Quick Facts Of Mark Zuckerberg
Celebrated Name Mark Zuckerberg Age 35 Years Nick Name Zuck Birth Name Mark Elliot Zuckerberg Birth Date 1984-05-14 Gender Male Profession Entrepreneur Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth White Plains, New York Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Taurus Father Edward Zuckerberg Mother Karen Zuckerberg Siblings 3 Sisters Randi Zuckerberg, Donna Zuckerberg and Arielle Zuckerberg Brothers 0 Religion Christian High School Ardsley High School College / University Mercy College University Harvard University Height 5 ft 7 in Weight 70 Kg Body Build/Type Slim Eye Color Grey Hair Color Brown Shoe Size Will Update Soon Awards Won Crunchie Award Marital Status Married Spouse Priscilla Chan Married Date 2012 Sexual Orientation Straight Children 2: Maxine Chan and August Chan Zuckerberg Net Worth $ 71.7 billion Source of Wealth Facebook Career Salary $1 M
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg famed as Mark Zuckerberg is an entrepreneur who is well-known for being the co-founder of Facebook as well as its chairman and chief executive officer. He also co-founded and is a board member of the solar sail spacecraft development project Breakthrough Starshot. On 4th February 2004, he launched Facebook from his dormitory room with college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. His net worth is estimated to be $71.7 billion as of 24th October 2019, increasing over the past year with Facebook stock as a whole. He was ranked 10th on Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People as of December 2016. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Hillary Clinton: Mark Zuckerberg ‘Should Pay a Price’ for Facebook Political Ads
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton came out swinging against the use of big data in political campaigns Friday night in New York City. Clinton said privacy rights are “one of the cardinal challenges” facing democracy. She appeared at an event in support of the Netflix documentary “The Great Hack,” which examines the U.K.-based data firm Cambridge Analytica and its role in the 2016 election, Brexit, as well as elections in Trinidad and Tobago and Kenya. Speaking pointedly to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, she urged him to act quickly to combat disinformation spread through fake political ads on Facebook. “Mark Zuckerberg should pay a price for what he is doing to ourdemocracy,” said Clinton.
Zuckerberg’s power to hurt Trump
Top Republicans are privately worried about a new threat to President Trump’s campaign: the possibility of Facebook pulling a Twitter and banning political ads. Facebook says it won’t, but future regulatory pressure could change that. If Facebook were to ban or even limit ads, it could upend Trump’s fundraising and re-election plan, GOP officials told. His campaign has mastered the art of using Facebook’s precision-targeting of people to raise money, stir opposition to impeachment, move voters and even sell Trump shirts and hats.
- For being the co-founder of the social media phenomena, Facebook where he serves as a chief executive officer and chairman of the company.
- For being one of the richest men in the world with his net worth amounting to more than $72 billion as of February 2018.
Who are the Parents and Siblings of Mark Zuckerberg?
Mark Zuckerberg was born on 14th May 1984 as Mark Elliot Zuckerberg which was his birth name. He experienced his childhood in White Plains, New York, the USA. He belongs to American nationality whereas his ethnicity is White. His father was a dentist and his mother was a psychiatrist. He is Jewish and his horoscope sign is Taurus. He was born to his parents; Edward Zuckerberg (Father) and Karen Zuckerberg (Mother). Randi Zuckerberg, Donna Zuckerberg, and Arielle Zuckerberg are his three sisters. His religion is Christianity and Buddhism. He attended Ardsley High School and later he attended New York Philips Academy. He also attended Mercy College while he was still in high school. After Graduation, he attended Harvard University. He stated that he could read and write French, Hebrew, Latin, and ancient Greek. As of 2019, he celebrated his 35th birthday with his friends and families.
How tall is Mark Zuckerberg?
Mark Zuckerberg is a very handsome person with a slim body build. He has got a Hazel Grey eye color whereas his hair color is Goldish Brown. He has got a perfect height matching with his body weight. He stands at the tall height of five feet seven inches and his balanced weight consist of 70 Kg. His other information regarding the body measurement will is updated soon as it has not been revealed by himself neither it has been published on any internet websites. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers towards him. He makes an effort to find time for exercise in his packed schedule as he believes working out gives him more energy. He also aims to workout at least three times a week. His preferred time for a workout is in the morning. Also, he occasionally heads out for a run with his pet dog. He is not very choosy and eats whatever he feels like. He doesn’t like wasting his time on deciding small things such as what to eat. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
How was the Career of Mark Zuckerberg?
- Mark Zuckerberg started using computers and writing software while he was in middle school.
- Later, his father taught him Atari BASIC Programming in the 1990s and later hired software developer David Newman to tutor him privately.
- He also took a graduate course in the subject at Mercy College near his home.
- He then built a software program he called “ZuckNet” that allowed all the computers between the house and dental office to communicate with each other.
- He later became captain of his prep school fencing team and earned a classics diploma.
