Quick Facts Of Lenny Kravitz
Celebrated Name Lenny Kravitz Age 55 Years Nick Name Lenny Birth Name Leonard Albert Kravitz Birth Date 1964-05-26 Gender Male Profession Musician Net Worth $50 Million Nationality American Ethnicity Multiracial Religion Christianity Hair Color Black Eye Color Dark Brown Height 5 feet 9 inches Weight 73 Kg School P.S. 6 School High School Beverly Hills High School Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Music Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth New York, U.S Horoscope Gemini Marital Status Divorced Spouse Lisa Bonet (M. 1987; Div. 1993) Children One Daughter Zoë Kravitz Father Sy Kravitz Mother Roxie Roker Siblings N/A Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
The entertainment world has had quite a chunky taste of the versatile Lenny Kravitz, who is a singer, songwriter, actor and record producer. Lenny Kravitz, often portrayed as a funky personality cannot be forgotten in a hurry, having proved his significance in the industry. There is so much to know about the award-winning rock musician who is also known for his outstanding role in the move hunger Games.
Who are the parents of Lenny Kravitz?
Recalling his early life, Lenny Kravitz was born in New York City in New York, U.S. He was born as Leonard Albert Kravitz. The name of his mother is Roxie Roker and his father’s name is Sy Kravitz. While Roxie was an actress, Sy was a retired TV producer for NBC. Both of his parents have passed away.
Lenny Kravitz’s ethnic background is of Afro-Bahamian and African-American. During his childhood, Lenny Kravitz grew up in Brooklyn and Manhattan with his grandparents and parents. Since his early life, he liked performing.
For his education, he went to P.S. 6 School. Later, he attended Beverly Hills High School. He attended high school with celebrities like Nicholas Cage, guitarist Slash, and others.
When did Lenny Kravitz pursue his music career?
- Talking about his career, Lenny Kravitz teamed up with Henry Hirsch to release his debut album, “Let Love Rule” in 1989. He launched more albums thereafter. Afterward, he released “Mama Said” in 1991, “Are You Gonna Go My Way” in 1993, and “Circus” in 1995. The title song from the album, “Are You Gonna Go My Way” became a super hit.
- In 2001, he released a self-titled album. Lenny Kravitz is all set to release a new album, “Raise Vibration” in 2018. Some of his other albums like Baptism, Strut, 5, and Black and White America. Mostly, his songs cover vibes of rock, blues, soul, reggae, funk and R&B genres. For his performance, he has won several awards including Grammy, MTV award, AMA, and others.
- Furthermore, as an actor, he usually plays in a cameo or supporting role. Lenny Kravitz did a voice-over in the film, “The Rugrats Movie” in 1998. Afterward, he appeared in several other TV shows. Then, Lenny acted in “Precious” as Nurse John, which earned him critical appraise and nominations for several awards. Some of his other acting projects are “The Hunger Games,” “The Butler,” “Star,” and others.
- Additionally, Lenny Kravitz is also into designing. He is the founder of Kravitz Design Inc. It provides services like commercial, residential and product creative direction and design.
Is Lenny Kravitz married or not?
Reflecting his personal life, Lenny Kravitz has been into multiple relationships until now. The singer/songwriter has dated many beautiful women. He dated Isis Aruda, who is a Brazilian artist in 2004. From 2003 to 2004, he was in a relationship with gorgeous actress, Nicole Kidman. Before that, he dated Adriana Lima from 2001 to 2003.
In 2002, Adriana and Lenny even got engaged. But the very next year after the engagement, they separated. Other than that, Lenny Kravitz dated Kate Moss and Natalie Imbruglia in 1999 and 1998 respectively.
Prior, he was in a relationship with Vanessa Paradis from 1992 to 1997, and with the singer, Kylie Minogue in 1991. Lenny was wedded to Lisa Bonet from 1985 to 1993. They exchanged the marital vows on November 16, 1987. Together, they had a child named, Zoë Kravitz. She is an actress, singer and a model. She was born on December 1, 1988. They got divorced on April 12, 1993. Lenny also dated talk show host, Chelsea Handler.
Moreover, there were several rumors of Lenny dating Michelle Rodriguez in 2005, Marissa Tomei in 2004, Deven Aoki in 2001, and Ananda Lewis in 2000.
How much does Lenny Kravitz earn?
Based on reports from several authoritative sources, Lenny Kravitz has an estimated net worth of about $50 million at present. The four-time Grammy Award winner was able to amass his huge wealth through his successful music career that has seen him sell millions of records and merchandise while selling out stadiums and arenas whenever he goes on tour. He has also earned a good chunk from his appearances in movies and TV series over the years.
How tall is Lenny Kravitz?
Observing his body statistics, Lenny Kravitz has a rectangular body shape. As per his height, he is around 5 feet 9 inches tall. While he has black hair, his eyes are dark brown. Additionally, he weighs around 73 kg and his shoe size is 9 (US).
Did You Know?
- Used to perform under name Romeo Blue early in his career.
- Voted Hollywood’s Biggest Heartbreaker by readers of In Touch magazine (2004).
- Winner of the 1994 Brit Award for International Male.