Quick Facts Of Kay Hagan
Celebrated Name Kay Hagan Age 66 Years Nick Name Kay Hagan Birth Name Janet Kay Ruthven Birth Date 1953-05-26 Gender Female Profession Politician Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Shelby, North Carolina Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Gemini Religion Will Update Soon… Education Florida State University and Wake Forest University Educational Qualification Degree of B.A. and J.D. Marital Status Married Husband Chip Hagan Children Three Height Will Update Soon… Weight Will Update Soon… Net Worth Under Review Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Political Career Sexual Orientation Straight Death Date 2019-10-28 Place Of Death Greensboro, North Carolina, U.S. Cause Of Death Powassan Virus Links Wikipedia, Instagaram, Twitter, Facebook
Kay Hagan was an American lawyer, banking executive, and politician who served as the United States Senator from North Carolina from 2009 to 2015. A member of the Democratic Party, she previously served in the North Carolina Senate from 1999 to 2009.
By defeating Republican Elizabeth Dole in the 2008 election, she became the first woman to defeat an incumbent woman in a U.S. Senate election. She ran for reelection in 2014 but lost to Republican challenger Thom Tillis in a close race. Let’s know more about the politician through this article.
Where is Kay Hagan born?
Recalling her early life, Kay Hagan was born as Janet Kay Ruthven in Shelby, North Carolina, USA. She is the daughter of Jeanette (née Chiles), a homemaker, and Josie Perry “Joe” Ruthven, a tire salesman. She is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Her birth sign is Gemini.
Regarding her education, Hagan earned a B.A. degree from Florida State University in 1975 and a J.D. degree from the Wake Forest University School of Law in 1978. She later pursued a career as both an attorney and a banker.
What is the profession of Kay Hagan?
- After her graduation, she was an intern at the Capitol, operating an elevator that carried senators, including her uncle Lawton, to and from the Chamber in the 1970s.
- She served a single term after beating Republican Senator Elizabeth Dole in 2008 but later lost to Republican Thom Tillis in 2014.
- Before capitol hill, she served as a campaign manager for Governor Jim Hunt’s campaign. She also spent 10 years serving in the North Carolina Senate. After serving in the U.S. Senate, Hagan worked as a consultant for a lobbying firm in D.C.
- Prior to beginning her political career, Hagan also worked in the financial industry. During this time she became a vice president of North Carolina’s largest bank, NCNB which is now a part of Bank of America.
Who is Kay Hagan married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kay Hagan was married to her long-term boyfriend Chip Hagan, a transaction lawyer. Together the duo welcomed three children named Tilden, Jeanette, and Carrie. Until her death, she enjoying blissful life with her husband and children.
What is the reason behind Kay Hagan?
While in Washington, D.C., in December 2016, Hagan became ill with a type of encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) and was admitted to a hospital. Hagan was diagnosed with the Powassan virus. She died on October 28, 2019, from complications of the Powassan virus. She was 66 years old. A funeral is scheduled for November 3, 2019, at the First Presbyterian Church of Greensboro.
In a 2019 article, Hagan’s husband reported that “Kay’s ability to speak is limited, but her comprehension is very good. She can speak, but it’s slow and labored.”
How much net worth does Kay Hagan earn?
As a politician, Kay Hagan earns a decent amount of money and reputation in the field of political industry. As per online sites, her estimated net worth and salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kay Hagan?
Before her death, Kay has a decent height and weight. Her body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Former United States Senator for North Carolina (January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2015).