- He worked under the company name Intelligent Media Group to build a music player called the Synapse Media Player when he was in high school.
- He began classes at Harvard where he studied psychology and computer science and belonged to Alpha Epsilon Pi and Kirkland House.
- He wrote a program that he called CourseMatch, which allowed users to make class selection decisions based on the choices of other students and also to help them form study groups.
- He then created Facemash that lets students select the best-looking person from a choice of photos. Many students complained that their photos were being used without permission and Mark apologized publicly.
- He began writing code for a new website in the year 2004.
- He launched “Thefacebook”, originally located at thefacebook.com on 4th February 2004.
- Three Harvard seniors, Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss, and Divya Narendra, accused Mark of intentionally misleading them into believing he would help them build a social network called HarvardConnection.com.
- The three filed a lawsuit against Mark that resulted in a settlement and the agreed settlement was for 1.2 million Facebook shares.
- He dropped out of Harvard in his sophomore year in order to complete his project.
- He also received an honorary degree from Harvard on 28th May 2017.
- Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook from his Harvard dormitory room on 4th February 2004.
- Samyr Laine, a triple jumper representing Haiti at the 2012 Summer Olympics, shared a room with Zuckerberg during Facebook’s founding.
- Later, they moved to Silicon Valley where they leased a small house that served as an office.
- He then met Peter Thiel, who invested in the company and they got their first office in mid-2004.
- He reported that the company reached the 500 million-user on 21st July 2010.
- Facebook instituted “hackathons” held every six to eight weeks where participants would have one night to conceive of and complete a project.
- He was chosen as number 16 in New Statesman’s annual survey of the world’s 50 most influential figures in the year 2010.
- After the death of Steve Jobs, Mark said that Jobs had advised him on how to create a management team at Facebook that was “focused on building as high quality and good things as you are”.
- He visited Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev in Moscow to stimulate social media innovation in Russia and to boost Facebook’s position in the Russian market on 1st October 2012.
- In the year 2012, Facebook had roughly 9 million users in Russia, while domestic clone VK had around 34 million.
- The Washington Post reported that Zuckerberg’s Facebook profile was hacked by an unemployed web developer on 19th August 2013.
- He was also the keynote speaker at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC), held in Barcelona, Spain, in March 2014, which was attended by 75,000 delegates.
- He receives a one-dollar salary as CEO of Facebook.
- In August 2004, Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Adam D’Angelo, and Sean Parker founded Wirehog, a peer-to-peer file sharing service called Wirehog.
- He announced the Facebook Platform on 24th May 2007 and also he announced Beacon on 6th November 2007.
- He then announced Facebook Connect, a version of Facebook Platform for the user on 23rd July 2008.
- He launched the Internet.org project in late August 2013.
- He founded the Start-up: Education foundation.
- In June 2017, Zuckerberg reported that Facebook has garnered two billion users.
Who is the Wife of Mark Zuckerberg?
Regarding the marital status of Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, he is a married person. He was married to his beautiful wife, Priscilla Chan. He met Priscilla Chan, at a fraternity party during his sophomore year at Harvard. They began dating in 2003. On 19th May 2012, Mark and Priscilla married in his backyard in an event that also celebrated her graduation from medical school. He announced on 31st July 2015 that the couple was expecting a baby girl and revealed that Chan had experienced three miscarriages previously. He announced the birth of their daughter, Maxima Chan Zuckerberg (“Max”) on 1st December 2015. They welcomed their second daughter, August, in August 2017. At present, he is leading a blissful and happy family life. Both understand each other very well and both of them respect each other and it’s visible. The couples are less likely to divorce, however, it’s too early to predict anything. She is always there to support him. Both of them are living a happy married life. He is having a great family life.
What is the Net Worth of Mark Zuckerberg?
Mark Zuckerberg is an internet entrepreneur and philanthropist from America. He co-founded Facebook and serves as its current chairman and chief executive officer. He is earning an enormous amount of money from an Internet entrepreneur and computer programmer. He also earns from advertisements given by Facebook for other companies which add up to his total net worth that is estimated to be $ 71.7 billion as of 24th October 2019. His estimated salary is $1 Million at present. His major source of income is from his Facebook. He is very sincere towards his work and he never takes work for granted. His experiences and his knowledge is something incredibly valuable. He would be an asset to any organization. He is highly loved and admired by his fans for his work. He is an inspiration to many aspiring computer programmers. He has appeared in a social cause TV advert for Code.org to raise awareness about child advocacy and education.
Did You Know?
- Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of Facebook as well as its chairman and chief executive officer.
- On 4th February 2004, he launched Facebook from his dormitory room with college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
- He was ranked 10th on Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People as of December 2016.
- Randi Zuckerberg, Donna Zuckerberg, and Arielle Zuckerberg are his three sisters.
- He stated that he could read and write French, Hebrew, Latin, and ancient Greek.