Quick Facts Of Robin Leach
Celebrated Name Robin Leach Age 78 Years Nick Name Robin Birth Name Robin Douglas Leach Birth Date 1941-08-29 Gender Male Profession Reporter Birth Nation United Kingdom Place Of Birth Perivale, London Father Douglas Thomas Leach Mother Violet Victoria Nationality American Horoscope Virgo Marital Status Married (Divorced) Children 3 Girlfriend Joan Severance Net Worth $15 Million Religion Christianity Death Date 24 August 2018 Cause Of Death Complications of a stroke
One of the English entertainer, reporter, and writer from London was Robin Douglas Leach who was famous as Robin Leach. He was also the well-known actor and producer. In England, as a print journalist, he started his career. From 1984-1995, in the United States, he was best known for hosting the television series Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. He once ruled the TV screen with his signature phrase ‘Champagne wishes and caviar dreams’.
Leach’s Early Life
Robin Leach full name is Robin Douglas Leach. He was born on 29 August 1941 at Perivale, London, United Kingdom. He was born to Violet Victoria and Douglas Thomas Leach who is a sales executive. His nationality is American. His horoscope is Virgo.
Leach’s Body Features
Leach’s height is 5.10 m. he has the balanced and healthy body.
- At the age of fourteen, he edited a school magazine named ‘The Gayton Times’ at Harrow High School which was 10 miles away from London.
- At the age of the fifth teen, he became a general news reporter for the Harrow Observer.
- At the age of seventeen, he started a monthly glossy town magazine.
- At the age of eighteen, he moved on to the Daily Mail as Britain’s youngest “Page One” reporter.
- He wrote for several American newspapers, including New York Daily News, People, and Ladies’ Home Journal.
- In 1967, he launched ‘GO’ magazine.
- He became show business editor of The Star.
- He was a guest at the World Wrestling Federation’s WrestleMania IV, where he read the rules for the championship tournament.
- In March 1993, he hosted an expose documentary of Madonna for the Fox network.
- In 2006, he appeared in the documentary film ‘Maxed Out’, which documented the rise of the credit card industry in the United States.
- He hosted the Lifestyles spinoff Fame, Fortune, and Romance along with Matt Lauer.
- In 2007, he hosted The Surreal Life: Fame Games on VH1.
- In 2010, he served as the public address announcer for the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup race which was held at Las Vegas named as Motor Speedway.
- From 2008, he wrote for the Las Vegas Sun and the daily VegasDeluxe.com website.
Leach’s Personal Life
Leach is a married man. He married to Judith Desser at 1968 but in 1977 they got divorced. He is the father of three children and he has four grandchildren. Later he was in a relationship with the American actress Joan Severance from 2002. Though they did not get married they were living happily.
Leach net worth was estimated to be $15 million.
At the age of 76, on 24 August 2018, he died from the complications of a stroke which he previously suffered while on vacation in Cabo San Lucas on 27 October 2017. He died at Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Did You Know?
- He was hired by Sheldon Adelson’s Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- In 1999, he resided in Las Vegas.
- He maintained his English accent throughout his life.