Quick Facts Of Lucas Radebe
Celebrated Name Lucas Radebe Age 50 Years Nick Name Lucas Birth Name Lucas Valeriu Ntuba Radebe Birth Date 1969-04-12 Gender Male Profession Footballer Birth Nation South Africa Place Of Birth Soweto, city of South Africa Nationality African Father Johannes Radebe Mother Emily Radebe Horoscope Aries High School Ngotwane High School Height 1.86 m Weight 74 Kg Best Known For Captain of Leeds United and South African national team in World Cup 2002 Marital Status Married Spouse Feziwe Faith Radebe and Thobela Silver (Present) Children 4: Owami Radebe, Lucas Jr. Radebe, Jessica Radebe and Ofentse Radebe Net Worth Unknown Salary Unknown
One of the popular professional former football player is named as Lucas Valeriu Ntuba Radebe who played primarily as a centre-back. He is famously named Lucas Radebe. He is well known celebrity. He is famous for contribution to professional life. He is best at Defender position. He began playing in South Africa with Kaizer Chiefs. He had played for Kaizer Chiefs, Leeds United. His Shirt number is 19. Zuma is one of his best teammate. He is very talented and skilled player.
Well Known For:
Lucas became captain of Leeds United.
Lucas also became captain of the South African national team in World Cup 2002.
Early Life of Lucas
Passionate and enthusiastic player, Lucas Radebe was born on 12th April 1969. His full name is Lucas Valeriu Ntuba Radebe. He was born and raised in Soweto, city of South Africa. He is the son of Johannes Radebe and Emily Radebe, his father and mother. His nationality is African. His astrological sign is Aries. At the small age, he began his career with football. He attended Ngotwane High School.
Body Features of Lucas
Lucas has got a great personality. Talking about his body, his height is 1.86 m. His weight is of 74 Kg. He has a balanced body with good health. He has an attractive body figure. His smiling face and charming personality has helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers.
Early Career of Lucas
- Lucas started his career with the Kaizer Chiefs as a goalkeeper.
- Later he switched positions to central midfield and then finally to central defense.
- In the year 1994, he moved to Leeds United for a transfer fee of £250,000.
- He was made the captain of the team for the 1998-1999 season and finished in the fourth position in the FA Premier League, qualifying for the UEFA Cup.
- In 1999-2000 season, Leeds finished the third position in the Premier League and qualified for the following season’s Champions League. This team also reached to the Semi-Final.
- In the year 2000, he was awarded the FIFA Fair Play Award.
- In the same year, he had serious knee and ankle injuries, which kept him out of the game for 2 years.
- At the end of the 2005 season, Star player, Lucas retired from professional football.
- On 8th October 2009, The English Football Association announced him as an ambassador to help boost the 2018 World Cup bid.
- He then won the PFA Merit Award for his contribution to football in the year 2010.
- He later accepted a position as team manager with the South African national side on 2012.
International Career of Lucas
- Lucas had represented himself in his national country, South Africa in both senior as well as junior levels in many tournaments.
- He made his international debut in the year 1992 against Cameroon on 7th July.
- He was a member of the South African team that won the African Nations Cup in the year 1996.
- During the 1998 FIFA World Cup and 2002 FIFA World Cup’s, he was a captain.
- Lucas earned 70 caps for South Africa and scored two goals during his international career.
- Lucas could also be seen working as a pundit for South African television, and during ITV’s coverage of the tournament.
Personal Life of Lucas
Lucas is a married person. Previously, he married with Feziwe Faith Radebe and she died in the year 2008 due to cancer.
Then, in the year 2015, he married with Thobela Silver. They seem to be very happy with each other. The couple makes public appearances together often. There is no any sign of Separation between them. They are living peacefully.
He is the father of 4 children named Owami Radebe, Lucas Jr. Radebe, Jessica Radebe and Ofentse Radebe.
This excellent player makes good money from his work. His net worth and salary is kept in privacy but there is no doubt in the mind of his supporters and followers he is satisfied with his earning. His exact net worth figure is still yet to get unfolded.