Quick Facts Of Olivia Newton-John
Celebrated Name Olivia Newton-John Age 71 Years Nick Name Olivia Newton-John Birth Name Olivia Newton-John Birth Date 1948-09-26 Gender Male Profession Actress, Singer Birth Nation United Kingdom Place Of Birth Cambridge, England Nationality British, Australian and American Ethnicity White Horoscope Libra Famous For Playing Sandy in the musical film ‘Grease’ Father Brinley Newton-John Mother Irene Born Brothers Hugh Newton-John Sisters Rona Newton-John School Christ Church Grammar School Height 5ft 6in Weight 52 kg Body Build/Type Slim Body Measurement Chest : 34 Inches, Waist : 23 Inches, Hips : 34 Inches Eye Color Light Blue Hair Color Blonde Marital Status Married Husband Matt Lattanzi(1984-1995), John Easterling(2008-present) Daughter Chloe Rose Net Worth $40 Million Awards Won 4 Times Grammy Award Winnner Source of Wealth Music Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Olivia Newton-John is a British singer-songwriter, actress and activist. In a career spanning more than five decades, she has sold over 100 million records worldwide. Newton-John’s honey voice and sweet personality assured her success in a variety of genres, including pop, country, and adult contemporary. By the late 1970s, she established herself as the most prominent vocalist in America, garnering several gold and platinum records.
Olivia Newton-John in tears after receiving emotional message following the latest cancer update
Olivia Newton-John was brought to tears after receiving a heartwarming message following her latest cancer update. The Grease star admitted she became emotional after fellow Aussie Hugh Jackman and a 15,000-strong audience from his The Man, The Music, The Show gig in Sydney, sent her a huge message of support on Monday night.
Admitting she was touched by the “thoughtful” gesture, Olivia shared Hugh’s Instagram video on her own stories and captioned it: “Oh @realhughjackman you are so sweet and thoughtful this made me cry! Say hello to my heart home! Thank you to you and your gorgeous Ozzie audience! Love and light back to you and @deborra_lee!!”
The X-Men actor took time out of his set at the Qudos Bank Arena to film the special message for Olivia. “Hi Olivia, it’s Hugh, with 15,000 of your closest friends and family,” he said as he filmed himself on stage using a mobile phone. He added: “Listen, you are the most amazing person, the most amazing mum, the most amazing ambassador, singer, and dancer. We just love you.” Captioning the clip on Instagram, he said: “@therealonj you are the most incredible…!! We love you. HJ, Debs and 15 thousand of your closest friends.”
Olivia revealed her third cancer diagnosis to the world in September. She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992 – on the same weekend that her father passed away – and was given the all-clear after undergoing chemotherapy and a mastectomy. In 2013, the actress found out that she had cancer in her shoulder, and then last year she revealed the breast cancer had spread to the base of her spine.
Despite her diagnosis, Olivia still remains positive. “I’d be lying if I said I never [get scared]. There are moments, I’m human. If I allowed myself to go there, I could easily create that big fear,” she said during an interview with 60 Minutes in Australia on Sunday. “But my husband’s always there, and he’s there to support me. I believe I will win over it. That’s my goal.”
What is Oliva Newton-John known for?
- Selling more than 100 million records worldwide, making her one of the world’s best-selling artists of all time.
- Being an activist for environmental and animal rights issues.
- Starring in the musical film Grease in 1978.
Where is Olivia Newton-John born?
Recalling her early life, Olivia born in Cambridge, England. Her father Welshman Brinley “Bryn” Newton-John was a Welsh immigrant and an MI5 officer and her mother Irene Helene was the daughter of the Nobel Prize-winning atomic physicist Max Born. Her family emigrated to Melbourne, Australia in 1954, when she was six years old.
She demonstrated musical talents early, winning several talents contest and made television and radio performances while still in her teens. She formed a short-lived girl group, Sol Four, with her three classmates at the age of fourteen.
She is the youngest of three children, following brother Hugh, a doctor, and sister Rona. Regarding his education, She attended Christ Church Grammar School, and then University High School, near to Ormond College.
When did Olivia Newton-John pursue her music career?
- Olivia Newton-John started her musical career in the mid-1960s after winning a talent contest on the television program Sing, Sing, Sing. Shortly after, she traveled to England and started performing at London pubs and cabarets. She signed a recording contract with Decca Records and released her debut single, “Till You Say You’ll Be Mine”, in 1966.
- Newton-John released her first solo album, If Not For You, in 1971. The title track peaked at number six on the UK Singles Charts and became the first of her twenty-seven U.S. Top Forty hits. Five of her singles topped the US Hot 100 charts, namely “I Honestly Love You” (1974), “Have You Never Been Mellow” (1975), “You’re the One That I Want” (1978), “Magic” (1980).
- Newton-John’s love for country music resulted in soft-rock ballads that crossed over to the country-and-western radio stations. In 1974, she won the Country Music Association’s Female Vocalist of the Year Award. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, Olivia Newton-John cemented her reputation as the most important female vocalist in America, earning various gold records and Grammy Awards.
- In 1981, she released her highly successful album Physical. Its title track became the biggest-selling single of the decade, and two other singles “Make a Move on Me” and “Landslide”, also became huge international hits.
- Newton-John has had a notable acting career. She appeared in a number of movies, television series, and documentaries, including Grease (1978), Two of a Kind (1983), A Mom for Christmas (1990), A Christmas Romance (1994), and 1 a Minute (2010).
- On 25 June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Olivia Newton-John among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
What are the achievements of Olivia Newton-John?
Olivia Newton-John has won numerous awards and accolades in her career, including four 4 Grammys, 10 American Music Awards, and nine Billboard Awards. She was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II in 1979. Newton-John received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1981.
Is Olivia Newton-John married or not?
Reflecting her personal life, Olivia Newton-John has been married twice in her life. She married her long-time boyfriend, actor Matt Lattanzi, in 1984. Their only daughter, Chloe Rose Lattanzi, was born in 1986. The marriage ended in divorce in 1995. Newton-John married her second husband, John Easterling, in 2008.
In August 2019, it was announced that cancer had progressed to Stage 4. At that time, Newton-John revealed that she was selling, among other possessions, her iconic leather jacket and pants from Grease, with portions of the proceeds being donated to cancer research facilities in Australia.
Newton-John has openly talked about using cannabis oil to ease her cancer pain and has become an advocate for medical cannabis. Her daughter Chloe also owns a cannabis farm in Oregon.
How much net worth does Olivia Newton-John earn?
Since long Olivia is still active in the field of music and till date he has sung numerous songs. From his singing career, Olivia earns a decent amount of money. He further adds money from his music career. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $40 million at present while his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Olivia Newton-John?
Observing her body physics, Olivia stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 60 Kg. She has a pair of light blue eyes and blonde hair color. Her body measures 34-23-34 inches.