Quick Facts Of Maya Rudolph
Celebrated Name Maya Rudolph Age 47 Years Nick Name Maya Birth Name Maya Khabira Rudolph Birth Date 1972-07-27 Gender Female Profession Actress Place Of Birth Gainesville, Florida, U.S Nationality American Birth Nation United States of America Residence California Famous For Actress, Singer Marital Status Married Husband Paul Thomas Anderson Children Four Father Richard Rudolph Mother Minnie Riperton Horoscope Leo Height 5 feet 7 inches Siblings Marc Rudolph Weight 68 Kg Eye Color Brown Hair Color Blonde Ethnicity Mixed Net Worth $10 Million University University of California College / University Porter College School Crossroads School Educational Qualification Bachelor of Arts Degree Body Measurement 39-28-39 inches Bra Cup Size 36C Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Maya Rudolph has kept her audience reeling with laughter for the past seven years (2001-2007). Since she has been appearing in the famous NBC comedy sketch Saturday Night Live (SNL) show. She has portrayed prominent personalities in her attempt to create hilarious jokes. Her role in SNL has made her a household name in the entertainment industry.
Apart from that, she is also a multi-talented celebrity and actress who between 2004 to present has been nominated for twelve categories of awards of which she won two namely MTV Movie awards for Best Jaw-Dropping Moment (2012) and the Independent Spirit Awards (2014). This article aims at revealing more about her facts, keep reading.
Who are the parents of Maya Rudolph?
Recalling her early life, Maya Rudolph was born in Gainesville, Florida, the United States. Her birth name is Maya Khabira Rudolph and her birth sign is Leo. Her father’s name is Richard Rudolph (composer, lyricist, and producer) and her mother’s name is Minnie Riperton (singer, songwriter). Whereas, her mother passed away due to cancer when Maya Rudolph was seven years old. Similarly, She has a brother namely, Marc Rudolph. She holds American citizenship and mixed (Ashkenazi Jewish- African-American) ethnicity.
Talking about Maya’s education history, she did her schooling at St. Augustine by the Sea School during her teenage years and later graduated from the Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California. She then enrolled for a course in photography at the University of California in 1990 and completed her graduation with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Porter College in 1995.
What is the profession of Maya Rudolph?
- Talking about her profession, Maya Rudolph pursued her interest in comedy and began her career with the improv comedy troop ‘The Groundlings’. She was able to perform well and showcase her talent in acting during this phase. She also appeared in minor roles in movies like ‘As Good As It Gets’ (1997), ‘Gattaca’ (1997), and TV series ‘Chicago Hope’ (1996-1997).
- During 2000, she got a major break in her career by joining ‘Saturday Night Live’, a popular television live comedy show, as a featured player for three seasons between the years 1999-2000. Along with her acting capabilities, her talent as a singer was often used throughout the show. In the year 2000, she also bagged a recurring role in the TV series ‘City of Angels’.
- Likewise, in 2001, Maya got promoted as a cast member on the ‘Saturday Night Live’ show. She was much appreciated for her command over a wide range of accents that allowed her to portray different cultures and personalities with ease. A few of the ethnicities she portrayed include Hispanic, Asian, North European and Black.
- Similarly, she made her last appearance on the ‘Saturday Night Live’ show on November 2007. However, she appeared on the show as a guest in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Likely, she made a comeback on the show in 2012 as a host.
- During her time in the show, she performed more than 50 celebrity impressions. Whereas, her first major movie role came in 2006 with the film ‘A Prairie Home Companion’. She also co-starred in the movie ‘Idiocracy’ that released later that year.
- In the year 2007, she gave her voice to the character of Rapunzel in the movie ‘Shrek the Third’. Other moves that she has voice acted include ‘Zookeeper’ (2011), ‘Turbo’ (2013), ‘The Nut Job’ (2014), ‘Big Hero 6’ (2014) and ‘Strange Magic’ (2015).
- During 2010, Maya acted in the movie ‘Grown Ups’ starring Adam Sandler. The next year she appeared in the movie’ Bridesmaids’. During 2011, she also acted in ‘Friends with Kids’.
- During 2013, she appeared in a supporting role in the film ‘The Way, Way Back’. She also co-starred in the situational comedy ‘Up All Night’. In the following year, she appeared in the crime comedy-drama film ‘Inherent Vice’.
- Likewise, in 2014, a television pilot of Universal Television’s ‘The Maya Rudolph Show’ was aired. The show was an attempt to revisit the classic variety show format. Maya Rudolph co-produced and starred in it.
- Similarly, in 2015, she played roles in the romantic comedy movie ‘Maggie’s Plan’ and musical comedy film ‘A Very Murray Christmas’. Upcoming projects include comedy film ‘Sisters’ (2015), drama film ‘We Don’t Belong Here’ (2016) and a voice role in the animated comedy ‘The Angry Birds Movie’ (2016).
- Also in 2018, she has been seen on TV doing Ruby Tuesday and Seventh Generation commercials. In 2019, she played the mom of the kids in The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.
What are the achievements of Maya Rudolph?
Maya Rudolph won Best Female Vocal Performance in a Feature Film in a Supporting Role for Strange Magic (2015) at BTVA Feature Film Voice Acting Award in 2016. She won Inherent Vice (2014) at Robert Altman Award, she won Comedy Guest Actress for The Good Place (2016) at Gold Derby TV Award. Similarly, she won Best Gut-Wrenching Performance for Bridesmaids (2011) at MTV Movie Award.
Who is Maya Rudolph married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Maya Rudolph was married to her long-term boyfriend Paul Thomas Anderson. The couple married in 2001 and blessed with four lovely kids. They are Pearl Bailey Anderson (2005), Lucille Anderson (2009), Jackson Wright Anderson (2011) and Minnie Ida Anderson (2013). The couple is happy with each other’s life partners till dates.
There is no record of extra affairs but she has dated some guys in her past days. They are Jerry Minor, Matt Sharp, and Chris Kattan. As of now, there is no controversy related to her personal and professional life.
How much net worth does Maya Rudolph own?
For her more than 18 years in the field of the entertainment industry, Maya Rudolph earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame as an actress. As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $10 million as of 2019. However, her salary still is in mystery. In the case of an update, we will let you know.
How tall is Maya Rudolph?
Observing her body physics, Maya has a height of 5 feet 7 inches and she weighs around 68 Kg. Additionally, she has a measurement of 39-28-39 inches and her bra size is 36C. Her hair color is brown and her eyes color is brown.
Did You Know?
- Prior to joining Saturday Night Live, Rudolph was a backing singer (1995–99) and briefly a keyboardist in the band The Rentals, with whom she toured for a short time.