Quick Facts Of Marcus Mariota
Celebrated Name Marcus Mariota Age 26 Years Nick Name Mariota Birth Name Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota Birth Date 1993-10-30 Gender Male Profession Footballer Birth Nation USA Nationality American Place Of Birth Honolulu, Hawaii Father Alana Deppe-Mariota Mother Toa Mariota Ethnicity Multiracial Horoscope Scorpio Brothers Matt Mariota School Saint Louis School University University of Oregon Height 6 ft 4 in Weight 101 Kg Body Measurement Will Add Soon Body Build/Type Athletic Marital Status Unmarried Girlfriend Kiyomi Cook Net Worth $6 Million Source of Wealth Football Career Salary $6,053,494 Current Team Tennessee Titans Position Quarterback
Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota shortly named Marcus Mariota is an American football quarterback. He is playing for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL) at present. He was drafted by the Titans second overall in the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at Oregon and as a junior, he became the first University of Oregon player, as well as the first Hawaii-born athlete, to win the Heisman Trophy.
Marcus Mariota won’t let benching in Tennessee define his career
Earlier this week the Tennessee Titans announced that former Oregon Heisman winning quarterback Marcus Mariota would be benched in favor of starting Ryan Tannehill. The Benching game after Mariota was pulled in last week’s shutout loss to the Denver Broncos. Speaking with the media earlier this week, he said that being benched won’t define or end his career. “For me, my expectation was always to be the best player I could be for this team,” he said to the Tennessee media. “And, until the day that I die, I’m going to believe I gave it all I got. No matter what, I can learn and grow from this situation. This isn’t going to bring me down. This isn’t going to end my career. This is an opportunity for me to grow. And I’m going to make the most of it.” On the 2019 regular season, he has gone 2-4 in six games. He has completed 94 of 159 passes (59.1 percent) for 1,179 yards and seven touchdowns to two interceptions. Tannehill, meanwhile, has appeared in two games and flashed off the bench. He has gone 13 of 16 (81.3 percent) for 144 yards, but remains without a touchdown and carries one interception with him.
Marcus Mariota: Bio, Early Life, Education and Parents
On 30th October 1993, Marcus was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. His full name is Marcus Ardel Tafuna Taulauniu Mariota. He was born to Alana Deppe-Mariota and Toa Mariota. He holds an American nationality and is of multiracial by his ethnicity. His horoscope sign is Scorpio. He has a younger brother named, Matt Mariota. His religion is Christian. As of 2018, he celebrated his 25th birthday with his friends and families. He attneded Saint Louis School where he was a dual-sports star in track and football. Later, he attended the University of Oregon. In football, he was relatively unknown until late in his high school career due to not starting until his senior season. In his senior years, he earned several awards and honors including HHSAA Division 1 State Football Championship, Interscholastic League of Honolulu Offensive Player of the Year, PrepStar Magazine All-West Region and Hawaii Gatorade Player of the Year.
Marcus Mariota: Height, Weight, Body Size
Marcus is a very elegent person with charming and glowing face. With his playing skills and attractive personality, he attracts a lot of people towards him. With the balanced weight of 222 lb or 101 Kg, he stands at the perfect and tall height of six feet four inches. He has got a great body. His other body measurements, as well as his other body details, has not been revealed by him. He maintained his body a lot by doing exercises and by maintaining diet. His body build is Athletic.
Marcus Mariota: College Career
- After redshirting the 2011 season, Marcus was made college career debut in 2012 as the first freshman to start a season opener for the Ducks in 22 seasons.
- He earned Pac-12 All-Conference 1st Team honors for the second consecutive year after setting a Pac-12 record from the end of the 2012 season into the 2013 season by attempting 353 passes without an interception.
- He was featured on the national cover of the 4th November 2013 issue of Sports Illustrated as the favorite to win the Heisman trophy before the No. 2 ranked Ducks fell to No. 6 Stanford on November 7.
