Quick Facts Of Mark Harmon
Celebrated Name Mark Harmon Age 68 Years Nick Name Silver Fox Birth Name Thomas Mark Harmon Birth Date 1951-09-02 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Burbank, California Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Virgo Best Known For His role in “St. Elsewhere”, “Chicago Hope”. Father Tom Harmon Mother Elyse Knox Sisters Kristin Nelson and Kelly Harmon School Harvard-Westlake School College / University Pierce College University University of California Education BA in Communication Marital Status Married Married Date March 21, 1987 Spouse Pam Dawber Son Sean Thomas Harmon and Ty Christian Harmon Net Worth $90 million Salary $525k per episode Height 6ft.(1.83m) Weight 84kg(185lbs) Body Measurement 40-15-34 inches Shoe Size 11(US) Hair Color White Eye Color Green Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian
Mark Harmon is an American television and film actor who has appeared in a wide variety of roles in several films, television shows and stage productions since the early 1970s. Harmon was named “Sexiest Man Alive” by People in 1986 for his role in “St. Elsewhere”. Harmon earned Emmy award for his role in “The West Wing” as Simon Donovan. Harman has been able to mark his name on the list of the most successful actor in Hollywood.
What is Mark Harmon Famous for?
- Mark Harmon is famous for his role in hit movies “St. Elsewhere”, “Chicago Hope”, “NCIS: New Orleans” and “The West Wing”.
When and Where was Mark Harmon Born?
Mark Harmon was born on September 2, 1951, in Burbank, California, United States. His birth name is Thomas Mark Harmon. His nationality is American. Harmon belongs to White ethnicity and is of Austrian descent while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
Mark Harmon is the son of Tom Harmon(father) and Elyse Knox(mother). His father was a football player and broadcaster while his mother was an actress. Mark Harmon was raised along with his two elder sisters named Kristin Nelson, an actress and painter, and Kelly Harmon, an actress, and model. Kristin died of a heart attack in 2018.
Harmon attended Harvard-Westlake School and then he completed a two-year associated degree at Pierce College in Los Angeles in 1970. Later then, he got transferred to the University of California and then graduated with a BA in Communication “cum laude” in 1974.
He started his career in basketball in the university where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team in 1972. He also received the National Football Foundation Award for All-Round Excellence in his senior year.
Harmon thought of taking up advertising or law as his career option. Also, he worked as a carpenter before he entered in the acting field.
When Did Mark Harmon Start His Professional Career?
- Mark Harmon started his career in the acting sector with his first national TV debut through the commercial for Kellogg’s cereals.
- Harmon made his first debut in television series through “Ozzie’s Girls”.
- Harmon was then cast in the TV Movie, “Eleanor and Franklin: The White House Years”.
- Later, he was cast as Captain John Macintosh for the mini-series, “Centennial” and then in the film, “Comes a Horseman” in 1978.
- Harmon starred in the movie “Beyond the Poseidon Adventure”(1979) and received the primetime soap opera, “Flamingo Road”(1980).
- Harmon made his breakthrough career through the role of Dr. Robert Caldwell in the series, “St. Elsewhere” in 1983.
- Harmon also starred in the movies “Let’s Get Harry” and “Summer School”.
- Harmon performed in TV movies such as “The Presidio” and “Stealing Home”.
- Harmon then was cast as the Chicago police detective in the NBC series, “Reasonable Doubts” and ABC series, “Charlie Grace”.
- Later in 1996, Harmon played the role of Dr. Jack McNeil in the series, “Chicago Hope”.
- In May 2002, Harmon appeared on the story arc, “The West Wing” as Simon Donovan.
- Harmon also starred as Gibbs in the CBS drama “NCIS: New Orleans” which earned him six nominations and an award.
- In 2003, Harmon also played a supporting role in the remake comedy film, “Freaky Friday”.
- Harmon received the 2482nd star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 1, 2012.
- In 2014, Haron started a production company called “Wings Production” to produce NCIS: New Orleans.
Is Mark Harmon Married? How Many Children Does He Have?
Mark Harmon is a married man. Harmon is married to the actress, Pam Dawber for over three decades now. Pam is also a popular actress mainly known for her role as Mindy McConnell in the 1978 sitcom “Mork & Mindy”.
The couple got married on March 21, 1987, in a grand wedding after a year of seeing each other.
Harmon and Dawber are blessed with two children. The couple welcomed their first son Sean Thomas Harmon on April 25, 1988, and then their second son Ty Christian Harmon on June 25, 1992.
Adding more to his personal life, Harmon is the uncle of Tracy Nelson(actress), Matthew and Gunnar Nelson(singers). Currently, Harmon is living a happy life with his wife and his children.
Harmon also has saved the life of a teenage boy who got in a car accident outside his Brentwood house. The boy was burned thirty percent of his body.
Is Mark Harmon A Millionaire?
Considering all the hard works and time that Mark Harmon has put on his career, Harmon has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his movies and TV shows. Harmon enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be $90 million.
Harmon earns a salary of $525k for each episode of the shows that he attends. With the fortune, Harmon has been living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Mark Harmon?
The 68 years old popular actor, Mark Harmon has a well-maintained body physique. Being an actor, Harmon has always been conscious of his health and fitness. Harmon has a great height as he stands tall with a height of 6ft.(1.83m) while his body weighs around 84kg(185lbs).
Harmon has a body measurement of 40-15-34 inches with 11(US) as his shoe size. Talking about his looks, Harmon has a fair complexion with white hair and blue eyes.
Did You Know?
- Mark Harmon is the youngest child of the family.
- Harmon was a marathon runner and also had received the National Football Foundation Award for All-Round Excellence in his senior year.
- Harmon bought his first car when he was just 13.