Quick Facts Of Marie Laforet
Celebrated Name Marie Laforet Age 80 Years Nick Name N/A Birth Name Maitena Marie Brigitte Doumenach Birth Date 1939-11-05 Gender Female Profession Singer and Actress Birth Nation France Place Of Birth Soulac-sur-Mer, Gironde Nationality Swiss-French Ethnicity Mixed Horoscope Libra Religion Will Update Soon… Education Lycee La Fontaine Marital Status Married Spouse Jean-Gabriel Albicocco, Judas Azuelos, Alain Kahn-Sriber, Pierre Meyer, and Eric De Lavandeyra Children Three Father Jean Douménach Mother Marie-Louise Saint Guily Siblings One Sisters Alexandra Height 5 feet 6 inches Weight 56 Kg Eye Color Brown Hair Color Brown Body Measurement 30-24-33 inches Bra Cup Size 36A (US) Net Worth Under Review Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Death Date 2019-11-02 Place Of Death Genolier, Switzerland Cause Of Death Will Update Soon… Links Wikipedia
Marie Laforet is a famous French singer and actress, who began her career at the age of twenty. Since then, this artist who faced dire poverty and psychological stigma as a child has overcome her inhibitions, and given stellar performances not just in French and Italian movies, but also as a singer. She is known for her exceptional beauty with sharp facial features, which add to her brilliant talent as an actor. As a singer, this accomplished musician stands out from the crowd owing to her melodious, haunting voice, which overflows with emotions. Even today, French music seems incomplete without this splendid singer contributing her magic to it.
Marie Laforet, French singer and actress ‘with the golden eyes,’ dies at 80
French-Swiss actress and singer Marie Laforêt, nicknamed “the girl with golden eyes”, has died aged 80 near Geneva, Switzerland, where she lived since 1978. Laforet, who held French and Swiss nationality, died on Saturday in the Swiss town of Genolier, between Lausanne and Geneva, her family announced on Sunday. The cause of death remains unknown.
She went on to act in 35 films and sold more than 35 million albums. She released her first single Vendanges de l’amour in 1963. Her other hits included Ivan, Boris et Moi, Il a neigé sur Yesterday, Viens Sur la Montagne, Marie douceur, Marie colère and Que Calor la Vida.
Singing in French and Spanish, she drew inspiration from American and European folk music. As an actress, she worked with film directors such as Georges Lautner, Henri Verneuil Pierre Granier-Deferred, Michel Deville and Jean-Pierre Mocky. She appeared alongside stars such as Alain Delon and Jean-Paul Belmondo.
“My career has been rather haphazard but my life has been full from beginning to end,” said Laforet, who married five times, and also worked as a theatre actress and as a writer, antique dealer, and auctioneer.
Where is Marie Laforet born?
Recalling her early life, Marie Laforet was born as Maitena Marie Brigitte Doumenach to Jean Douménach and Marie-Louise Saint Guily in the Soulac-Sur-Mer commune of the Médoc region, France. Jean and Marie were blessed with another younger daughter, Alexandra.
The young girl’s father was taken into custody by German officials when World War II was being fought, and the rest of the Douménach family had to fend for themselves. The struggles they went through caused the little girl to become psychologically scarred.
Initially, the family took refuge at a place known as Cahors, but after 1945, when Jean was released, they settled down in the capital city, Paris. It was here that Marie attended the ‘Lycee La Fontaine’ to pursue her secondary education, and she also developed an interest in drama and performing arts.
When did Marie Laforet begin to start acting and singing?
- Marie began her singing career when she contested in 1959, instead of her sister at the ‘Naissance dune etoile’, a French talent hunt for the radio. She won the contest and was immediately noticed, not just by the music industry, but also by famous French filmmakers.
- She adopted the stage last name of Laforet and was supposed to debut in ‘Liberte’, a movie by filmmaker Louis Malle, which was shelved eventually. She was subsequently launched in 1960 in the film, ‘Plein Soleil’, alongside Alain Delon.
