Quick Facts Of Lana Wachowski
Celebrated Name Lana Wachowski Age 54 Years Nick Name Lana Birth Name Laurence Wachowski Birth Date 1965-06-21 Gender Other Profession Filmmaker, Director and Producer Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Chicago, Illinois Nationality American Best Known For The best duo directors known as “The Wachowskis”, Ethnicity White Horoscope Cancer Father Ron Wachowski Mother Lynne Wachowski Sisters Lily Wachowski, Julie Wachowski and Laura Wachowski. Height 5ft. 10inch.(1.79m) Weight 78kg Net Worth $250 million Marital Status Married Wife Thea Bloom(m.1993 & d.2002) Husband Karin Winslow(m. 2009) School Kellogg Elementary School High School Whitney Young High School University Bard College Education Bachelors in performing arts and science Sexual Orientation Lesbian
Lana Wachowski is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer. Lana is a popular transgender woman and has been one of the best directors and writers for making a successful movie, “The Matrix” and it’s series and critical success movie “Bound” alongside her sister, Lilly Wachowski. She also received the “Human Rights Campaign’s Visibility Award”.
- -Lana Wachowski is all to set to write, produce and direct an all-new film set, a new chapter of “Matrix” in the genre-defining world starring Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss.
Lana Wachowski Famous For?
- Lana Wachowski and her sister Lily Wachowski is best known as one of the best duo directors known as “The Wachowskis”.
Lana Wachowski’s Early Life: Birth Date/ Parents/ Education?
Lana Wachowski was born on June 21, 1965, in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Her birth name is Laurence Wachowski. Her nationality is American. Her ethnicity is White while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Lana was born to Ron Wachowski(father) and Lynne Wachowski(mother). Her father was a businessman while her mother was a nurse and painter. Laurence Luckinbill, the actor, and Primetime Emmy Award winner, is her uncle.
She has three siblings sisters: Lily Wachowski, Julie Wachowski, and Laura Wachowski. Lily and Lana both were born as a male child and they were initially known as “The Wachowski Brothers” before changing into transwomen.
She attended the Kellogg Elementary School in Beverly Chicago. She graduated from Whitney Young High School with a bachelor’s in performing arts and science. Later she joined Bard College in New York but was dropped out before graduating.
She and her sister, Lilly are remembered playing, “Dungeons & Dragons” and working in the school’s theatre and TV program.
Lana Wachowski’s Career: Movies?
- Just after getting dropped out of the college, they ran a house painting and construction business in Chicago and started to write series, “Clive Barker’s Hellraiser” and “Clive Barker’s Nightbreed” for Marvel’s Epic Comics imprint in 1993.
- After then, she and her sister kicked off their career by writing a script for the film, “Assassins” in 1994.
- The Wachowski made their directing debut through their first own script film, “Bound”.
- In 1999, they directed the hit movie of all time, “Matrix” which became a major box office success and earned them a “Saturn Award for Best Director”.
- Certainly after, in 2003, they released two sequel films on Matrix, “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Evolutions”.
- They wrote and produced the film, “V for Vendetta” in 2005 and “Speed Racer” in 2008.
- In 2013, another film based on the novel, “Cloud Atlas” was released with co-writer and co-director Tom Tykwer.
- They produced and directed the film, “Jupiter Ascending” and Netflix series, “Sense 8” in 2015.
- Lana’s first major creative project without Lilly was in the series, “Sense 8” season 2 in 2016.
- She made several movies such as, “You Want a War?”, “What Family Means”, “If All the World’s a Stage, Identity Is Nothing But a Costume”, & “All I Want Right Now Is One More Bullet” in 2017.
- Lana is about to write and direct the fourth film, “The Matrix” as reported in August 2019.
Lana Wachowski’s Personal Life: Dating/ Husband/ Gender?
Lana Wachowski was married to his wife, Thea Bloom in 1993 when Lana was a man before changing her gender. However, they divorced in 2002.
Lana subsequently after changing her gender began dating Karin Winslow. Winslow is a board member of the Chicago House and Social Service Agency. They married in 2009 and are still in a relationship and are residing in the US.
Lana started the process of changing the male gender in 2000 which was completed after eight years of the process in 2008. She began to publicly acknowledge her gender issue in 2012.
Lana Wachowski is a champion advocate for the right of the identity of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender or LGBT community in the US.
Lana Wachowski’s Net Worth: Earnings?
The popular director, Lana Wachowski has an estimated to be around $250 million. The Wachowski makes a large amount of money through her movies and series.
The Wachowski’s biggest film, “The Matrix” earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. She is living a luxurious and lavish lifestyle in Chicago.
Lana Wachowski’s Body Measurements: Height/ Weight?
Lana Wachowski has a maintained body physique. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch.(1.79m). She has a bodyweight of 78kg. She has a fair complexion with brown eyes and colored hair.
Did You Know?
- Lana Wachowski received the “Human Rights Campaign’s Visibility Award”.
- Lana and her sister, Lily are transgender women.