Austin.
Later Cryer started dating the entertainment reporter and television host, Lisa Joyner. Cryer announced of getting married to Joyner in February 2007 and certainly four months after, in June 2007, the couple got married in Mexico.
They have been living a great life together along with their adopted baby girl named Daisy as, on September 29, 2009, they announced of adopting a baby girl.
What is Jon Cryer’s Net Worth?
The popular actor of 54, Jon Cryer has well earned through his career as an actor. Considering all the hard works and time that Cryer has put on his career, he has managed to amass a great fortune of amount through his movies and TV series.
Cryer enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be $65 million. Cryer also has a salary of $659 thousand per episode of the shows. He also adds a few more dollars to his fortune through his endorsement deals and books.
With all the fortunes in million dollars, Cryer has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Jon Cryer?
Jon Cryer is a good looking handsome guy who has stole the heart of millions of girls. Cryer has a maintained body physique. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch. while his body weighs around 75kg.
Cryer has a fair complexion with green eyes and brown hair.
Did You Know?
- At the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center where Cryer went, he was friend with Boaz Yakin, a screenwriter and director.
- Cryer is a two-time Primetime Emmy Award titleholder.
- Cryer and his wife, Lisa Joyner adopted a baby girl named Daisy on September 29, 2009.
- Cryer has also released a book titled, “So That Happened” in 2015.