Quick Facts Of Michael Cera
Celebrated Name Michael Cera Age 31 Years Nick Name Mike Birth Name Michael Austin Cera Birth Date 1988-09-07 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation Canada Place Of Birth Brampton Nationality Canadian Ethnicity Mixed Education Conestoga Public School, Robert H. Lagerquist Senior Public School and Heart Lake Secondary School Horoscope Gemini Marital Status Unmarried – In a Relationship Girl Friend Nadine Children Not yet Father Luigi Cera Mother Linda Cera Siblings Two Sisters Jordan Cera and Molly Cera Height 5 feet 9 inches Weight 70 Kg Eye Color Light Dark Hair Color Wavy Net Worth $20 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Acting Career Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Remember the child actor who stole the hearts of the viewing public with his performance in the comedy show titled I Was a Sixth Grade Alien? That would be Michael Cera, the Canadian singer, and actor who is still in the business of entertainment, arresting the attention of fans and viewers who cannot help but admire his rare acting skills.
Apart from his acting career, Cera has made a foray into the world of music, he is a member of a music band popularly known as The Long Goodbye and has worked on an album titled True That in the past. He was part of the rock band Mister Heavenly where he performed in his capacity as a touring bass player. As a young and multi-talented personality, Michael Cera is on the right path to taking his career in the entertainment industry to new heights in the nearest future.
Who are the parents of Michael Cera?
Recalling his early life, Michael Cera was born in Brampton, Canada. He is the son of Linda Cera and Luigi Cera a technician and both worked for Xerox. Cera grew up along with his sisters Jordan Cera and Molly Cera.
At the age of three, Cera developed his interest in acting after he watched Ghostbusters repeatedly.
Until grade nine, Cera attended three schools Conestoga Public School, Robert H. Lagerquist Senior Public School and Heart Lake Secondary School. However, he completed his school online through grade 12.
When did Michael Cera pursue his acting career?
- Michael Cera started his career with an unpaid appearance in a Tim Hortons commercial. He was eventually offered a Pillsbury commercial. Then in 1999, he was cast in the TV series ‘I Was a Sixth Grade Alien’. The same year, he did the TV movies ‘Switching Goals’ and ‘What Katy Did’.
- Cera made his debut on the big screen in 2000 through the flick ‘Frequency’. After that, he appeared in the films ‘Steal This Movie’ and ‘Ultimate G’s: Zac’s Flying Dream’.
- In 2001, he voiced the character of Josh Spitz in ‘Braceface’. The same year, he did a few more TV projects such as ‘Doc’, ‘The Ripping Friends’, ‘Stolen Miracle’, ‘My Louisiana Sky’, ‘The Familiar Stranger’ and ‘Walter and Henry’.
- Then Cera played the role of young Chuck Barris in the movie ‘Confessions of a Dangerous Mind’. After this, he lent his voice to the character of Brother Bear in the animated series ‘The Berenstain Bears’ as well as to the character of Robbie Rabbit in ‘Pecola’.
- The Canadian actor’s breakthrough performance came in 2003 when he was offered the role of George Michael Bluth in the TV series ‘Arrested Development’.
- In 2007, he wrote, produced, and directed the show ‘Clark and Michael’. The same year, he appeared in the movies ‘Superbad’ and ‘Juno’.
- From 2008 to 2016, Michael Cera voiced the character of Sal Viscuso in the series ‘Children’s Hospital’. In 2008, he was offered the films ‘Extreme Movie’ and ‘Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist’.
- He played the role of Scott Pilgrim in the 2010 flick ‘Scott Pilgrim vs. the World’. He co-composed the soundtrack for this movie as well. Around this time, he also played the mandolin and contributed backing vocals to the song titled ‘Hang On’ for Weezer’s album ‘Hurley.’
- Two years later, he appeared in the short film ‘The Immigrant’ as well as in the TV show ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ In 2013, the Canadian star did many small and big-screen projects like ‘Magic Magic’, ‘Brazzaville Teen-Ager’, ‘Failure’, ‘This is the End’, ‘Gregory Go Boom’, ‘Bitch’ and ‘Drunk History’.
- In 2014, he released his debut album ‘True That’ through his Bandcamp page. This album featured 19 original tracks, the cover of Foley’s ‘Clay Pigeons’ and the cover of Falconer’s ‘Play It Again’. The following year, the Canadian musician got featured in Alden Penner’s track ‘Meditate’.
- Michael Cera then appeared as Tim in the short film ‘That Dog’ in 2015.
- He also guest-starred in the series ‘Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp’. In 2017, he appeared in an episode of the series ‘Twin Peaks’. The same year, he did the movies ‘Person to Person’, ‘Lemon’ and ‘How to Be a Latin Lover’.
- Cera appeared on stage again in October 2018, starring in the third Kenneth Lonergan production, this time a revival of The Waverly Gallery at the John Golden Theatre on Broadway. The play also starred Elaine May, Lucas Hedges, and Joan Allen.
Is Michael Cera married or not?
The 30 years old renowned actor Michael Cera is currently dating his long-term girlfriend Nadine. However, Cera has kept his love life a bit secret from the public. He hasn’t revealed more information about his girlfriend.
Well, Cera and Nadine were spotted kissing each other walking down in the street in Brooklyn in May of 2018. Moreover, the couple was also wearing gold bands on their wedding finger which created speculation that the couple is already married secretly.
However, it is yet to be confirmed as the couple hasn’t talked anything about it. Besides this, Cera previously dated Charlyne Yi from 2006 to 2009. Moreover, Cera further dated Aubrey Plaza for a year from 2009-2010.
How much net worth does Michael Cera earn?
Since long Cera is still active in the field of acting and till date he has starred in numerous movies and television series. From his acting career, Cera earns a decent amount of money. He further adds money from his music career.
As of now, Cera has an estimated net worth of $20 million. Because of his low profile in social media, it is hard to find out his lifestyle, house, and cars.
How tall is Michael Cera?
Observing his body statistics, Cera stands at a stature of 5 feet 9 inches and gauges a proportionate 70 kilograms. Different insights regarding body estimations are not accessible right now. Be that as it may, a portion of his particular physical highlights incorporates light dark-colored eyes and wavy hair.
Did You Know?
- Plays guitar in his free time and, according to Ellen Page, his Juno (2007) co-star, he’s “very good at it”
- Was ranked #1 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list (2008).
- Nominated for a Tony Award as Best Featured Actor in a Play for his performance in “Lobby Hero” in 2018.