Quick Facts Of Robert Mueller
Celebrated Name Robert Mueller Age 75 Years Nick Name Robert Mueller Birth Name Robert Swan Mueller III Birth Date 1944-08-07 Gender Male Profession Attorney Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth New York City, New York, United States Nationality American Father Robert Swan Mueller Jr. Mother Alice C. Truesdale Spouse Ann Cabell Standish (m. 1966) Children Cynthia & Melissa Height 5 feet 11 inch Weight 75 KG Hair Color White Eye Color Hazel Green Sexual Orientation Straight Ethnicity White (German, English and Scottish) Religion Christian Net Worth $3.5 Million Salary Not Known Sisters Susan M. Timchak, Patricia H. Mueller, Joan B. Mueller, Sandra M. Dick Marital Status Married School St. Paul’s School University Princeton University Education Juris Dorctor from the University of Virginia Links Wikipedia Facebook Twitter
Robert Mueller is an American lawyer and member of the Republican Party. He served as the 6th Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 2001 to 2013. In 2017, he was named special counsel over the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. He draws the wide media attention globally when Donald Trump ordered his firing in June over dispute the Russia Investigation and arises questions about Donald Trump‘s relationship with Kelly. Currently, he playing a role as head of the Special Counsel investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.
Robert Mueller retiring as Special Counsel
Robert Mueller, speaking publicly about the report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election, he announced on 29 May 2019 that he was retiring as special counsel and he also stated that the office would be shut down. He added, the report would be his testimony about the investigation. The Department of Justice released the final report on Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election on 18 April 2019.
As a Lawyer and a member of the Republican Party.
Early Life of Robert
Robert Swan Mueller III was born on August 7, 1944, in Manhattan, New York. His parents were Alice C. Truesdale and Robert Swan Mueller, Jr. He has four sisters, Susan, Sandra, Joan, and Patricia. Mueller grew up in Philadelphia and attended St. Paul’s School in Concord, New Hampshire. His zodiac sign is Leo. His nationality is American. He captained the school’s soccer, hockey and lacrosse teams. He was dubbed their top athlete in 1962. Mueller completed his B.A. at Princeton (1966) and his M.A. at New York University (1967). He earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School in 1973. He also served as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Body Features of Robert
Robert has got a very attractive body features. He has a tall height of 1.80 m and has a balanced weight of 75 Kg. His hair color is White and eye color is Hazel Green. With his charming face, he attracts a lot of followers towards him.
Career of Robert
- Robert started his career after passing out from the University of Virginia School of Law.
- He wanted to work with the United States Attorney’s office but he failed to earn a position.
- Due to this, he took up the job as a litigator at the firm ‘Pillsbury, Madison and Sutro’, in San Francisco until 1976.
- In the year 1976, he became assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Northern California.
- In the year 1981, he was promoted to chief of the criminal division.
- In the year 1982, he relocated to Boston to work as an Assistant United States Attorney with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts and there he worked on numerous cases involving financial fraud, international money laundering, corruption, narcotics, and even terrorism.
- After that, he worked as the district’s acting attorney for a year in the year 1986.
- After a year-long stint at Boston law firm, ‘Hill and Barlow’, he returned to the U.S. Department of Justice in 1989 as an assistant to Attorney General Dick Thornburgh.
- He was also the acting deputy Attorney General.
- In the year 1990, he took over the criminal division and led the prosecution of Panamanian dictator, Manuel Noriega, the Lockerbie bombing case, and then went to form a unit dedicated to cybersecurity.
- In the year 1993, he joined the law firm ‘Hale and Dorr’ as a partner and the firm was specialized in white-collar crime litigation.
- In the year 1995, he returned to public service two and then he joined the District of Columbia United States Attorney’s Office as a senior litigator in the homicide section.
- From the year 1998 to 2001, he worked as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California.
- On 5th July 2001, the then-president, George W. Bush. nominated Mueller for the position of FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) director. Washington lawyer George J. Terwilliger III and Chicago prosecutor Dan Webb were also in the running for the same position. However, around mid-June, they both withdrew their names after which Mueller was appointed as FBI director on August 2, 2001, following a unanimous decision in his favor by the Senate.
- His efforts at modernizing the FBI were recognized by President Barack Obama who offered him to extend his ten-year term by another two years in the year 2011.
- He gladly accepted the offer and the Senate approved this request on 27th July 2011.
- After completing his service with the FBI, he joined Stanford as a teacher.
- On 17th May 2017, he was appointed as a special counsel to investigate Russia’s involvement in any kind of manipulation of the 2016 presidential election results and possible links to President Donald Trump.
- On 30th October 2017, he filed a series of charges against Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his associate Rick Gates. Some of the charges included tax fraud, money laundering and conspiracy against the United States.
- It was found later that the former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, George Papadopoulos, has confessed to lying to the FBI about their contact with the Russians.
- When former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, was investigated on December 1, 2017, he admitted to having lied to the FBI about conversations with the Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. In his defense, he stated that he was only following orders of a “very senior member” of the presidential transition team.
- On 16th February 2018, the Justice Department indicated that Mueller has filed a case of conspiracy to defraud the United States against 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for their involvement in manipulating the 2016 presidential election and as per the charges, defendants allegedly made fake U.S. personas and promoted social media pages and lured American audiences in a “strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system.
- President Donald Trump did not spare Mueller and admonished him through his tweet on 20th May 2018, that “the World’s most expensive Witch Hunt has found nothing on Russia & me so now they are looking at the rest of the World!”.
- He then started investigating the August 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and an emissary for the crown princes of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Affairs of Robert
Robert is a married man. He married in the year 1966 with Ann Cabell Standish. The couple is blessed with two children named Cynthia and Melissa. The couple is living a happy life.
Net worth of Robert
The net worth of Robert is surely in millions. He is earning a good amount of money from his career. His net worth is $3.5 Million as of 2018. His exact salary is not revealed yet and will be updated soon. There is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a good amount of money from his career. He is satisfied with his earning.
Did You Know?
- He is the longest-serving FBI director since J. Edgar Hoover.
- He was named on TIME magazine’s ”The 100 Most Influential People” 2018 list.
- On May 17, 2017, Mueller was appointed by the Justice Department as special counsel, overseeing the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and related matters.