Quick Facts Of Oliver North
Celebrated Name Oliver North Age 76 Years Nick Name Ollie Birth Name Oliver Laurence North Birth Date 1943-10-07 Gender Male Profession Political Commentator Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth San Antonio, Texas Nationality American Ethnicity White Religion Catholic Horoscope Libra High School Ockawamick Central High School University University of New York Marital Status Married Wife Betsy Stuart Children Four Daughter Dornin, Sarah, and Tait North Son Stuart North Father Oliver Clay North Mother Ann Theresa Height 6 feet 0 inches Net Worth $ 5 million Source of Wealth As a employee Sexual Orientation Straight Eye Color Brown Hair Color White & Brown Links Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook
A political commentator, Author, Military historian, and former lieutenant colonel are already impressive qualities to have. But Oliver North is not an ordinary man, and he happens to be Silver Star Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart Medal, and Defense Meritorious Service Medal to name few sitting proudly in a broad chest of his. The glorious career of Oliver does have a spot to forget as he dragged in a political scandal during the Reagan administration.
What is Oliver North Famous for?
- An American TV host, political commentator, and a military historian.
Oliver North: ‘Informed’ I will not be renominated NRA president
National Rifle Association President Oliver North told NRA members on Saturday he will not be renominated president of the group following a dispute with its CEO Wayne LaPierre.
The announcement was made in a letter read Saturday during the NRA convention being held in Indianapolis, NRA officials confirmed to CNN.
North said in the letter that he hoped he would be renominated for a second term but, “I am now informed that will not happen,” according to a video of the letter being read.
North, a central figure in the Iran-Contra scandal, was selected last year to be the NRA’s president. At the time, LaPierre the group’s longtime executive and key public face called him “hands down, the absolute best choice to lead our NRA Board.” Already a controversial figure due to the Reagan-era scandal over secret arms sales to Iran, North joined the preeminent gun rights group at a critical juncture for it as it responded to renewed calls for gun control in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida.
But on Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported that LaPierre told the NRA’s board that he had refused a demand by North to step down and accused the NRA president of trying to extort him.
Where is Oliver North born?
Back to his early life, Oliver North was born in San Antonio, Texas, US. He was the son of Ann Theresa and Oliver Clay North, a U.S. Army major. He is American by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group. His birth sign is Libra.
He was raised in Philmont and graduated from Ockawamick Central High School in 1961. He later joined the State University of New York at Brockport for two years. He also enrolled at the US Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia.
When did Oliver North start to work as a Government employee?
- In 1983, he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel after serving as a deputy director in the political-military affair.
- North was convicted for his involvement in Iran-Contra affair, where he was sentenced to three years suspended prison term, two years of prohibition, $150,000 fine and1200 hours of community service on 5th July 1989. But in 20th July 1990, he was vacated from his convictions with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- North is also an author of best-selling books like Under Fire, One More Mission, Mission Comprised, The Assassins. Then he debuted on the TV with after making an appearance on the first season of The Jerry Springer Show in 1991.
- The retired Colonel even hosted the radio show Oliver North Radio Show or Common Sense Radio. North who also appeared in TV shows including JAG and Wings, was the host of War Stories with Oliver North and a regular commentator on Hannity which aired on Fox News Channel
- Recently, on 7 May 2018, Oliver was announced as the new president of the National Rifle Association.
- Moreover, he will be making his debut as the keynote speaker at the Sangamon County Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner on 6 Feb 2019.
Awards & Achievements of Oliver North
- He was awarded two Purple Heart medals, a Silver Star and a Bronze Star Medal for his service during the Vietnam War.
- He is a recipient of the ‘Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal’, ‘National Defense Service Medal’, ‘Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation’ and ‘Meritorious Service Medal’.
Who is the wife of Oliver North?
The former Colonel is happily married to Betsy Stuart and blessed with four children including three daughters (Dornin, Sarah, and Tait North) and one son Stuart North.
Oliver and his wife shared the wedding vows on 13 November 1967, after seven months of dating affair. The pair met each other when Oliver was 25 years old and his wife was of age 23. They reportedly had a blind date after one of his cousins showed Betsy his photograph.
After he got married, he started attending Anglican services along with his family, wife, and kids, even though he was grown a Catholic. While talking with crosswalk.com on 6 October 2018, Oliver mentioned his lady, Betsy as the strongest woman.
How much is Oliver North net worth?
The former colonel has amassed a fair net worth after a long career in the military and as a political commentator on Fox. His net worth reaches a decent $5 million dollars. The retired colonel now lives a peaceful life, and his net worth is not expected to rise in coming days.
How tall is Oliver North?
The 73-years-old political commentator stands at the height of the 6 feet (1.83 meters). Similarly, his eye color is brown and hair color is white and brown. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He was a major figure in the Iran-Contra affair.
- He is a correspondent for Fox News on defense/war issues.
- While assigned to the National Security Council from 1983 to 1986, his specialty was counter-terrorism operations. Some of his accomplishments include planning the rescue of the medical students being held hostage on Grenada and the bombing raid on Muammar Gaddafi’s terrorist camps in Libya.
- Honorary chairman of “Freedom Alliance”.