Quick Facts Of Ray Lewis
Celebrated Name Ray Lewis Age 44 Years Nick Name Ray Birth Name Raymond Anthony Lewis Jr Birth Date 1975-05-15 Gender Male Profession Former Football Player Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Bartow, Florida Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Taurus Famous For Greatest football linebacker of the Baltimore Ravens of NFL. Father Elbert Ray Jackson Mother Sunseria Siblings 5 Brothers Keon Lattimore School Kathleen High School College / University University of Miami University University of Maryland University College Education Undergraduate degree in Arts and Science Marital Status Unmarried Children 6 Daughter Diaymon and Kaitlin Son Ray Lewis III, Rayshad, Ralin, and Rashaan Girl Friend Tatyana McCall, Kimberly Arnold, Sharnika Kelly Net Worth $45 million Salary $7 million Body Build/Type Athletic Height 6ft.(1.83m) Weight 113kg Face Color Brown Hair Color Black Eye Color Brown Sexual Orientation Straight Religion Christian Debut Club Baltimore Ravens
Ray Lewis is a former American football linebacker who played all of his professional career life for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League(NFL). Lewis is the second linebacker to win the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Award and also has won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award. Lewis is considered the greatest Baltimore Raven of all time. On September 16, 2019, Lewis headed to the “Dancing with Superstars” with his Squirrel Dance Moves in Salsa Dance.
What is Ray Lewis Famous for?
- Lewis is famous as the greatest football linebacker of the Baltimore Ravens of NFL.
- Lewis is known for his eligibility as he was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year.
When and Where was Ray Lewis Born?
Ray Lewis was born on May 15, 1975, in Bartow, Florida. His birth name is Raymond Anthony Lewis Jr. His nationality is American. Lewis belongs to White ethnicity while Taurus is his zodiac sign.
Lewis was born to Elbert Ray Jackson(father) and Sunseria(mother). His father was not there with his family while his step-father was extremely abusive towards his mother. Lewis began doing the push-up with the deck of 52 playing cards so as to get stronger to protect her mother. This is the reason for which he had #52 jersey number all the time.
Lewis was raised in his hometown along with his five younger siblings. His younger brother, Keon Lattimore is the former University of Maryland running back.
Lewis attended Kathleen High School in Lakeland where he was an All-American linebacker for the football team and also was a prolific wrestler for the school. Later in 1992, he joined the University of Miami getting a scholarship where he was a part of the football team, “Miami Hurricanes”.
Lewis played and contributed a lot in several matches where he was named to the “Freshmen All-American Team”. In his sophomore season, he earned first-team All-American and All-Big East honors while he was chosen as the runner-up for the “Butkus Award” as the linebacker in his junior year.
Lewis earned his undergraduate degree in Arts and Science from the University of Maryland University College in 2004.
How was Ray Lewis’s Professional Career? What Has He Been Doing Now?
- Ray Lewis kicked off his professional career after he got selected by Baltimore Ravens.
- In 1996, Lewis led Ravens to “All-Rookie Team Honor” form the USA Today and he was the top-rated inside linebacker.
- In 1997, Lewis earned the “NFL-Best” and career-high 184 tackles and got his first entry in the Pro Bowl.
- Ray later was selected as the “Sporting News All-Pro Team”(1998) and “NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year”(1999).
- In 2000, Lewis led his team to the victory of “Super Bowl XXV” where he was named as “Super Bowl MVP” and “Defensive Player of the Year”.
- Even after he had a shoulder injury in 2001, he managed himself to get the title of “AFC Defensive Player of the Year”.
- Lewis was named “AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year” and “NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year” in 2003.
- Lewis was named first-team All-Pro by AP, second-team All-Pro by College and Pro Football Weekly and Football Digest and The Sporting News.
- In 2008, Lewis led his team Ravens to the AFC Championship.
- Lewis was selected to the “Pro Bowl” for three consecutive years and became the first player in NFL history with at least 40 sacks and 30 interceptions in his career.
- During the match against the Dallas Cowboys, Lewis suffered torn triceps on October 14, 2012.
- Later on January 2, 2013, Lewis announced of getting retire from the game finishing the 2012-13 NFL playoffs.
- He played his last game for the NFL was the Super Bowl XLVII where Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers.
- Lewis also has done few movies and TV shows including “What You See Is What You Get”, “Low Blow”, “The Last Alaskans”, “The Last Alaskans: Remote Access”, “Coaching Bad”, “How I’m Living”, “America’s Game: The Super Bowl Champions”.
- On September 16, 2019, Lewis headed to the “Dancing With Stars” with his Squirrel Moves in Salsa Dance.
Is Ray Lewis Married? How Many Children Does He Have?
Ray Lewis is currently single. Lewis has not thought of getting married yet however he has been in a relationship with many ladies including Tatyana McCall, Kimberly Arnold, and Sharnika Kelly.
Lewis is the father of six children altogether. Lewis has two daughters, Diaymon and Kaitlin, and four sons, Ray Lewis III, Rayshad, Ralin, and Rashaan. His three sons, Ray Lewis III, Rayshad, and Rashaan are from his ex Tatyana McCall while Kaitlin, Ralin and Diaymon are from his relationship with three different women.
His sons are also following their father’s pathway to the football as his son Ray Lewis III played for “The University of Miami” and “Coastal Carolina” and later he got transferred to Virginia Union University.
While his other sons, Rayshad played as a defensive back and wide receiver for the “University of Maryland” and Rashaan played as a defensive back for the University of Central Florida.
Lewis has also been involved in several charitable activities, he has even started the “Ray Lewis 52 Foundation” for providing economic assistance to the poor society.
Lewis was also awarded the “Act of Kindness” award. In 2015, Lewis published his autobiography titled, “I Feel Like Going On: Life, Game, and Glory”.
Source: [email protected]
Ray Lewis was charged with double murder for the death of two men at a Super Bowl party back in 2000. His reputation was in disbalance after he had a bad night outside an Atlanta nightclub where he went on fighting with his companions and other peoples, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar.
Later, Lewis along with other two fellows were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. However, the charges were dropped later where Lewis was fined $250,000 by NFL but the accusation followed Lewis for years after.
Is Ray Lewis A Millionaire? How Much Does He Earn?
The former Baltimore Ravens footballer, Ray Lewis has a great earning through his professional career as he has spent 17 long years of his life just playing for Baltimore Ravens. Considering all the hard works and time that Ray Lewis had put on his career since past long years, Lewis has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars.
Lewis enjoys the fortune as his estimated net worth is of around $45 million with $7 million as his annual salary.
In 1998, Lewis became the highest-paid middle linebacker in the NFL which was because of the four-year contract extension worth of $26 million. He also had his highest salary of more than $10 million while during the last year of his career, Lewis earned about $5 million.
With the huge fortune of million dollars in his account, he has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Ray Lewis?
The 41 years old popular football linebacker, Ray Lewis has a well maintained athletic body physique. Lewis has a great height as he stands tall with a height of 6ft.(1.85 m) while his body weighs around 113kg.
Lewis is a tall dark and handsome hunk with black hair and brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- Lewis had a #52 jersey number all the time because of a reason.
- Lewis began doing the push-up with the deck of 52 playing cards to get stronger to protect her mother from his step-father.
- He is named as the greatest Baltimore Raven of all time.
- Lewis is the father of six children from four different women.
- Lewis was fined $250,000 by NFL because of murder assault.