Quick Facts Of Julia Roberts
Celebrated Name Julia Roberts Age 52 Years Nick Name Jules Birth Name Julia Fiona Roberts Birth Date 1967-10-28 Gender Female Profession Actor Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Smyrna, Georgia of United States Nationality American Father Walter Grady Roberts Mother Betty Lou Siblings 2: Eric Roberts and Lisa Roberts Gillan School Griffin Middle School High School Campbell High School University Georgia State University Height 175 cm Weight 58 Kg Marital Status Married Net Worth $200 Million Spouse Daniel Morder Children 3: Hazel Moder, Phinnaeus Moder, Henry Daniel Moder Best Known For Playing Vivian Ward in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman and as Shelby Eatenton Latcherie in the 1989 film “Steel Magnolias” Awards Golden Globe Award
Julia Roberts is the leading name in the Hollywood entertainment industry, who has been contributing as an actress and executive producer since 1980s. She became a Hollywood star after headlining the romantic comedy Pretty Woman (1990).
Best Known For:
Playing Vivian Ward in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman and as Shelby Eatenton Latcherie in the 1989 film “Steel Magnolias”.
Gossips and Rumors
Julia Roberts was spotted posing in a colorful dress when on the beach in Malibu on Friday morning.
Early Life of Julia
On 28th October, 1947, Julia was born. She has already devoted more than two decades of her life to the showbiz world. She is the naturally beautiful woman born with the various ancestries including Scottish, Irish, German, English, Swedish and Welsh. Born to Walter Grady Roberts and Betty Lou in Smyrna, Georgia of United States, she grew along with two siblings including brother, Eric Roberts and sister, Lisa Roberts Gillan. Born and raised in Roman Catholic background, she is currently following Hinduism. Surrounded by the creative individuals from her childhood, her parents were proved as inspirational source for her to involve in the performing sector. Attending various schools like Fitzhugh Lee elementary School and Griffin Middle School, she had completed her high school graduation from Campbell High School. To give continuation to her studies, she had also attended Georgia State University.
Body Features of Julia
Julia has got attractive body figure. She has got height of 175 cm and weight of 58 Kg.
Career of Julia
- Before completing the graduation she headed towards New York to fulfill her childhood dream.
- Soon after that, signing the modeling deal to the Click Modeling Agency, she had also joined the acting classes to develop her dexterity.
- Professionally she began her career in the year 1987 landing a role in television show ‘Crime Story’.
- However, she became familiar among the Hollywood lovers after appearing in the 1988 movie ‘Satisfaction’.
- Despite of several critics, success followed her like a shadow through the movie ‘Mystic Pizza’ in 1988.
- Granting the Golden Globe Award and Golden Globe Award, her featured role in 1989 movie ‘Steel Magnolias’ had made her further popular.
- Leaving many other famed stars behind, she earned more attention from the worldwide viewers through the American box-office hit movie ‘Pretty Woman’.
- Her convincing roles led to win numerous awards along with good appreciation from the public mass.
- Following that, she had established more impression on her fans delivering the powerful role as title character of movie ‘Erin Brockovich’.
- Furthermore, to her notable acting projects, the Hollywood blockbusters including ‘Ocean’s Eleven’, ‘Ocean’s Twelve’, ‘Closer’, ‘Fireflies in the Garden’, ‘Duplicity’, ‘Valentine’s Day’, ‘Snow White’, ‘Mirror Mirror’ and many more along with several TV dramas like ‘The Normal Heart’ has been highlighted.
- Moreover, she had served as executive producer on TV sitcom ‘Queens Supreme’ (2003), ‘American Girl’ and ‘Kit Kittredge: An American Girl’ (2008).
- Initially desired to be a Veterinarian, she moved to entertainment line realizing that she “didn’t have ability to deal with science on a brainiac kind of level”.
- In June 2017, Roberts announced she will be starring in a limited series for HBO, based on the Maria Semple novel, “Today Will Be Different”.
Marital Life of Julia
Enlightening the personal life of this spiritual persona, she has been married to Daniel Moder, a cameraman since 2004. The couple started dating in 2000, while she was still in connection with Benjamin Bratt and Moder was still married to his first wife. The amiable relationship of the couple has resulted to the birth of three adorable children including 2004 born twins: Phinnaeus “Finn” Walter Moder and Hazel Patricia and 2007 born son Henry Daniel Moder. She had shared her first marital bliss with Lyle Lovett, a singer in 1993. Just after two years of connection, the couple separated by the official divorce in 1995.
Moreover, this beautiful and gorgeous star was reported for her romantic connections with several other celebrities like Liam Neeson, Jason Patric, Kiefer Sutherland, Matthew Perry and Dylan McDermott.
Net Worth of Julia
Through her lifetime work in acting line, she has garnered the net worth of $200 million and has established herself as the highest paid actress worldwide.
Charitable work of Julia
Her openhanded behavior has shown her interest in involving in charitable works. Along with the elevated fame in the Hollywood movie line, she has been highlighted with the several tabloids regarding to the subjects of plastic surgery with process of nose job, Liposuction and Botox treatment. This light-hearted woman has given her resources and time to UNICEF and supporting various charities and foundations as well. Providing donations to the poverty eradicating programs and supporting several campaigns like ‘Chime for Change’ of Gucci for spreading female empowerment, she has reflected her charities works.
Furthermore details of this talented personality’s biography are available in various internet sites like wiki, IMDb, celebrity biography.com and many more.
Did You Know?
- She has two pet dogs named Satchmo and Diego.
- Her parents married in 1965 and divorced in 1972
- Julia was 10 when her father died due to cancer.
- Men’s Health included her in the list of “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” in 2011.