Quick Facts Of Jon Voight
Celebrated Name Jon Voight Age 80 Years Nick Name Jon, Jonathan Vincent Birth Name Jonathan Vincent Voight Birth Date 1938-12-29 Gender Male Profession Actor Place Of Birth Yonkers, New York Nationality American Spouse Lauri Peters (M. 1962; Div. 1967) and Marcheline Bertrand (M. 1971; Div. 1980) Ethnicity Mixed Horoscope Capricorn Famous For Actor Father Elmer Voight Mother Barbara Voight Height 6 feet 2 inches Hair Color Gray Eye Color Blue Weight 88 Kg Net Worth $55 million Marital Status Married Children Two Shoe Size 12 (US) Daughter Angelina Jolie Son James Haven Religion Roman Catholic Source of Wealth Film Industry Siblings Barry Voight and Wesley Voight Birth Nation USA High School Archbishop Stepinac High School College / University The Catholic University of America Educational Qualification B.A. Degree in Arts Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Jon Voight is an American actor who rose to fame began in the 1960s when he made appearances in many movies such as Hour of the Gun, Midnight Cowboy, Out of It, among many others. While his personal success has always spoken for him, he is also the father of Angelina Jolie and James Haven, although his relationship with the former has always been on the rough path. Today, let’s discover the facts related to Jon Voight wiki, bio, career, and net worth.
Jon Voight’s pro-Trump videos grab 8.5 million views in 36 hours
Actor Jon Voight swept social media and rocked the political landscape after he released a pair of terse videos on Twitter in which he warned Americans not to be “fooled by the political left” and their “absurd words of destruction” – then praised Donald Trump as the best U.S. president since Abraham Lincoln.
In total, the two videos, which were filed late Friday, run for 1 minute and 26 seconds. As of early Monday afternoon about 36 hours later Mr. Voight’s videos were viewed 8.5 million times and counting on Twitter alone. They also were liked 198,000 times, retweeted 63,000 times and drew 48,000 comments in that time period.
Many political strategists dream of such buzz and influence, which stirred up Mr. Voight’s fans and foes alike. Regardless of their political beliefs, millions were engaged while thousands spoke out for or against Mr. Voight’s effective commentary.
Many news organizations simply posted the videos with a brief advisory and moved on. Activist actor Alyssa Milano offered predictably negative comments. Industry publications offered surprisingly straightforward coverage.
What is Jon Voight known for?
Jon Voight is a one Academy Award-winning actor belonging to American. Also, he is popular as the father of an actor James Haven and actress Angelina Jolie. He rose to face in the late 1960s with his Oscar-nominated performance in Midnight Cowboy as Joe Buck, a would-be gigolo. Further, The Oscar-winning actor knows how to deliver a maximum message in minimal time.
Where is Jon Voight born?
Back to his early life, Jon was born as Jonathan Vincent Voight to his parents Elmer Voight and Barbara in Yonkers, New York, the USA. His parents are professional golfer. He has got two brothers namely Barry Voight (born 1937) and Wesley Voight (born 1940). His brother Barry is a former volcanologist at Pennsylvania State University while another brother is a singer-songwriter who wrote “Angel of the Morning” and “Wild Thing”. Further, Voight grew up as a Catholic.
In discussing his educational background, he joined Archbishop Stepinac High School located in White Plains, New York. There he took the interest in playing and acting in the school’s annual musical, The Song of Norway with the comedic role of Count Pepi Le Loup.
Moreover, he attended The Catholic University of America located in Washington, D.C. after graduating from High School in 1956. There he took arts as a major subject and graduated from there in 1960 with a B.A. degree.
When did Jon Voight pursue his acting career?
- Following his graduation, he moved to New York City to pursue his acting career. His initial years were not easy, but he did not give up. He began appearing in television during the early 1960s, acting in several episodes of ‘Gunsmoke’, between 1962 and 1966.
- In the mid-1960s his theater career took off and he enjoyed a stint in Broadway. Theater paved the way for films and he made his first film appearance in ‘Fearless Frank’ in 1967.
