Quick Facts Of Mitch Marner
Celebrated Name Mitch Marner Age 22 Years Nick Name Marner Birth Name Mitchell Marner Birth Date 1997-05-05 Gender Male Profession Ice Hockey Player Birth Nation Canada Nationality Canadian Place Of Birth Markham, Canadato Ethnicity White Religion Christian Father Paul Mother Bonnie Brothers Christopher High School Blyth Academy Body Build/Type Athletic Height 6 ft Weight 80 Kg Eye Color Blue Hair Color Light Brown Body Measurement Will Add Soon Net Worth $5 Million Salary $832,500 Source of Wealth Ice Hockey Career Marital Status Unmarried Girlfriend Steph LaChance Sexual Orientation Straight Current Team Toronto Maple Leafs
Mitchell Marner shortly named Mitch Marner is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently a right-winger and an alternate captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL). He was selected fourth overall by the Maple Leafs in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Recently, he signed a six-year, $65.358 million contracts with the Maple Leafs on 13th September 2019. He is a very talented ice hockey player.
Mitch Marner effortlessly got past Mike Babcock’s request, Leafs’ primary focus is on Keefe.
Mitch Marner turned out just fine for the Maple Leafs. Nearly three years have passed since Marner was asked by Mike Babcock to take part in a bit of a different assignment. Rank the players on the team, Babcock asked Marner, a rookie at the time, from hardest-working to least-hardest-working. Babcock took the list and showed it to those players who were at the bottom. A source said Babcock didn’t try something similar with Marner again in the years that followed.
What is the birthplace of Mitch Marner?
Mitchell Marner was born on 5th May 1997 as Mitchell Marner. His parents Paul Marner and Bonnie Marner welcomed him in Markham, Canada. He holds Canadian nationality and he belongs to the White ethnic group. He is Christian by religion and his star sign is Taurus. He grew up along with his older brother, Christopher. He attended Blyth Academy where he played for his high school ice hockey team. As of 2019, he celebrated his 22nd birthday with his friends and families.
How tall is Mitch Marner?
With an athletic body build, Mitch Marner stands at the tall height of six feet or 183 cm with a balanced body weight of 80 Kg or 176.5 lbs. His eye color is blue whereas his hair color is light brown. His distinctive features are greek nose type, thin lips. He is amazingly handsome and he has got brilliant looks. He works out and eats healthy. He is conscious of his food intake. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet and will be updated soon. Overall, he has a decent height and a unique body figure with a healthy body.
How was the Career of Mitch Marner?
- Mitch began developing him on ice skills with 3 Zones Hockey School where he played his minor career in the Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL).
- He played with the Vaughan Kings in 2011-2012 season and went on to win a GTHL title.
- He transitioned to the Don Mills Flyers of the GTHL for the 2012-2013 season.
- He finished second in scoring in the GTHL behind Dylan Strome (who was then playing with the Toronto Marlboros).
- He was immediately invited to join the St. Michael’s Buzzers of the Ontario Junior A Hockey League.
- He received a scholarship offer from the University of Michigan to play for the Wolverines ice hockey team, while also being drafted by the London Knights in the first round of the 2013 OHL Priority Selection, 19th overall.
Major Junior Career
- He elected to sign with the London Knights, who selected him with their first-round pick in the 2013 Priority Selection.
- He registered 59 points in 64 games and was the runner-up for the OHL rookie of the year, behind Travis Konecny in his rookie season.
- He was consistently included as one of the top prospects in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
- He was also named to the OHL First All-Star team and awarded the Jim Mahon Memorial Trophy as the OHL’s highest-scoring right wing player.
- The Leafs signed Marner to a three-year, entry-level contract on 28th July 2015.
- He was named as co-captain of the Knights along with teammate Christian Dvorak on 1st October 2015.
- He finished the regular season second in OHL scoring with 116 points in 57 games.
- He was awarded the Red Tilson Trophy.
- He led the playoffs in scoring and with 44 points in 18 games in the year 2016.
- He was awarded the Wayne Gretzky 99 Award as playoff MVP.
- He helped lead the Knights in winning the 2016 Memorial Cup where he won both the Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy and the Ed Chynoweth Trophy as tournament MVP and leading scorer.
- He was the second player to win a Memorial Cup, a Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy, CHL Player of the Year, a league MVP trophy (Red Tilson Trophy) and a league playoff MVP trophy (Wayne Gretzky 99 Award) in the same season.
- He made his NHL debut in the team’s season opener 2016-2017 on October 12.
- In a game against the Florida Panthers, he had his first multi-point game, accumulating three assists to lead the Leafs to a 4-2 win on 27th October 2016.
- He had three points in a 6-2 win over the Nashville Predators on 15th November 2016.
- He was named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for January 2017.
- His play assisted the team in qualifying for the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs, where he scored his first playoff goal on his first shift of Game 1.
- During the Maple Leafs’ Next Century Game, he broke a 15-game goal drought and recorded a four-point game, the first time in his career on 19th December 2017.
- During the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs, he became the first Maple Leafs player to have a five-game point streak in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- He recorded a four-point game in a 7-4 win over the Dallas Stars on 9th October 2018.
- He recorded his 100th career assist on a game-tying goal by Jake Gardiner against the Winnipeg Jets to help the Leafs win 3-2 on 27th October 2018.
- He recorded a goal during a 4-2 win over the league-leading Tampa Bay Lightning on 17th January 2019.
- He signed a six-year, $65.358 million contracts with the Maple Leafs on 13th September 2019.
- He was named an alternate captain for the team at the start of the 2019-2020 season.
What is the net worth of Mitch Marner?
The net worth of Mitchell Marner will be surely in millions. As of 2019, he has an estimated net worth of $5 million. He reportedly signed a three-year contract worth $5,325,000 contract with Toronto Maple Leafs on July 28, 2015. The contract included a guaranteed sum of around $5,325,000 along with a signing bonus of around $277,500. has an average salary of $832,500 annually and Marner so far has made earnings of $5.325 million from his entire NHL career. His major source of earning is from his ice hockey career. Besides this, he is also earning from various sponsorships.
Who is Mitch Marner Dating?
Mitch’s personal life has been a subject of curiosity for many fans. He is not married yet but he is currently in a romantic relationship/affair with his beautiful girlfriend Steph LaChance. Details about his girlfriend isn’t available on the media. Since he is at the beginning of his career, he is much more focused on it rather than involving in any rumors and controversies. The duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight.
Did You Know?
- He is currently a right winger and an alternate captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL).
- He was selected fourth overall by the Maple Leafs in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
- He signed a six-year, $65.358 million contract with the Maple Leafs on 13th September 2019.
- He grew up along with his older brother, Christopher.