- His sophomore season was considered a letdown after the Ducks failed to reach a BCS bowl berth for the first time since the 2008 season.
- He announced his decision to bypass the NFL Draft and return for the 2014 season.
- He was considered one of the best prospects for the NFL Draft before the starte of 2014 season.
- He became the first Oregon Duck and Hawaii-born athlete to win the Heisman Trophy on 13th December 2014 where he had 788 out of 891 (88.4%) of the first-place votes, and 90.9% of the total points.
Marcus Mariota: Professional Career
- Marcus was selected with the second overall pick in the first round by the Tennessee Titans in the 2015 NFL Draft.
- He had the best-selling NFL jersey in the league in May 2015.
- Mariota and the Titans agreed to a contract on 21st July 2015 where he signed a four-year, $24,213,974 contract with the Tennessee Titans.
- On 14th august 2015, he made his professional debut in the first preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons where he completed 7 out of 8 passes for 94 yards with an interception and a lost fumble returned for a touchdown.
- He was also named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week 1.
- He also became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to have two games with four touchdowns and no interceptions.
- He had 2,818 passing yards with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 12 games of his rookie year in 2015.
- He threw for 4 touchdowns and 295 yards as the Titans beat the Green Bay Packers by a score of 47-25 on 13th November 2016.
- He fractured his right fibula in Week 16 in a 38-17 Christmas Eve loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars and he underwent surgery and was out for the final game of the season.
- With a career-high 3,426 passing yards with 26 touchdowns and 9 interceptions, he finished his 2016 season.
- Against the Oakland Raiders in the season opener, he recorded a rushing touchdown in the first quarter for the Titans’ first points of the 2017 season on 10th September 2017.
- He finished the regular season with 3,232 passing yards, 13 passing touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 312 rushing yards, and 5 rushing touchdowns.
- The Titans picked up the fifth-year option on his contract on 18th April 2018.
- Against the Miami Dolphins in the season opener, he was limited to 103 passing yards and 15 rushing yards before leaving the 27-20 defeat with an elbow injury on 9th September 2018.
- He helped the Titans win against the New England Patriots 34-10 marking the first time the Titans beat the Patriots since 2002 on 11th November 2018.
- He finished the 2018 season with a career-low 11 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and a career-low 2,528 passing yards.
- During Week 4 against the Atlanta Falcons, he threw for 227 yards and three touchdowns in the 24-10 road victory.
- During a 16-0 Week 6 road loss to the Denver Broncos, he was benched in the third quarter in favor of Ryan Tannehill with the Titans trailing 13-0 after he threw for 63 yards and two interceptions on 13th October 2019.
Marcus Mariota: Dating, Girlfriend
It is always interesting to discuss the relationship details of football players. Marcus is not married yet but he is in a relationship with his college girlfriend named Kiyomi Cook. Their relationship became public a year later after they spotted together in Mariota’s NFL Draft Party in 2015 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The couple met in 2014 while attending the University of Oregon and reported to be dating since then. Kiyomi studied human physiology and earned a bachelor of science degree at the age of 20. As of today, the couple is residing in Nashville. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. The duo is planning to get married soon.
Marcus Mariota: Net Worth, Salary, Earnings
The net worth of this famous footballer will be surely in millions. As of some sources, his net worth is estimated to have $6 Million as of 2019. He made all his wealth on his own hard work and dedication. He earned it all by himself and he deserves all of it. He was made 4-year contract at $24,213,974 with the Tennessee Titans, including the $15,870,164 signing bonus, $24,213,974 guaranteed and the annual salary of $6,053,494. His major source of earning is from his football career. Beside this, he is also making money from various endorsements. His significant deal includes one of the largest footwear manufacturing company Nike, signed in 2015. He also owns 942 square feet classy penthouse in 600 12th Ave S Apt 2206 Nashville, TN 37203, worth $1.05 million. He purchased the house back in 2015. Overall, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.