- In 1969, he was cast as Joe Buck, a naive male hustler, in the drama film ‘Midnight Cowboy.’ The film, which explores the poignant friendship between the two main characters, played by Voight and Dustin Hoffman, proved to be a critical success which effectively launched young Voight’s career.
- He played Ed Gentry in the dramatic thriller ‘Deliverance’ in 1972. The movie was a critical success and Voight’s performance especially received great critical acclaim and was popular with audiences.
- Over the 1970s he appeared in several hit films like ‘Conrack’ (1974), ‘The Odessa File’ (1974), ‘End of the Game’ (1976), and ‘Coming Home’ (1978). In 1979, Voight played the part of an alcoholic ex-heavyweight in the remake of the 1931 film ‘The Champ’ which went on to become an international hit.
- His career slowed down a bit during the 1980s. For many years he went without any notable film but finally made a mark with his role as Oscar “Manny” Manheim in the survival-thriller film ‘Runaway Train’ in 1985 for which he was nominated for an Academy Award.
- In the 1990s, he became active on television and appeared in the television movie ‘Chernobyl: The Final Warning’ in 1991, followed by ‘The Last of his Tribe’, in 1992. He also acted in ‘The Rainbow Warrior’ in 1992, the story of the ill-fated Greenpeace ship sunk by French operatives in the Auckland Harbor.
- In 1996, he shared the screen with Tom Cruise in the action spy film ‘Mission: Impossible’ which went on to become a blockbuster. In 1997, he made some bad choices and appeared in the films ‘Anaconda’ and ‘Most Wanted’ and was nominated for Razzie Award for Worst Actor for both these films.
- His film career saw a resurgence in the 2000s, with his being cast as the journalist Howard Cosell in the film ‘Ali’ in a short but crucial role. His television career continued to thrive with many award-winning performances.
- Despite his advancing age Jon Voight refuses to slow down and continues to be a much sought-after character actor in Hollywood. Recently he played football coach Paul William “Bear” Bryant in ‘Woodlawn’ (2015).
- On March 26, 2019, Jon Voight was appointed to a six-year term on the Board of Trustees of the Kennedy Center in Washington DC as reported the next day by the Washington Post and Fox News.
Did Jon Voight win the awards?
In discussing his achievements and awards, he earned a Golden Globe Award in 2013 for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film under the category Television Series. Another, he got the nomination for the Golden Globe, the Academy Award, and a Critics Choice Award for his supporting performances in Ali (2001).
Similarly, he was nominated for an Academy Award and received the Golden Globe for his iconic performance in Runaway Train (1985) as the ruthless bank robber Oscar “Manny” Manheim. Also, he earned an Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
To whom Jon Voight was married?
On talking about his relationship, previously, Voight had married an actress Lauri Peters in 1962. The couple met when they both played in the original Broadway production of The Sound of Music. However, they divorced in 1967.
He then tied a knot with an actress Marcheline Bertrand in 1971. But, their relationship could not last long and got separated in 1976, filed for divorce in 1978, and divorced in 1980. The couple has been blessed with two children namely James Haven (born May 11, 1973) and Angelina Jolie (born June 4, 1975). However, Voight was estranged from his children for many years, but they reconciled after Bertrand’s death in 2007.
He also has been in relationships with Diana Ross (2005-2006), Nastassja Kinski (2002), Barbra Streisand (1994-1995), Eileen Davidson (1989-1991) and Stacey Pickren (1979-1986). But the reason behind their separation is currently unknown.
Currently, he might be living a single life with his children.
How much is Jon Voight net worth?
A highly successful actor whose career has spanned over 5 decades, Jon does not only have the fame to show for all he has done, but he also has the fortune. He has a net worth that has been estimated at $55 Million. A large part of his wealth was made from his career as an actor.
How tall is Jon Voight?
Observing his body statistics, He has a tall body with the height of 6feet 3 inches and body weight of 88 kg. He has gray hair color and blue eyes. His shoe size is 12 (US). His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Godfather of Skyler Shaye.
- He was the original choice for Apollo in Star Trek: Who Mourns for Adonais? (1967), but he was hired for another project.
- In 2007 he worked as a partner at Paul Productions.