Quick Facts Of Landon Collins
Celebrated Name Landon Collins Age 25 Years Nick Name Landon Collins Birth Name Landon Alexander Collins Birth Date 1994-01-10 Gender Male Profession Footballer Place Of Birth New Orleans, Louisiana Birth Nation United States of America Nationality American Ethnicity Afro-American Horoscope Capricorn High School Dutchtown High School University University of Alabama Marital Status Engaged Partner Victoria Lowrey Children Three Father Thomas Collins Mother April Justin Siblings Gerrah Willis and Gerald Willis Body Build/Type Athletic Height 6 Feet Weight 102 Kg Hair Color Black Eye Color Black Face Color Black Salary $ 1 Million Net Worth $ 84 Million Religion Christianity Favorite Color Blue Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Landon Collins is an American football safety who plays for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Alabama. He won a BCS National Championship as a member of the Alabama Crimson Tide in 2013.
- An American footballer who currently plays for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL).
- Has won a BCS National Championship as a member of the Alabama Crimson Tide in 2013.
Redskins reportedly to sign Landon Collins for six years, $84 million
The Landon Collins sweepstakes did not last long. After the Giants decided to let him walk in free agency instead of franchise tagging him, they watched one of their rivals in the NFC East give him the money he desired.
On the first day of the legal tampering period, when free agents can agree to contracts but can’t officially sign them until Wednesday, the All-Pro safety agreed to a contract with the Redskins, as first reported by ESPN’s Josina Anderson. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Collins is getting a six-year deal worth $84 million, including $45 million guaranteed.
For Collins, it’s a sweet deal. If the Giants had franchise tagged him, which was the expected outcome, he would’ve been playing under a one-year deal worth just more than $11 million. The Redskins aren’t just giving him more money. They’re also giving him more long-term security, even if the contract becomes cuttable after three seasons when the $45 million guaranteed will be paid out, as Rapoport reported.
Collins also gets the opportunity to play the Giants twice per season. He won’t have to move far from New York. And he’ll play for the same team that Sean Taylor played for before he tragically lost his life. Collins wore No. 21 with the Giants as a tribute to Taylor.
It’ll be interesting to see how this impacts the rest of the safety market. If Collins is getting that kind of money, imagine what kind of money safeties like Earl Thomas and Tyrann Mathieu will get.
Early Life of Landon Collins
Landon was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. His parents are April Justin and Thomas Collins. He grew up in the Algiers neighborhood. He is an American by nationality and he is of African-American ethnicity. He has a sister, Gerrah Willis and a brother, Gerald Willis.
When Hurricane Katrina hit the city in 2005, he and his family settled in Geismar in Ascension Parish. He attended Dutchtown High School, where he was a two-sport star in football and track. In football, he was an All-American defensive back.
After high school graduation, he attended the University of Alabama, where he played for the Alabama Crimson Tide. He a BCS National Championship with the Alabama Crimson Tide in 2013. After his junior season, Collins entered the 2015 NFL Draft.
Landon Collin’s Career and Achievements
- Collins began playing football at a professional club level in 2015.
- Prior to his junior season, he was projected a high first-round selection in the 2015 NFL Draft by various mock drafts. He was selected 33rd overall in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the New York Giants.
- On June 19, 2015, the New York Giants signed him to a four-year, $6.12 million contract with $4.02 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.71 million. He became the first player in LSWA history to become a 5A All-State selection on both sides of the ball.
- On December 20, 2016, Collins was named to the 2016 Pro Bowl.
- On January 14, 2017, Collins won NFC Defensive Player of the Year. He was ranked 92nd by his peers on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018.
- In 2018, He announced that he required surgery on his right forearm, during his offseason. During the trade season, he was a trade rumor but he was not moved at last. In their 13th week during their win against Chicago Bears.
Personal Life of Landon Collins
Landon Collins is engaged to his college girlfriend Victoria Lowrey since March 2016. His soon-to-wife is the 2015 graduate of Alabama University. Just around three years old to the engagement, the pair are still to exchange wedding vows.
Apart from his fiancee, he has three children from multiple women he had dated. Similarly, one of his baby mama named Rosci even accused him of restricting the duty of a responsible father. After the nasty blame, Landon always chose to remain under limelight to talk anything about his kids and former hookups. Nevertheless, the quarterback still enjoys posting multiple pictures of his children on his social media handles.
Net Worth of Landon Collins
Landon Collins signed a 6 year, $84,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $44,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000.
In 2019, Collins will earn a base salary of $1,000,000 and a signing bonus of $15,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,000,000 and a dead cap value of $41,000,000.
Body Measurements of Landon Collins
Observing his body figure, he has a height of 6 feet and has a body weight of 102 kg. Similarly, He has black hair color and his eye color is black. His other body information was not disclosed yet.
Did You Know?
- Collins is getting a six-year deal worth $84 million.
- Apart from his fiancee, he has three children from multiple women he had dated.
- One of his impressive career stats was winning the 100-meter dash at the 2012 Episcopal 4-way championship.
- Landon in the recipient of the NFC Defensive Player of the Year on 14 January 2017.