Quick Facts Of Katelyn Ohashi
Celebrated Name Katelyn Ohashi Age 22 Years Nick Name Kate, Chachi Birth Name Katelyn Michelle Ohashi Birth Date 1997-04-12 Gender Female Profession Artistic Gymnast Birth Nation USA Nationality American Place Of Birth Seattle, Washington Father Richard Ohashi Mother Diana Ohashi Siblings Three Ethnicity Mixed Religion Christianity Horoscope Aries University University of California High School Plano Senior High School Height 1.51 m or 5 ft 1 in. Weight 48 kg or 105 lbs Body Measurement 34-24-35 inches Bra Cup Size 33B Hair Color Black Eye Color Light Brown Marital Status Unmarried Boyfriend Unknown Children Unknown Net Worth $100K-1M Salary Under Evaluation Source of Wealth Gymnastic Career Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Katelyn Ohashi is an American artistic gymnast. Currently, she competes for the University of California, Los Angeles and is a two-time All-American. Formerly, she was a four-time member of USA Gymnastics’ Junior National Team, the 2011 junior national champions and the winner of the 2013 American Cup. Continue reading to know more about her.
What is Katelyn Ohashi famous for?
- An American artistic gymnast.
- As the winner of the American Cup in March 2013.
Katelyn Ohashi Performs Her Final Collegiate Routine
Katelyn Ohashi finished her final collegiate gymnastics routine appropriately, by dropping a pretend mic.
The University of California, Los Angeles, senior gymnast scored a 9.95 in her final performance at the NCAA Women’s Gymnastics National Championship. Her routine, once again, went viral over the weekend.
In the lead-up to Ohashi’s performance, UCLA tweeted a video of her and the school’s gymnastics head coach, Valorie Kondos Field, at their last practice. The video shows Field walking away after instructing Ohashi. Field fights back tears as Ohashi runs up to embrace her beloved coach.
Before UCLA, Ohashi was competing at the elite level of gymnastics until she injured her back and shoulder, according to The Players’ Tribune. She decided to compete on the college level because of her injuries.
Where is Katelyn Ohashi born?
Back to early life, Katelyn Ohashi was born in Seattle, Washington, USA. Her birth name is Katelyn Michelle Ohashi. She is American by nationality and belongs to mixed. About her parents her father name is “Richard Ohashi” and mother name is “Diana Ohashi”. She has three brothers.
She currently competes for the University of California-Los Angeles and is a 2 time All American. Previously, she was a 4-time member of USA Gymnastics’ Junior National Team, the 2011 junior national champion and the winner of the 2013 American Cup.
When did Katelyn Ohashi pursue her gymnast career?
- Ohashi trained with Al Fong at Great American Gymnastics Express (GAGE) in Blue Springs, Missouri early in her career. She made her debut at the 2009 Junior Olympic National Championships on the national gymnastics scene, where she placed first on floor exercise, tied for second on uneven bars, placed fourth in the all-around and tied for seventh on vault.
- Ohashi competed in her first elite meet at the U.S. Classic in Des Moines, Iowa, where she placed fourth on the floor in the junior division, tied for fifth on balance beam and placed ninth in the all-around. Ohashi to the National Championships in Dallas, where she won the silver medal on floor exercise, placed sixth on beam, finished tenth in the all-around and was named to the junior national team.
- Ohashi moved to Plano soon after Nationals in Texas, to train at WOGA.
- Ohashi won silver medals in the all-around and on bars, beam, and floor, in the junior division of the 2010 U.S classic in Chicago. During the National Championships in Hartford, Connecticut, in July, Ohashi won the bars title, placed third in the all-around and tied for fourth on floor. She placed fifth on beam and seventh on vault.
- During the 2010 Bumbo Cup in Pretoria, South Africa, Ohashi captured the junior-division gold medals in the all-around, floor and vault, along with silver medals on bars and beam.
- Ohashi helped the U.S. win the team competition and won an individual gold medal on the floor in the junior division at the 2011 City of Jesolo Trophy. She tied for second on uneven bars and placed third all-around, fourth on beam and fifth on vault.
- At the U.S. Classic in Chicago, Ohashi won the silver medal on beam with a score of 14.95 and tied for fifth on vault with Kiana Winston (14.55).
- In August At the National Championships, she won the junior all-around title with a total score of 120.95 over two nights, beating Kyla Ross the defending champion.
- At Nationals, Ohashi captured the bars title with skills that included an el-grip endo to straddled Jaeger, tucked double-double dismounted and a Gienger. Her winning beam routine, one of the most difficult in the world, a standing Arabian, featured a full-twisting back layout, an Onodi and a piked full-in dismount. She also won floor with a routine that included a piked full-in and a two-and-a-half twist to front full. She performed a double-twisting Yurchenko, on vault and finished fourth.
- In March 2013 Ohashi won the American Cup, defeating U.S. teammate Simone Biles. Nevertheless, in April, she had shoulder surgery, which prevented her from competing for the rest of the year.
- Ohashi said she was unsure of her ability in an interview at the 2014 WOGA Classic to continue at the international elite level after her injury. She suffered a back injury that required surgery later in the year and did not compete again until 2015.
- Ohashi dropped from elite competition back to Level 10 in 2015. Ohashi performed only on vault, beam, and floor in her first competition since 2013 which was the Texas Prime Meet.
- On February 6 Ohashi competed at the 2015 Pikes Peak Cup in Colorado Springs. She placed 17th in the all-around and finished second in the vault event final with a score of 9.850. On February 14, She competed at the 2015 WOGA Classic and placed 14th overall, competing for three events. She competed at the Legends Invitational in Los Angeles on February 20, where she placed 13th in the all-around and second on vault.
- During the 2015-2016 season, Ohashi joined the UCLA Bruins gymnastics team and was the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week four times. However, in a meet against the Arizona Wildcats, Ohashi landed on her neck on her balance beam dismount after the cap of the beam she was performing on fell off. She had sustained a sternal fracture according to tests results an injury that kept her out for four weeks. Ohashi finished the regular season at No. 1 the following season on Balance Beam and received two perfect 10s.
- During 2018 season she improved upon her performances from the previous season. She captured three perfect 10s on the floor which was the first of her career and set career highs on the Uneven bars, vault and the all-around. Ohashi was named the PAC 12 specialist of the year after finishing the regular season ranked first on floor and third on beam. Going into the national championships Ohashi recorded her first national championship win by competing on Beam and floor, placing fourth on beam and winning the floor title. Ohashi followed this up with another national championship in the next night with the UCLA team in the Super Six, where she scored a pair of 9.95s on beam and floor.
- At the 2019 Collegiate Challenge, she earned perfect 10s for a floor routine to an R&B and pop hits medley that she was performing for the second time and that has been shared widely on social media.
Is Katelyn Ohashi dates someone?
Her relationship status is not known at the moment. Similarly, there is no record of her past affairs in social media. If you know about her current relationship status and her past affairs, please share with us by using the comment.
How much is Katelyn Ohashi net worth?
As a gymnast, she earns the sum of good money from her profession. According to some online sources, She has net worth somewhere around $100K-1M as of 2019. however, her salary was yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How tall is Katelyn Ohashi?
Observing her body physics, She stands a height of 5 feet 1 inch. and weighs around 48 kg. Similarly, she has light brown eyes and black hair color. She used the 33B bra size and 5 (US) size of the shoe. Further, her body measures 34-24-35 inches.
Did You Know?
- Graduated from UCLA (2019).
- Is of German & Japanese descent.
- UCLA artistic gymnast.