- In 1961, she appeared in filmmaker, Jean-Gabriel Albicocco’s movie, ‘La Fille aux Yeux d’. The next year, she starred in two more movies, ‘Rat Trap’ and ‘Leviathan’, directed by Jean-Gabriel Albicocco and Léonard Keigel, respectively.
- In the year 1963, Laforêt produced several hit singles including ‘Tu fais semblant – Les vendanges de l’amour’, and ‘Au coeur de l’automne – L’amour en fleurs/ Qu’est-ce qui fait pleurer les filles – Mais si loin de Moi’. She also sang a cover of Bob Dylan’s ‘Blowin’ in the Wind’ and an American ballad, ‘House of the Rising Sun’.
- The following year, this talented artiste acted in the Édouard Molinaro film, ‘Male Hunt’. The same year, she released beautiful tracks like ‘Viens Sur la Montagne’, ‘Les Noces de Campagne’, and ‘Après Toi qui sait’, amongst several others.
- In 1965, Marie appeared in the movies, Cent briques et des tuiles, Marie-Chantal contre le Docteur Kha, and The Camp Followers. The same year, her singles, ‘Entre Toi et Moi’, ‘Ah! Dites, dites’, and ‘À demain my darling’ was released.
- The next year, apart from hit original singles like ‘Prenons le temps’, and ‘Mon amour, mon ami’, Laforêt also remade the Simon and Garfunkel sell-out, ‘The Sound of Silence’ into ‘La voix du silence’. Around the same time, she also did a cover of ‘Paint It Black’, sung by the band ‘Rolling Stones’.
- From 1967-69, she acted in successful films like Roger Boussinot’s ‘Le Treizième Caprice’, and the ‘MGM’ production, ‘Jack of Diamonds’, directed by Don Taylor. This brilliant performer was also at the top of her career, belting out tracks like, ‘Feuilles d’or’, ‘Toi, nos enfants et Moi’, ‘Pour une étoile’, amongst many more.
- Towards the end of the decade, Laforêt had gained immense popularity, with her songs belonging to a completely unique genre, characterized by intense emotions.
- However, her music label, the ‘CBS Records’ forced her to produce more commercial tracks, because of which she soon gave up her bright career, and settled down in Switzerland. In Switzerland, she began dealing in art, establishing her own gallery, and making a name for herself in a new profession.
- During 1973-79, Marie delivered the hits, ‘Viens, viens’, adapted from Simon Butterfly’s German track, ‘Rain, Rain, Rain’, as well as the single, ‘Il a neigé sur yesterday’. She was also cast in the crime thriller, ‘Cop or Hood’, made by Georges Lautner.
- In the 1980s, Laforêt was seen in several commercially successful Italian and French movies including, ‘Les Diplômés du dernier rang’, ‘Le Pactole’, ‘Fucking Fernand’, and ‘Happy Easter’.
- In 1993, she released her last record, ‘Reconnaissances’, for which she turned songwriter, working in collaboration with writer Jean-Marie Leau. The album included hit singles like ‘Jérusalem, Yerushalayim’, ‘Déjà Vu’, and ‘Zistoires D’Amours’, amongst others.
- During the same period, she also appeared in films like ‘Dis-Moi oui’, ‘Héroïnes’, and ‘Tykho Moon’. In the 2000s, she traveled for a long-awaited national tour, across France, performing live in concerts. She also acted in the movie ‘LesBureaux de Dieu’, directed by Claire Simon, towards the end of the decade.
Who is Marie Laforet married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Laforet has married five times in her life. first with her colleague, filmmaker, Jean-Gabriel Albicocco, in 1961. Thereafter, she was married to a businessman, Judas Azuelos, with who she had two children.
After that, she got married to Alain Kahn-Sriber, an art dealer with who she had a third child. Subsequently, she was wedded to a man named Pierre Meyer and later Eric De Lavandeyra, stockbroker both marriages being short-lived.
How much net worth does Marie Laforet earn?
As a singer and actress, Marie earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, her estimated net worth and salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Marie Laforet?
Observing her body physics, Marie stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. She has a pair of brown eyes and brown hair color. She used 36A (US) bra size. Further, her body measures 30-24-33 inches.